The RedCafe Boxing Thread

How about Fury being tested positive for nandrolone last year? The coke followed soon after, though this wouldn't get him banned, but nandrolone surely does?

Tbh, none of the current HWs can touch Tyson, even in his current shape ffs. Guy is on a different level.

This been posted yet?

Nope not yet. And there is Eddie Hearn trying to claim in interviews that it "isn't a fully ruptured achilles" as "you wouldn't be able to walk". Saying he thinks it is a slightly damaged achilles or a torn calf. I don't think they really noticed how badly injured Haye was on the night and genuinely think Bellew beat a fit man.

Last edited:
Nope not yet. And there is Eddie Hearn trying to claim in interviews that it "isn't a fully ruptured achilles" as "you wouldn't be able to walk". Saying he thinks it is a slightly damaged achilles or a torn calf. I don't think they really noticed how badly injured Haye was on the night and genuinely think Bellew beat a fit man.

It's amazing, isn't it? Haye was walking round the ring like a retard in all honesty so it was clear something bad had happened. Hearn should give his ringside seat to somebody that can see!

I definitely think they'll rematch eah other it seems all to perfect for it. Haye being humble and having redemption and hasving got more popular despite a loss and Bellew beating on paper his hardest ever opponent. Be a weird build up though cos they can't go with the whole "you're shite" build up from last time when it comes to press conferences.

I definitely think they'll rematch eah other it seems all to perfect for it. Haye being humble and having redemption and hasving got more popular despite a loss and Bellew beating on paper his hardest ever opponent. Be a weird build up though cos they can't go with the whole "you're shite" build up from last time when it comes to press conferences.

I don't know if Bellew will take the rematch though. What has he got to gain? Money of course but other than that he already has the Haye victory on his record and he must know deep down an injury free Haye taking him more seriously next time will beat him.

All this talk of him fighting the other big heavyweights is ridiculous though. He should either take the Haye rematch or retire.

I don't know if Bellew will take the rematch though. What has he got to gain? Money of course but other than that he already has the Haye victory on his record and he must know deep down an injury free Haye taking him more seriously next time will beat him.

All this talk of him fighting the other big heavyweights is ridiculous though. He should either take the Haye rematch or retire.

It's his most realistic biggest pay day. He's always said he is in the boxing game to support his kids. He'd probably get 3-4milion quid minimum for the fight which is hard to turn down. His problem is he is champion of a division no one cares about. It's probably the worst division in boxing. He's not beating any top heavyweights when they are fit really and he knows it so if he wants 1 last big pay day I'd say Haye is the best way to go. Who would get him more money? Maybe Fury and probably Joshua. WIlder etc won't generate nearly as much interest.

You're right though the talk of other heavyweights is ridiculous. I don't think he's retiring yet though his next fight he will make more money than he ever has before and he didn't take much damage in his last fight either.

Haye is the fight that makes the most sense
Maybe he could compete against/beat Wilder, so got to decide if that shot at heavyweight title is worth it compared to the money on offer v Haye. As if he took 2.something this time, can surely expect close to 3 next time round. And if he were to lose, which you'd expect against a fit Haye, so long as he wasn't badly hurt and blasted out of there in a round or two, there's the possibility of a trilogy fight. it's fighting Haye which makes the most financial sense

Be a weird build up though cos they can't go with the whole "you're shite" build up from last time when it comes to press conferences.

The rematch doesn't need any 'build up' we've already had it with Bellew shoving Haye, Haye punching him, Bellew calling him broke and a fraud, Haye saying he's gonna fin smash his head in. Not to mention the leg incident and how the fight turned out, they could sit there in silence and it sells. Everyone know's Haye has the ability and power to knock him out quick, and to trouble the HW division, its all about seeing if he can actually get out of the Hargreaves category!

After the robbery/controversey of Groves v Froch 1, did they need any build up? Same applies to Chisora v Whyte 2, would that fight really need another table moment to sell. Doubt it.

