The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Thurman - Garcia was a decent competitive fight. I had it 115-113 for Thurman but he boxed just a little too much in those last fee rounds.

I'm just happy Garcia lost.

Thank God. Only about 3 years too late

Stolen from Twitter and I don't care:

That was the greatest Scouser vs one leg battle since Paul McCartney and Heather Mills had their acrimonious divorce.

:lol:

For those that haven't seen the full Thurman-Garcia fight and want a highlights vid....

hahaha probably highlight of the fight!

Fair fecks to Haye for fighting through the pain but was a terrible fight. They'd struggle to sell that again. The whole thing was built on a fake hatred and the fight was poor. Can't see a rematch being much better injury or not.

If anyone has the official scorecards from Haye Bellew, please can you tag me? Want to see what was going on before the 6th. Thanks

Wanted Haye to lose beforehand but felt a bit sorry for him when it was happening as it was sad to see - he literally looked like a retard after the 5th. Obviously down to the injury but then it's his fault for going in with that. Needs to call it a day.

Bellew deserves more props than he's getting. He took Haye's best shots and done exactly what he said he would do by taking him out in deep waters. You can only beat what's put in front of you.

This whole thing is a shambles and in my opinion Bellew utterly embarrassed himself last night. How could he not finish a man who could barely stand?! Haye was forced to back himself into a corner and even lean on the ropes for support. Bellew went in on him initially and was basically useless, then he pretty much stopped trying for a few rounds. Haye honestly won a couple of rounds when he was injured, it's laughable.

And the aftermath.. Fair enough if people aren't mentioning the injury but let's not act as if Bellew proved the world wrong when in reality he was mindblowingly bad. The only way this doesn't look bad for him is if he was just being sympathetic towards Haye.

Fair play to Haye anyway, looked a really bad one and he fought on. Looked very slow tbh but he was still making light work of Bellew without using much energy and I think a TKO was starting to look inevitable. He'll be absolutely devastated that he won't be getting his massive pay day vs Joshua and tbh I would have loved to see that fight as well so it's a real shame. Even if Haye didn't get injured and won that fight he looked nowhere near capable of getting in the ring with Joshua anyway.

Tony bellew couldn't knock out Haye tonight and I think any professional natural heavyweight would have. I personally think Hayes performance of staying in the fight whilst being so debilitatingly injured was the most impressive thing about the fight. It's so annoying how no one will remember that and the average person will completely overlook it.

Pre fight interviews and trash talk aside, you can tell how much Haye despises Bellew. It was so obvious in the body language in the post fight interviews. Haye kept his dignity though by not blaming the injury.
Tonight was a terrible night for Haye in so many ways. His injury record of late is very concerning and I think he should just call it a day before he is humiliated again.

Yep it's actually incredible how half the people I have spoken to didn't even know Haye was injured. They just thought he was tired and his legs had gone from Bellew's punches :lol:

This whole thing is a shambles and in my opinion Bellew utterly embarrassed himself last night. How could he not finish a man who could barely stand?! Haye was forced to back himself into a corner and even lean on the ropes for support. Bellew went in on him initially and was basically useless, then he pretty much stopped trying for a few rounds. Haye honestly won a couple of rounds when he was injured, it's laughable.

And the aftermath.. Fair enough if people aren't mentioning the injury but let's not act as if Bellew proved the world wrong when in reality he was mindblowingly bad. The only way this doesn't look bad for him is if he was just being sympathetic towards Haye.

Fair play to Haye anyway, looked a really bad one and he fought on. Looked very slow tbh but he was still making light work of Bellew without using much energy and I think a TKO was starting to look inevitable. He'll be absolutely devastated that he won't be getting his massive pay day vs Joshua and tbh I would have loved to see that fight as well so it's a real shame. Even if Haye didn't get injured and won that fight he looked nowhere near capable of getting in the ring with Joshua anyway.

Agreed. Even the BBC are backing the "stoppage" agenda. The knockdown wasn't even legit either.

If anyone has the official scorecards from Haye Bellew, please can you tag me? Want to see what was going on before the 6th. Thanks
Yeh, i was hoping to see those
Steve Bunce said he had Haye 4-1 up, obviously Sky had it close as that is their want. I didn't see a way forward for Bellew before the injury

Yeh, i was hoping to see those
Steve Bunce said he had Haye 4-1 up, obviously Sky had it close as that is their want. I didn't see a way forward for Bellew before the injury

There was no way Bellew was winning that without the injury to Haye. All the talk was about Haye gassing after 4 or 5 rounds but it was actually Bellew who was out of energy and that showed when he could barely put away Haye for another 5 rounds after the injury. Haye would have worn Tony down for sure if the injury didn't occur.

