The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Oh, Bivol is the mandatory challenger for the winner of Kovalev/Ward.

That could be interesting.

Frampton and Quigg both ducked Rigondeaux for years (imo). That's how great the Cuban was in his prime. Supremely underrated. Can't wait for this.

Btw, I'd love to see NBC, or Sky or HBO, or whoever, throw a feckload of money at a Super Six winner takes all tournament. One for the 147 division, one for the middleweight division. It would be brilliant. Hard to negotiate in this day and age I guess.

giphy.gif

Here comes Rigondeaux.

Paulie is talking shit here. It was a delayed reaction to an illegal punch, but he clearly rocked him.

Can't the ref watch a replay? Boxing really doesn't help itself!

Oh what, bit of a shift of opinion. Very, very weird.

Oh what, bit of a shift of opinion. Very, very weird.
I think it's a fair decision, though I think Paulie is going overboard. You can't criticise a fighter who gets hit that hard just because he didn't go down the way you expect him to. He was out cold.

Anyway, I don't think there's a fighter better pound for pound in the world. He's in his late thirties and just beat an undefeated challenger! One round!

I agree with Paulie, seemed to me Flores tried to buy a disqualification win after getting hit after the bell.

Deserved decision in the end. Rigondeaux is just pure class.

A bit harsh there. The ref clearly props him up and he lays there taking the time to recover. I don't think he was claiming he was knocked out.

I lost respect for Frampton as he would always call out Quigg for ducking Rigo and then did the exact same thing after he took Quigg's belt.
Yep, he ducked him completely. Both did, but Frampton talked an immense amount of shit about it. It pisses me off because there's no shame in losing to a generational phenomenon like Rigondeaux. It's a win-win situation.

A lot of people hate on Ward but he's never ducked a fight, and he's beaten the best. The closest thing to Mayweather in the higher weight classes. Completely nullified Froch.