Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

My idea was Redcafe's top 100 films. . .ie best, which is subjective, obviously. No idea what Mehro wants.

I'd have you(Ole) and Cinc for starters. Simon Adebesi and Micheal Hammer know their onions, too. I reckon we could easily have 10 posters, if not more.

The Wind That Shakes the Barley

6/10

Kinda low budget movie. Mostly unknown actors with few gingers. Acting isn't that great.

After watching it, my dislike of England has exponentially increased.

Highly recommended.

Worth far more than 6/10.

Possibly a tad emotionally barren but still worth at least 8/10

American Gangster - 7/10 Cliched dialogues, sub plots that lead to nothing. I was hoping for so much more from this movie that I came out really disappointed.

My idea was Redcafe's top 100 films. . .ie best, which is subjective, obviously. No idea what Mehro wants.

I'd have you(Ole) and Cinc for starters. Simon Adebesi and Micheal Hammer know their onions, too. I reckon we could easily have 10 posters, if not more.

It was your idea. I was just bumping it back up. Choose the posters.

Well it depends if they want to do it. I'd deffo have Ole, Cinc and Michael Hammer. And the others I mentioned seem to have seen a shedload of films, too. I think it's important we have people who've seen films from all parts of the globe(except Bollyfeckingwood). . .rather than just Hollywood. . .and the odd martial arts movie.

I have around 600 films at home if anyones interested.

Edit: Actually, I have around 300

I have around 600 films at home if anyones interested.

Film buff. So, that's ILBB and all. How the feck is this going to work though?

And I bought an expresso machine, a bit ago. I will master the art of the cappucino with nice patterns by the end of today. Illy beans are well nice.

Thanks for the inclusion Spooney....haven't been on here for a while due to my teaching commitments, but thought I'd pop in. Just what exactly are you planning here? Is it along the lines of the BFI's top 100 or similar?

Well Mehro's taken over, so it's upto him really. But yeah. something along the lines of BFI's top 100.

Hot Rod

kid who wants to be a stuntman has to raise 50k to save his dads life.

random humour, pisstaking, had me chuckling quite a lot

7/10

I already gave you an idea.

People nominate and a panel decides on which ones make the list. You can't have too big a panel because if you stick everyone who watches movies on the panel then there'll be noone to do the nominations.

I'd have you Salvo, but you'll probably end up saying that anything pre 1985 is shite.

Right. . .I've named my panel:

Cinc.
Olesmyhero.
Hammer Michael
Mehro (token Indian and bender)
ILBB15

Now what?

Nah. People will lose interest after the first 40-50 then. However if we start with the bottom then we run the risk of having too many good movies to choose from for a few spots (like Davo's top 100 posters thing). Hmm maybe top is better.

Nah. People will lose interest after the first 40-50 then. However if we start with the bottom then we run the risk of having too many good movies to choose from for a few spots (like Davo's top 100 posters thing). Hmm maybe top is better.

Do the list via PM and only post it when it's complete.