Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

I like this panel idea.

Alternatively, we could each pick some films (like 20-25 each) and those that appear in everyone's list get higher on the list.

Nice save there, Spoony. :)

I like this panel idea.

Alternatively, we could each pick some films (like 20-25 each) and those that appear in everyone's list get higher on the list.

Nice save there, Spoony. :)

Well if we've all got Godfather as number, for example, then it'll have to number one on the list. . . will a shortened list make any difference? That said, it's still bloody complicated.

Updated:

Spoony
olesmyhero
cinc
Spammy
Wibble
GB
Plech
Hammer Michael
Dr. Dwayne
RedNome
Mehro
FreakyJim
Bilbo
Shotgun
Simon

That's 15 then. Hope no one's been missed.

If everyone's happy with this list then we can send out PMs to these people and get more ideas. Spammy has agreed to send out the PMs. Thanks Spammy.

I want to be on the panel...mainly to make sure Requiem gets a high spot much to Spoony's annoyance.

Mehro is going to be the convenor.

First part of his job being mailing CDs of first batch of movies to everyone.

Go...

I'd say a couple of weeks. Dunno, what do you think?

Also my suggestion is that the list be the films you think are the best(for whatever reasons) as opposed to your favourite 100.

Not atm. Maybe once more panelists respond we can think of one.

Crappy, would you mind being first backup in case someone doesn't respond.

Or we can have 16 panelists. I'll let Spoony decide that.

No issues. I have no problem with sixteen.

Final List

Spoony
olesmyhero
cinc
Spammy
Wibble
GB
Plech
Hammer Michael
Dr. Dwayne
RedNome
Mehro
FreakyJim
Bilbo
Shotgun
Simon
Crappy

Better idea, why don't we have a 31 Dec deadline? by then we can all watch a few more films (classics in particular).

Have you watched No Smoking, mehro?
Hindi movie. I liked a lot, give it a go.

I'll look it up.

Better idea, why don't we have a 31 Dec deadline? by then we can all watch a few more films (classics in particular).

Good idea. We can make some recommendations too for movies that we feel not everyone might have seen.

And I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend Come and See to everyone. Get hold of it, panelists. :)

Cheers for the shout guys, good choice by you all btw, shows you have taste and are worthy of such an important task.

I agree with the end of December deadline too, gives everyone a chance to swat up on such films they may not have seen, as Spoons said the classics would be my downfall.

So what's the final decision on how this is working then?

Id like to second the request for a new thread specifically for this

a>its big enough to warrant its own thread
b>keeps this thread clean for those that want to read the reviews

Done. Right everyone over to the other thread now. Lets not use this good thread as an extension of the general forum