End of the day, Bellew was prepared to go up a weight class and get in there with what he thought was a fit Haye, a dangerous fighter, if he did that before hand for his biggest pay he'll sure as hell do it again for even more. He was talking in the ring about securing his family but £2m or whatever he got (not as much as Haye) won't secure them if he isn't careful with it. If Hearn does the maths and says he can get £5m he'll definitely do it. Hearn was talking about big numbers in terms of buys, if that's true then you'd doubt Bellew v Wilder or Parker will get as much as v Haye. And Haye's already said he's willing to let Bellew have more money and pick the city, Bellew will be tossing himself silly at the prospect of Goodison park again.

Derek Chisora in that IFL interview with Cugan at the Haye fight, at 2:07 he goes "I'm not a role model for nobodies kids, I'll 'F a mother'F up no problem, I don't waste no time" made me laugh so much, he's nuts. Then Cugan revealed what he was wearing and it was some kind of egyptian dressing gown that the likes of Memphis Depay where's out in public.

The rematch doesn't need any 'build up' we've already had it with Bellew shoving Haye, Haye punching him, Bellew calling him broke and a fraud, Haye saying he's gonna fin smash his head in. Not to mention the leg incident and how the fight turned out, they could sit there in silence and it sells. Everyone know's Haye has the ability and power to knock him out quick, and to trouble the HW division, its all about seeing if he can actually get out of the Hargreaves category!

After the robbery/controversey of Groves v Froch 1, did they need any build up? Same applies to Chisora v Whyte 2, would that fight really need another table moment to sell. Doubt it.

End of the day, Bellew was prepared to go up a weight class and get in there with what he thought was a fit Haye, a dangerous fighter, if he did that before hand for his biggest pay he'll sure as hell do it again for even more. He was talking in the ring about securing his family but £2m or whatever he got (not as much as Haye) won't secure them if he isn't careful with it. If Hearn does the maths and says he can get £5m he'll definitely do it. Hearn was talking about big numbers in terms of buys, if that's true then you'd doubt Bellew v Wilder or Parker will get as much as v Haye. And Haye's already said he's willing to let Bellew have more money and pick the city, Bellew will be tossing himself silly at the prospect of Goodison park again.

Do we ? Didn't happen on Saturday and lets face it...99% of us said Haye would knock him out within 5 rounds. Bellew was able to go toe to toe with him and take the punches. In my opinion Haye was humbled in that fight, but if a rematch goes ahead he will go back to basic and outbox him, win a decision and all round it will be a terrible fight for fans to watch.

Do we ? Didn't happen on Saturday and lets face it...99% of us said Haye would knock him out within 5 rounds. Bellew was able to go toe to toe with him and take the punches. In my opinion Haye was humbled in that fight, but if a rematch goes ahead he will go back to basic and outbox him, win a decision and all round it will be a terrible fight for fans to watch.

He boxed really stupidly to be fair though. Wild and inaccurate. If he'd had even a modicum of sense, he probably could have worn him down methodically and gotten a knockout at some stage. He was just chucking haymakers all over the place.

Ha, just realised that's exactly what you've said :D

He boxed really stupidly to be fair though. Wild and inaccurate. If he'd had even a modicum of sense, he probably could have worn him down methodically and gotten a knockout at some stage. He was just chucking haymakers all over the place.

After the Achille's snapped all Bellew had to do was cut off the ring forcing Haye to move to his right (which he wouldn't be able to) and Haye would have been a sitting duck for a KO.

Haye did box extremely stupidly early on in the fight but you could see in rounds 4 and 5 he hand calmed down a bit and was starting to box more cleverly. Realising this wasn't going to be the easy knockout he had anticipated it looked like he was going back to basics, picking his shots more wisely and starting to gradually wear Bellew down like you said he should have. Then the Achilles popped and that plan went out the window.

