The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Anyone know if Sky are showing the undercard for the Kov v Ward fight? Wouldn't mind seeing Rigo v Moises.

Hope Kovalev gets the win tonight, although I feel he needs to KO him to get the win. I scored the first fight a draw so if there is a clear winner this time, then he should be no1 p4p.

Rigo should win easily, he looks to have slowed down in his last few fights fighting bums, maybe it's a lack of motivation or age catching up with him. He needs to have 2-3 consecutive career defining fights now before he starts to decline massively.

Also hope Zeuge KO's Smith, he's done nothing to deserve another shot at a world title.

Anyone know if Sky are showing the undercard for the Kov v Ward fight? Wouldn't mind seeing Rigo v Moises.

Hope Kovalev gets the win tonight, although I feel he needs to KO him to get the win. I scored the first fight a draw so if there is a clear winner this time, then he should be no1 p4p.

Rigo should win easily, he looks to have slowed down in his last few fights fighting bums, maybe it's a lack of motivation or age catching up with him. He needs to have 2-3 consecutive career defining fights now before he starts to decline massively.

Also hope Zeuge KO's Smith, he's done nothing to deserve another shot at a world title.

Yes, expected ring walk for Kov/Ward is around 0430 - 0500. Sky's coverage is from 0200- 0600.

Watching the Smith fight now. He's just a very average fighter.

I'm backing Ward to win this one. UD imo, otherwise a stoppage in Kovalev's favour.

Paul Smith is getting owned. Does he know he's in a world championship fight? He's fighting like he doesn't give a shit.

A journeyman, but also a bit of a disgrace to the profession. I remember when he came in way over weight for the Ward fight.

Definitely. He offers nothing. Very predictable, the odd jab and right hand and the odd shot to the body but throws no combinations whatsoever. Probably one of the most boring fighters I've seen :boring:

Paul Smith is getting owned. Does he know he's in a world championship fight? He's fighting like he doesn't give a shit.

He doesn't belong at World level but many know this. Should really be putting all into it but he's doing feck all. So frustrating to watch.

He doesn't belong at World level but many know this. Should really be putting all into it but he's doing feck all. So frustrating to watch.
It is clear that he can take the punches off the other fellow, so just go for it! Walk through them, put him under pressure, realise it a world title on the line. He won't get this shot again.

Callum Smith is fighting Dirrell in September. I think he'll go down as the most talented of all the Smith brothers. He's a beast at the weight, though Dirrell might be one step too far too soon.

Paul Smith is such a dead fighter. The money he's made really does not correlate with his talent or entertainment value.

Terrible fight that, Zeuge did well to control it but I don't think he's anything special. I think Groves beats him.

Forgot Rigondeaux was fighting. If he wasn't as old as he is, and was more active as a pro, he'd be considered the best p4p in the world by many.

Arias looked good- pretty comfortable win and the guy has a decent punch.

Arias looked good- pretty comfortable win and the guy has a decent punch.
Yeah, typical first fight undercard though. Never seemed to really get out of second gear.

Very interested to see Rigondeaux fight next. Along with Lomachenko, perhaps my favourite unheralded fighter in the game.

Cedric Agnew. Kovalev KOd him in 2014. The only time I've ever seen him fight actually.

Bivol is meant to be the future of the LHW division according to my boy Wingy. Well, along with Beterbiev.

Yeah, typical first fight undercard though. Never seemed to really get out of second gear.

Very interested to see Rigondeaux fight next. Along with Lomachenko, perhaps my favourite unheralded fighter in the game.
The Eastern European was the favourite though wasn't he? God, I'm being harassed by an aggressive flying thing/mosquito beast.

This new fight or next one?

The Eastern European was the favourite though wasn't he? God, I'm being harassed by an aggressive flying thing/mosquito beast.

This new fight or next one?

This fight Bivol is heavy favourite. Similar to Lomachenko where he wasn't familiar in the professional game, but everyone knew him from hundreds of amateur fights. I've only heard of Bivol once before tonight though.

Rigondeux is up next I think.

This fight Bivol is heavy favourite. Similar to Lomachenko where he wasn't familiar in the professional game, but everyone knew him from hundreds of amateur fights. I've only heard of Bivol once before tonight though.

Rigondeux is up next I think.
Very impressive start- quick feet, quick fists and power. Not seen his chin tested yet.

HBO commentary is priceless. They just spent 5 minutes discussing the definition of being able to "handle yourself". Roy Jones Jr co commentating.

Who's doing the commentary for Sky? Froch?

HBO commentary is priceless. They just spent 5 minutes discussing the definition of being able to "handle yourself". Roy Jones Jr co commentating.

Who's doing the commentary for Sky? Froch?
Pauli