The Rise of the Right Wing In Ireland.

We should be looking to address the sources of misinformation for sure, you're absolutely right. Ignorance is also no defense. If you're willing to leave your house and attack someone because of the colour of their skin/religious affiliation/sexuality (you can tell yourself that they were in fear of their kids wellbeing if you want) then you are scum and you deserve a good hiding.

There's literally proof of them attacking this person, there is no proof that this person did anything wrong. It's not about making myself feel better either, it's to make Ireland a safer place for everyone.
Honestly, I don’t think you’re seeing the wood for the trees here.

Honestly, I don’t think you’re seeing the wood for the trees here.
If the government and the gards would do their jobs, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Unfortunately they aren't so we are.

Which are the other political parties mentioned in the statement?…i.e. those that were unwilling to enter into this alliance.
Well the Irish freedom party, but Herman wanted them under his umbrella, with blight as the leader of the party and Sherman as his second. But the rest told him to feck off

Absolutely sickening they can hold a fascist rally chanting 'Get them out' in the Garden of Remembrance

Why is it that these guys always look the same? Whether it's in Britain, Ireland, the US or wherever else. It's like if you offered them a hug, they'd either slap you or run a mile.

From a philosophical point of view, I have always had a deep rooted sense that as humans , we will simply never be happy. We will destroy what we build , including relationships for multiple reasons.

The likes of Brexit, far right and Trump cults comes from people who are ignored and people who don’t feel they are benefiting from what society is currently giving them. Foreigners, different skin Color or whatever pathetic xenophobic/racist tag that can be used, is the dividing factor and the unifying factor.

You can’t reason with it, as it’s a war in the most extreme cases and they don’t want to discuss what they believe. It’s like trying to reason with staunch religious folk. It’s probably closer to United v Liverpool fans debating a subjective incident in a game. You just know the most passionate on each side will absolutely “know for sure” that their team was in the right.

Ireland is doing well financially and generally most people are doing ok. We have a very generous welfare state which I think is very important. The more people invested in society, they less influence the more extreme folk can have.

But you can see how quickly chinks in the armour can be made. That stabbing incident at the school, led to a Dublin riot. The extreme bullsh*t that’s infected so many other countries is in the post for Ireland. All we need now is some sort of event or even financial meltdown and it’s gonna be not so calm Ireland.

Wicked Austerity in the 00s was a huge lightening rod for people being unhappy. A literal bail-out for the f^^ckers who caused the mess and everybody else had to suffer consequences. I’ve always said we live in a feudalist kind of system and do believe it, when times get hard people realise the bullsh*t of double standard democracy.

There is logic to decisions , like protecting the financial system from collapse, but there’s zero moral hazzard for the psychotic clowns at the top of corporate ladders, running the show so they inevitably cock it all up again.

More disturbing scenes in Coolock today, and sadly I can only see this kind of stuff continuing.

Last edited:
You would have thought they'd be in high spirits after their team beat England in the Euros final.

More disturbing scenes in Coolock today, and sadly I can only see this kind of stuff continuing.

They’ve been slumming it by side of road there for months. Passed them a few times, yeh it’s gonna get worse and the attention they get will embolden further chaos.

Seriously. Learn to take harmless jibes appropriately. You'll be better for it.
I could say the same thing. A load of nutters burning down a building site and having a scrap with the police is hardly a joke no go zone. Especially so because there's an element of truth in it.

I could say the same thing. A load of nutters burning down a building site and having a scrap with the police is hardly a joke no go zone. Especially so because there's an element of truth in it.

Jokes are almost always ok.. in context, what's the element of truth ?

Last edited:
Jokes are almost always ok.. what's the element of truth ?
The Irish lads I've known who have been extremely anti-English to the point of it being ridiculous have also been massive racist twats. Like these guys.

The Irish lads I've known who have been extremely anti-English to the point of it being ridiculous have also been massive racist twats. Like these guys.

Slagging a football team isn't racist dude.

I never said that.

I don't know dude, you're coming across as someone who watched Zulu and was left wondering why all those African blokes were so mean to Michael Caine and Sean Connery.

No Backs, no Dogs, no Irish. Because they're all massive racists.

I don't know dude, you're coming across as someone who watched Zulu and was left wondering why all those African blokes were so mean to Michael Caine and Sean Connery.

I actually think I get his point. He’s on about the Venn diagram of Irish people who despise the English and those who are racists. There’s an overlap. These scumbags all consider themselves nationalist patriots, after all.

What he fails to realise is that literally millions of Irish people want the English football team to lose for reasons that have nothing to do with being patriotic or nationalist. For similar reasons to the whole of the rest of Europe wanting them to lose as well.

I actually think I get his point. He’s on about the Venn diagram of Irish people who despise the English and those who are racists. There’s an overlap. These scumbags all consider themselves nationalist patriots, after all.

What he fails to realise is that literally millions of Irish people want the English football team to lose for reasons that have nothing to do with being patriotic or nationalist. For similar reasons to the whole of the rest of Europe wanting them to lose as well.

Well as everyone here basically supports England's opposition then yes, literally every subsection of Ireland, good and bad will have a Venn diagram overlap.

And even if you go beyond football rivalry and bring a degree of nationalism into it, painting post colonial antipathy as racism is a bit precious and opens a lot of glass houses/pot kettle conversations.

If we ever go over to England under a mixture of nationalist flags and fascist iconography and wreck Wembley we can have a proper chat about it.

And don't forget it was Irish people he knows, not these utter scumbags.

I think P-Ro is a good egg and a good poster, but didn't think this one through.

You’re thinking of Zulu and The Man Who Would be King at the same time. ;)

The government statements damning yesterday are so dismissive they will only add fuel to the fire. There needs to be an honest grown up conversation about immigration.

The government statements damning yesterday are so dismissive they will only add fuel to the fire. There needs to be an honest grown up conversation about immigration.
If anything these right wing loons give the government an easy excuse. "Ah they're setting a bad example, we will always welcome immigrants here in Ireland". Yeah, of course we will, but we're also at a tipping point with many of our critical services and enforcing some restrictions on the numbers that come here, and where they come from, like many EU countries of our size do pretty well (Denmark for example) is a logical move.

If anything these right wing loons give the government an easy excuse. "Ah they're setting a bad example, we will always welcome immigrants here in Ireland". Yeah, of course we will, but we're also at a tipping point with many of our critical services and enforcing some restrictions on the numbers that come here, and where they come from, like many EU countries of our size do pretty well (Denmark for example) is a logical move.
They're a godsend to the government.

280 people going into a village of 165.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...pperary-village-of-165-people/a953110517.html

How the feck does that work with regards to GPs etc.?