Last edited:

I agree it is probably the best option for Bellew money wise and probably one of the only big fights he stands a slim chance of winning at heavyweight but there are many other factors. He doesn't only have the £2m first of all. The guy has already won world titles and is well off. Also ive heard Tony talk about his wife being distraught and crying when he left her to go and fight Haye. He sent his family to Dubai. Clearly he and his family thought there was a real chance he could get seriously hurt and would his wife let him take that risk again? They aren't exactly desperate for the money now and a defeat would taint his career massively when right now he could just retire on a high being reasonably comfortable financially. Add to that he will probably have to wait nearly a year before Haye is fit again.

I have no idea what he will do. I would like to see the fight again but I think it's a 50/50 whether it will happen or not.

Do you think his corner have told him to go for an early stoppage cause they knew his achilles wasn't likely to hold up, hence the wild haymakers?

Do you think his corner have told him to go for an early stoppage cause they knew his achilles wasn't likely to hold up, hence the wild haymakers?

We could probably check because the corners were miced up. On the night I think a few people here were thinking it might be because he thought he was lacking in fitness, but he got to Round 5 no problem before the injury. I think he probably just wanted to knock him out big style.

Makes sense doesn't it.

I think the rematch will happen as it will bubble up nicely between now and when Haye is ready to return. I'm guessing it would be the same time next year as Haye will probably want a tune up fight before it.

In the meantime, the only realistic options for Bellew seem to be Wilder, Tyson Fury and Hughie Fury/Parker winner as he's already ruled out facing AJ. I'm not sure why Wilder would fight Bellew ahead of the AJ unification fight that could be available later in the year. Tyson Fury depends on if he is still suspended or not and it would probably hard to make considering you will have Hennessey, Warren and Hearn trying to come up with a deal :lol:. That leaves Hughie Fury/Parker. Hughie Fury fight would be hard to make for the same reasons as Tyson, leaving Parker as the only realistic option. Hearn could probably build that into a big fight but I'm not sure I want to see Bellew in against any of them to be honest.

We could probably check because the corners were miced up. On the night I think a few people here were thinking it might be because he thought he was lacking in fitness, but he got to Round 5 no problem before the injury. I think he probably just wanted to knock him out big style.

It's likely there was already an injury before the fight because it was leaked at the beginning of fight week.

Haye can see the ££££££££££

"Not often do you find your nemesis, the guy that in 50 years time people will look back and say 'remember the Bellew-Haye days, what crazy fights they were?'

"The way people look at Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti, at Roberto Duran-Sugar Ray Leonard, at Joe Frazier-Muhammad Ali. They had such amazing fights, and maybe Tony Bellew would like some of that."

You would call him deluded if you didn't know him.

Haye can see the ££££££££££

"Not often do you find your nemesis, the guy that in 50 years time people will look back and say 'remember the Bellew-Haye days, what crazy fights they were?'

"The way people look at Micky Ward-Arturo Gatti, at Roberto Duran-Sugar Ray Leonard, at Joe Frazier-Muhammad Ali. They had such amazing fights, and maybe Tony Bellew would like some of that."

You would call him deluded if you didn't know him.

He is a very clever man. He knows how to worm his way into the fights he wants.

Makes sense doesn't it.

I think the rematch will happen as it will bubble up nicely between now and when Haye is ready to return. I'm guessing it would be the same time next year as Haye will probably want a tune up fight before it.

In the meantime, the only realistic options for Bellew seem to be Wilder, Tyson Fury and Hughie Fury/Parker winner as he's already ruled out facing AJ. I'm not sure why Wilder would fight Bellew ahead of the AJ unification fight that could be available later in the year. Tyson Fury depends on if he is still suspended or not and it would probably hard to make considering you will have Hennessey, Warren and Hearn trying to come up with a deal :lol:. That leaves Hughie Fury/Parker. Hughie Fury fight would be hard to make for the same reasons as Tyson, leaving Parker as the only realistic option. Hearn could probably build that into a big fight but I'm not sure I want to see Bellew in against any of them to be honest.

