Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Shit! Not yet, mate. Been very busy. I really want to watch it and all. I'll get that Skype account tomorrow.

Oceans 13 More of the same only less coherent and far more yawn inducing. Which i though would be difficult. Summary = rubbish. 2/10

Aenigma - Lucio Fulci "Carrie" rip-off. Notable only for terrible acting and the scene where a young (naked) lady is killed in her bed by being smothered by snails.

2/10

Sunshine.

I's amatuer hour at the sci-fi convention. feck off Danny Boyle, and Alex Garland, yet again, they're being heralded as the fecking saviour of art house/sci-fi/cinematic history. My arse.

Danny Boyle needs to stop making films with Garland. I thinh he's just about the most over rated writer of all time. I've not really enjoyed a film he's made with Boyle and I also didn't really rate The Beach as a novel either.

Once upon a time in China: 8/10

One of the best Martial arts movies of all time. Some comedic moments set in between the awesome action scenes. Jet Li plays the main protagonist.

Election: 8.5/10

A Hong Kong movie about the Triads electing a new leader. Great performance by Tony Leung(Big Tony) as Big D.

Don't tell anyone

French movie by Jean Reno about a guy who thinks his wife was murdered but 8 years later starts getting contact from her again. Its actually quite good.

8/10

The Life Aquatic was one of the least funny "comedies" ever made. Even by the unfunny standards of Anderson.

I don't think I even smiled once.

Requiem for a Dream

A film about drug addiction and it's subsequent affect on the lives of four people.

Great film but tough as feck, not a feel good by any stretch of the imagination.

8/10

The Miracle of Bern

A movie about the German team victory in the 1954 World Cup. One of the best football movie I've seen. The story was very good, and the football was believable.

A film about drug addiction and it's subsequent affect on the lives of four people.

Great film but tough as feck, not a feel good by any stretch of the imagination.

8/10

ASS TO ASS! ASS TO ASS!

That was the underlying message of Requiem for a Dream.

I'm just watching Being John Malkovich on telly, Id forgotten how brilliant this film is. Just had the bit where he goes into his own portal and everyone is him and all anyone can say is Malkovich. Got to be one of my all time favourite comedy moments. Absolutely genius.

Days of Being Wild - Kar Wai's direction was just as good in this movie as in In the Mood for Love. He seems to like soft endings for his movies. Really good music once again although not quite as good as ITMFL. A fairly enjoyable movie over all. Maggy Cheung looked really beautiful. 8/10

GrindHouse- Death Proof.

Tarantino's lost it. Too self indulgent now, mainly because he knows his fanboys allow him to. He can make any shit and loads would lap it up.

Tried to pull of the conversations ala Pulp but the fact it was all between girls, made it rubbish. Wasn't because I could not relate but that it was too cliched. The final car stunt was well done, that's about it.

4/10

Am gonna watch Planet Terror tonite as well.

Days of Being Wild - Kar Wai's direction was just as good in this movie as in In the Mood for Love. He seems to like soft endings for his movies. Really good music once again although not quite as good as ITMFL. A fairly enjoyable movie over all. Maggy Cheung looked really beautiful. 8/10

I preferred ITMFL, Fallen Angels and Chungking Express. And I'd say that Fallen Angels is probably his second best film. Very underrated.

Daywatch - russian movie. even weirder than the first one, Nightwatch. Still cant decide if i loved or hated them
I think on those I'll have to wait to see the other two to accurately give a review of each of them.

Just watched Breaking News. Pretty decent movie by Johnnie To about cops going after bad guys and using the media to do it.

The Third Man-directed by Carol Reed.

I watched this film today again and it's still as brilliant as it was the first time I saw it.

The acting is great and if I had lived in those days when Alida Valli was in her prime I would have wanted to be her slave. Classy women like Valli are impossible to find these days.

8/10.

We'd need a panel. 5-6 posters that'd choose them. Others can do the nominations. We can do 10 at a time. Start from the bottom. Invite everyone to put in their nominations and the panel picks or rates.