The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Deserved for Rungvisai. Hopefully Golovkin Jacobs fight is half as good.

113-113
114-112
114-112

I mean, I don't think anyone can argue with the scores. Great fight.

Robbed. Whatever happened to clean, effective punching. Every time the Thai was bothered he butted him. Crazy.

Definitely landed the cleaner shots but it was close enough for me.

Same. Rungvisai landed plenty of decent scoring punches. Perhaps not as clean, but the volume of them won him the fight on the night.

It could've gone either way by no more than a round, so I'm just happy we didn't see something stupid like 116-110 or 117-109.

Thought that Gonzalez won by a round myself.
The Thai lad did brilliant too to be fair. The crowd is a disgrace though - regardless of the decision, it was a brilliant fight and the Thai fighter deserved some respect, not getting booed.

Definitely landed the cleaner shots but it was close enough for me.

There is no way Rungvisai won six of the 10 rounds that were without the deductions. Yes the fight was closer than the 117-109 Rafael scored for ESPN, but this should have been a close, but comfortable win for Gonzalez. Max was very polite to not tell Lederman that he´s a blind old man, who needs to retire. It´s always amazing to me how pro sports in America employ people in their mid 50s to early 80s to judge and referee sports that depend on eyesight and reaction times. Of course these old geezers can be relied on to execute/call/score games and fights the way to create the desired result for the business.

Better knock Jacobs on his arse to make sure. Who knows what these old people judge with another hour past their bedtime. :p

Heh, we'll see. I'm rooting for GGG, but I don't want Jacobs to lose :( Ah well, see you all after the round 7 stoppage.

Max Kellerman is my guy, but he was a dickhead in the post-fight interview.

Got a feeling we'll see the best version of Golovkin tonight.

Max Kellerman is my guy, but he was a dickhead in the post-fight interview.

Got a feeling we'll see the best version of Golovkin tonight.

I think GGG is there to be hit more and more. He´s getting up there in age. Jacobs took the calculate risk to hydrate better than him by passing up the morning IBF weigh-in. Nevertheless I think his chin will be dented by GGG early. Brutal 2nd round KO.

Hmm watching the first round, I remember a fight I saw many years ago between GGG and Ian Gardner. That was a horrible fight that went the distance and GGG looked very mediocre. Jacobs is a similar rangy boxer.

Jacobs becoming more flat-footed and putting more weight on his right foot, when going southpaw. Golovkin will probably nail him down the pipe in the next two with the right hand.

Golovkin is just not very accurate and he starts to breathe heavily. I think he´s definitely past it. Alvarez will probably take the fight, if Golovkin escapes here.

I don´t get why Golovkin doesn´t let his hands go. He looks like Abraham, stalking around like a doofus, not throwing.

A few things.

1) The Tecate girls never fail to disappoint :drool: I'd go through them like dysentry in a slum.
2) What a performance, Daniel Jacobs!
3) I don't care if you're GGG, Tyson, or anyone else - You simply can't give away the first three rounds like that for nothing.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Another questionable decision. Not as bad as the first one. But Golovkin has not looked good in a while. It´s not like Brook, Jacobs and company are truly elite middleweights.