It's pointless Bellew fighting any other top Heavyweight. He can't win any of those fights unless his opponent gets a miraculous injury like Haye did. Plus none of them will bring in the money the Haye fight would. Maybe he should have one last fight at cruiserweight while he waits for Haye to recover. If not he should retire IMO.

It's pointless Bellew fighting any other top Heavyweight. He can't win any of those fights unless his opponent gets a miraculous injury like Haye did. Plus none of them will bring in the money the Haye fight would. Maybe he should have one last fight at cruiserweight while he waits for Haye to recover. If not he should retire IMO.

Yeah, agreed.

Also, Dillian Whyte has been calling out Bellew... :wenger:

Last edited:

And he would have knocked him out in 5 rounds, but he was injured. See, if you're gonna try get smart, at least quote/bold all the sentence, not just pick odd words for your own agenda. The second half of the sentence mentions if Haye get get off the injury table.

Haybe obviously didn't admit he was injured before the fight in the sky interview for obvious reasons. However, its clear he wasn't right and its is CERTAINLY clear round 6 it got worse, even if you dispute the first part.

Bellew gets no credit at all for this IMO. None.

And he would have knocked him out in 5 rounds, but he was injured. See, if you're gonna try get smart, at least quote/bold all the sentence, not just pick odd words for your own agenda. The second half of the sentence mentions if Haye get get off the injury table.

Haybe obviously didn't admit he was injured before the fight in the sky interview for obvious reasons. However, its clear he wasn't right and its is CERTAINLY clear round 6 it got worse, even if you dispute the first part.

You seem to be trying to force your opinion down people's throats as a fact...

Fact is, no one can say how fit Haye was for those first 5 rounds. If he was 80% fit and still couldn't KO Bellew, then it's not a certainty that he would at full fitness. Conversely, if he was only 50% fit then maybe he does walk through Bellew at full fitness. But the point remains, no one can say for sure either way.

Bellew definitely gets credit for me but not the same credit he would have got if Haye didn't get the injury. Let's not forget he broke his hand as well but it's obviously not as disruptive as a leg injury.

At the end of the day, that is Haye right now. He is 36 years old he's never going to be back to full fitness 10 years ago.

Haye wasn't injured before the fight, he's just not the same fighter anymore. If he could have knocked him out in 5 rounds...he would have.

Bellew deserves credit for sticking out the first 5 rounds when everyone thought he would be on out cold. He doesn't deserve credit for just barely beating a man with a ruptured Achilles after 5 rounds.

At the end of the day, that is Haye right now. He is 36 years old he's never going to be back to full fitness 10 years ago.

Haye wasn't injured before the fight, he's just not the same fighter anymore. If he could have knocked him out in 5 rounds...he would have.

Bellew deserves credit for sticking out the first 5 rounds when everyone thought he would be on out cold. He doesn't deserve credit for just barely beating a man with a ruptured Achilles after 5 rounds.
The general concensus seems to be he was injured prior to the fight. Despite having a terrible opening 5 rounds he was still comfortably on top of the fight and was looking far fresher than Bellew. Think if we see a rematch and Haye at full fitness we will see an early knockout.

There was a rumour at the beginning of fight week that Haye had injured his achilles and he posted a photo of flying to Germany to see a sports doctor. Way too coincidental for it not to be true - he probably had it leaked so people could work it out afterwards without him having to say it.

I am surprised by all the talk of Haye getting back in the ring. The Achilles is a nightmare to recover from, and with his explosiveness and need to burst through the ball of the foot to the heel (pun not intended) I would expect him to break down again, and again, over ever having it fight-ready unless he can modify his style, possibly even switching to southpaw. At his age, and with the way he has always thrown his punches, there's little hope of that.

Would be a feat in itself for him to ever get back in the ring as a 'top level' boxer. I think he's done.

Last edited: