The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are now trying to drive out H1Bs by removing the right of H1B spouses to work. Most of my friends and I will leave if that happens, and there are not many Americans out there with the skillsets some of us have. They are hurting their country, and a bunch of normal folks too.
Absolutely mind-blowing what they are doing.

Absolutely mind-blowing what they are doing.
Honestly, I usually wouldn't care but it's a combination of 100 things. If the H1b rule goes into place, it's not the $$ that will drive me out (thought that is a hit) it is the quality of life impact on my wife.

Honestly, I usually wouldn't care but it's a combination of 100 things. If the H1b rule goes into place, it's not the $$ that will drive me out (thought that is a hit) it is the quality of life impact on my wife.
Exactly - they seem completely oblivious to the impact their decisions have on actual people.

A journey through a land of extreme poverty: welcome to America
Los Angeles, California, 5 December

“You got a choice to make, man. You could go straight on to heaven. Or you could turn right, into that.”

We are in Los Angeles, in the heart of one of America’s wealthiest cities, and General Dogon, dressed in black, is our tour guide. Alongside him strolls another tall man, grey-haired and sprucely decked out in jeans and suit jacket. Professor Philip Alston is an Australian academic with a formal title: UN special rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights.

General Dogon, himself a veteran of these Skid Row streets, strides along, stepping over a dead rat without comment and skirting round a body wrapped in a worn orange blanket lying on the sidewalkThe two men carry on for block after block after block of tatty tents and improvised tarpaulin shelters. Men and women are gathered outside the structures, squatting or sleeping, some in groups, most alone like extras in a low-budget dystopian movie.

We come to an intersection, which is when General Dogon stops and presents his guest with the choice. He points straight ahead to the end of the street, where the glistening skyscrapers of downtown LA rise up in a promise of divine riches.

Heaven.

Then he turns to the right, revealing the “black power” tattoo on his neck, and leads our gaze back into Skid Row bang in the center of LA’s downtown. That way lies 50 blocks of concentrated human humiliation. A nightmare in plain view, in the city of dreams.

Alston turns right.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/15/america-extreme-poverty-un-special-rapporteur

My thoughts.
The USA is a hopeless case. There is absolutely no sense of solidarity or social justice as we have here in Europe. Even the poor despise other poor people, and vote for measures that effectively penalise themselves & others like them. If the average American citizen had any sense they would never vote for the repulsive reptiles (no offense intended to actual reptiles) that comprise the Republican Party. The fact that poor & working class people vote for the GOP in droves illustrates the foolishness of these voters, and the fact that the GOP plays them like a cello, by harping on about guns & God. The sad thing is that the Brexshitter Tories want to inflict a similar fate upon the British people, and there are enough idiots brainwashed by Dacre et al here in the UK, that they will probably be able to get away with it.
I fear the UK is heading in the same direction.

“You got a choice to make, man. You could go straight on to heaven. Or you could turn right, into that.”

We are in Los Angeles, in the heart of one of America’s wealthiest cities, and General Dogon, dressed in black, is our tour guide. Alongside him strolls another tall man, grey-haired and sprucely decked out in jeans and suit jacket. Professor Philip Alston is an Australian academic with a formal title: UN special rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights.

General Dogon, himself a veteran of these Skid Row streets, strides along, stepping over a dead rat without comment and skirting round a body wrapped in a worn orange blanket lying on the sidewalkThe two men carry on for block after block after block of tatty tents and improvised tarpaulin shelters. Men and women are gathered outside the structures, squatting or sleeping, some in groups, most alone like extras in a low-budget dystopian movie.

We come to an intersection, which is when General Dogon stops and presents his guest with the choice. He points straight ahead to the end of the street, where the glistening skyscrapers of downtown LA rise up in a promise of divine riches.

Heaven.

Then he turns to the right, revealing the “black power” tattoo on his neck, and leads our gaze back into Skid Row bang in the center of LA’s downtown. That way lies 50 blocks of concentrated human humiliation. A nightmare in plain view, in the city of dreams.

Alston turns right.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/15/america-extreme-poverty-un-special-rapporteur
Read it earlier, thought of this thread. MAGA at bringing back diseases long eradicated. In the US.

Heaven.

Alston turns right.

This makes my blood boil.

I fear the UK is heading in the same direction.

I think that sometimes, but at least in the UK people have experienced universal healthcare and decent benefits and protections. It's much harder to take things away than it is to deny them to people who have never known any better. I think it'll get worse in the UK but then there will be a BIG pushback that will probably cast the Tories back into the political wastelands for another 10-20 years. They never seem to know when to stop themselves.

Donald4.jpeg

Disconcerting

Didn't see any corroborating links for this. My cousin only recently bought a house and his wife is H4 eligible worker. He will run into issues if this is implemented

I saw the view one but not the photo or the Stern
C8vc9crUIAAzQGU.jpg:large

sub-buzz-31686-1476041749-1.jpg

donald-trump-ivanka-bed-kiss.jpg

In the 2004 interview with Stern, Trump tells the host that "My daughter is beautiful, Ivanka," to which Stern interjects, “by the way, your daughter.” Trump finishes Stern’s sentence by repeating “she’s beautiful.”

“Can I say this? A piece of ass,” Stern says in the clip. “Yeah,” Trump replies.

In another clip uncovered by CNN, this one from 2006, Stern asks Trump, “did your daughter get breast implants?” The real estate mogul replied that “no, she didn’t. I mean, I would know if she did. The answer is no. Why, did she look a little more stacked?”

“She looks more voluptuous than ever,” Stern said.

“No, she didn’t get them,” Trump said. “She’s actually always been very voluptuous.”

Lots of smoke/rumblings on Twitter from plugged in people that something else is coming down the pipe soon.

In the 2004 interview with Stern, Trump tells the host that "My daughter is beautiful, Ivanka," to which Stern interjects, “by the way, your daughter.” Trump finishes Stern’s sentence by repeating “she’s beautiful.”

“Can I say this? A piece of ass,” Stern says in the clip. “Yeah,” Trump replies.

In another clip uncovered by CNN, this one from 2006, Stern asks Trump, “did your daughter get breast implants?” The real estate mogul replied that “no, she didn’t. I mean, I would know if she did. The answer is no. Why, did she look a little more stacked?”

“No, she didn’t get them,” Trump said. “She’s actually always been very voluptuous.”

New definition of Daddy's Girl.

Didn't see any corroborating links for this. My cousin only recently bought a house and his wife is H4 eligible worker. He will run into issues if this is implemented

Its utter stupidity on your cousins part if he bought the house after Trump was elected. Should have known Trump was going to target things like H-1B visas.

Last edited:

He's a sick dude!! That's revolting.

"Daddy, can I have a pony?"
"No way! These are new trousers!"

"I don't think Ivanka would do that inside the magazine. Although she does have a very nice figure. I've said that if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I would be dating her."

When asked what he and his daughter both consider their favorite things, Trump answered, “I was going to say sex, but I can relate to [golf and real estate].”

3:
She’s actually always been very voluptuous… she’s tall, she’s almost 6 feet tall… she’s a real beauty.”

#2:
“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father….

#1:
“Is it wrong to be more sexually attracted to your own daughter than your wife?”

It's on CNN. Hoping it's fake news but it was on the homepage last night IST.. I'll send a link to you later if i can

Status
Not open for further replies.