There was no way Bellew was winning that without the injury to Haye. All the talk was about Haye gassing after 4 or 5 rounds but it was actually Bellew who was out of energy and that showed when he could barely put away Haye for another 5 rounds after the injury. Haye would have worn Tony down for sure if the injury didn't occur.
Yup, Haye had much more left in the tank. Astonishing really as Bellew barely even threw a punch in the first 5 rounds. As poor as Haye was he had still done enough to be comfortably ahead.

At the time of the stoppage, Bellew was only 3 rounds up over Haye in a fight that included 5 where his opponent had next to no movement and 1 leg :lol:

Still have no sign of the full cards conveniently... :smirk:

At the time of the stoppage, Bellew was only 3 rounds up over Haye in a fight that included 5 where his opponent had next to no movement and 1 leg :lol:

Still have no sign of the full cards conveniently... :smirk:

I think Bellew knew of Haye's injury and the fight we saw last night was fairly farcical. How the heck Bellew was out of gas by the time Haye was on one leg makes no sense, even the knockdown at the end was more down to Haye being unable to support his own body weight. It was like there was prearranged agreement on what would happen if Haye's leg went but Bellew was so bad he couldn't even just collect the rounds using his jab.

A fight that should have never happened (heavyweight vs cruiserweight) between two men that should never generated this much attention (an injury prone inactive old boxer - albeit he used to be good - and a relatively average cruiserweight who won a vacant belt).

Fair play to Eddie Hearn - he can polish a turd but it wasn't a great fight and should have been stopped as soon as Haye got injured. Bellew taking that long to finish off a one legged guy just sums up the skill level on show. If AJ/Klitschko is another dud that'll be me and Sky PPV parting ways I think.

Haye surely will now retire - is a boxing equibalent of Daniel Sturridge. Bellew - might as well try for a ridiculously lucrative fight against AJ, get KO'd badly and retire a multi-millionaire. As he said after this fight he only did it for the money.

I think Bellew knew of Haye's injury and the fight we saw last night was fairly farcical. How the heck Bellew was out of gas by the time Haye was on one leg makes no sense, even the knockdown at the end was more down to Haye being unable to support his own body weight. It was like there was prearranged agreement on what would happen if Haye's leg went but Bellew was so bad he couldn't even just collect the rounds using his jab.

Bellew jumped two weights to fight at heavyweight. He was pretty much a stone heavier than he's ever been and he certainly wasn't lean with it.

Happens after nearly any big fight.

Yh but usually not one as heated as this had been prior. Looking back at the old David Haye (like when he lost against Klitschko and threw his toys out of the pram) it just seemed weird. I know a big element of them selling the fight was probably based on an exaggerated hatred of each other but still...

Bellew jumped two weights to fight at heavyweight. He was pretty much a stone heavier than he's ever been and he certainly wasn't lean with it.

1 weight mate. He's a cruiser.

He was gassed after 5 rounds whilst not fighting on the front foot.

I did think that after the immediate best mates act + selling the rematch post fight. Plus Haye didn't care about losing - usually is a sore loser/dick. BIG payday!

He was in Germany to see his doctor a couple of days before the fight, he was getting his ankle looked at. This was in the media and he had to shoot down the rumours he had a problem, it's now clear he did. Bellew's camp and the organisers would have known about this beforehand too. The towel went in before he even hit he canvas, I'm not having it that he couldn't have got up and gone one more round. Maybe not a total fix but something about the fight just ain't sitting right with me.

Two weights? He was cruiserweight chanmpion.

I did think that after the immediate best mates act + selling the rematch post fight. Plus Haye didn't care about losing - usually is a sore loser/dick. BIG payday!

It wasn't a fix but it certainly was pre planned for them to go at each other in the build up to hype up the fight. Bellew even said they spoke to each other about it months ago. And Haye certainly did care about losing, he was gutted but new if he dared to mention his injury everyone would have seen him as a sore loser since he has been slated for blaming losses on injuries before.

He was in Germany to see his doctor a couple of days before the fight, he was getting his ankle looked at. This was in the media and he had to shoot down the rumours he had a problem, it's now clear he did. Bellew's camp and the organisers would have known about this beforehand too. The towel went in before he even hit he canvas, I'm not having it that he couldn't have got up and gone one more round. Maybe not a total fix but something about the fight just ain't sitting right with me.

It's not a total fix as you say but it was probably mutually agreed behind the scenes to hype up this fight and act like they hated each other. Haye probably new he had a dodgy Achilles before the fight but would have been made a laughing stock if he pulled out of another fight with an injury. So he probably though just take the risk and get the pay day. Rupturing your Achilles tendon certainly can't have been pre planned.

Do you think Wayne is always unbelievably awkward or if he just becomes awkward when the camera comes on? I can't imagine a non-awkward Wayne.