The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Did like the way Bellew shrugged off Hearn leaping on him tbf.

Definitely. Might be a sprained ankle, damaged achilles, twisted knee, something like that.

I had to turn it off when bellew was down with Joshua. Everybody speaking about the victory pretending that he didn't beat a man on one leg!

Bellew has weirdly small nipples.

I had to turn it off when bellew was down with Joshua. Everybody speaking about the victory pretending that he didn't beat a man on one leg!

Yep at least give Haye the recognition of fighting on with an injury. They all hate Haye so are just reveling in his downfall.

Bellew has just gained so much false confidence. Haye would've KO'd him if his leg/foot didn't go. And I respect Haye even more than I did previously because of his determination to carry on in so much pain and struggle. What is more admirable is probably the fact that Haye didn't mention the obvious turning point in the fight which was his injury. He knows he can't use an injury as an excuse like he has done before against Klitschko so he refrained himself from mentioning it.
It's quite sad really and Bellew is lucky imo. He isn't a bad fighter but he is really annoying.

Have you ever broke your toe?
I only stubbed mine the other week, and still not sure if it is broken/just heavily brusied, the first couple of days were next to impossible to walk on, so can defintiely vouch for that fact that it would severely hamper a boxer. I'm sure painkilling injections can help for a bit, but those wear-off don't they? Not ideal to go blurting it out as an excuse first chance, but then you see tonight, he can't win when he doesn't mention it

Yep at least give Haye the recognition of fighting on with an injury. They all hate Haye so are just reveling in his downfall.

I'd say that was the case in fairness, Bellew will fight him again as he knows the money is better with him. Wilder will never fight Bellew because he likes to fight total bums in American where he is safe.

How much will that fight earn them both? Have any numbers been thrown out there?
Apparently both guaranteed £2.5m. Reckon Bellew made about that much and Haye closer to £4m. Weak undercard so not much to pay there, outside of Paulie.

To be fair that was the best moment of the interview, when Tony thanked Haye for securing his children's future and Haye applauded as he was genuinely happy in my opinion.

We're all human, and at that point I think Haye was honestly happy for Bellew.

The whole Bellew crew were classless really. Even Chisora coming in to celebrate, obviously forgetting how he was leveled by Haye only a few years ago.

Eddie Hearn is such a smug cnut, I'm not sure there are many more dislikeable men than him in boxing. One of them being Danny Garcia's dad who incidentally is fighting later tonight. I hope Thurman flattens Garcia tonight as well, just to see this racist prick eat some humble pie.

The whole Bellew crew were classless really. Even Chisora coming in to celebrate, obviously forgetting how he was leveled by Haye only a few years ago.

Eddie Hearn is such a smug cnut, I'm not sure there are many more dislikeable men than him in boxing.

That's heavyweight boxing, fighters beat each other all the time.

Haye has been a money grabbing whore in fairness and I suspect he's hard to negotiate with, hence why they bloody hate him.

Bellew has just gained so much false confidence. Haye would've KO'd him if his leg/foot didn't go. And I respect Haye even more than I did previously because of his determination to carry on in so much pain and struggle. What is more admirable is probably the fact that Haye didn't mention the obvious turning point in the fight which was his injury. He knows he can't use an injury as an excuse like he has done before against Klitschko so he refrained himself from mentioning it.
It's quite sad really and Bellew is lucky imo. He isn't a bad fighter but he is really annoying.

The ridiculous thing is the interviewer not even mentioning the injury and everyone celebrating with Bellew like he won fight without Haye being injured.

Bellew hasn't got to fight Haye, he knows he's best not getting back in with him, but the lure of the pound will draw him back in as he knows Wilder or Parker will earn him a quarter of the Haye rematch.

One thing I'm pretty certain of, Haye will take the rematch, he's cash hungry as his lifestyle is insane. Personally I've supported him through his career, been to a few fights as well, but he's cash hungry, he could cash out and not care a single thing.

That's just the guy Haye is.

Based on errr, WHAT? You're just listening to Bellew or Fury who all recycle the same thing. The only thing to suggest Haye needs cash is that he had a divorce, the rest comes from them. First Fury, now Bellew, then the fans copy. He's earned way more than Bellew.

That's heavyweight boxing, fighters beat each other all the time.

Haye has been a money grabbing whore in fairness and I suspect he's hard to negotiate with, hence why they bloody hate him.

I suppose so. It was like watching Liverpool vs Man City for the title. If only there was an outcome in which they both lost. :D

Based on errr, WHAT? You're just listening to Bellew or Fury who all recycle the same thing. The only thing to suggest Haye needs cash is that he had a divorce, the rest comes from them. First Fury, now Bellew, then the fans copy. He's earned way more than Bellew.

Haye isn't even 40 years old mate, he's not going to earn much whilst out of the ring, of course he's got to earn huge amounts of money to secure his lifestyle.

You can't live a millionaires lifestyle forever without the funds to continue, there comes a point where everyone runs out of money.

Haye isn't even 40 years old mate, he's not going to earn much whilst out of the ring, of course he's got to earn huge amounts of money to secure his lifestyle.

You can't live a millionaires lifestyle forever without the funds to continue, there comes a point where everyone runs out of money.

We're not talking about then, what if, we're talking about NOW and you are basing it off what, Fury and Bellew? Haye is richer than you and me at the VERY least, even Bellew. Now, he is even richer fighting on one ankle lol

How much do we actually know about Haye's lifestyle though, really? His gym is under one of the railway arches down the road from my company's office. Vauxhall is not the most salubrious part of London.

The ridiculous thing is the interviewer not even mentioning the injury and everyone celebrating with Bellew like he won fight without Haye being injured.

They want to sell the feck out of it as an upset on box office that's why. Replays will be on all week. Annoying how it ended, Haye is not the fighter he was but he'd have still won that fight injury free.

How much do we actually know about Haye's lifestyle though, really? His gym is under one of the railway arches down the road from my company's office. Vauxhall is not the most salubrious part of London.
he's been training on yachts for this fight. :lol:

Hearn is smug but can you blame him really? He's having a good time and doing a good job.

Yeah, he's done a good job for boxing and brought it back (Post Fury belts free up) but we all want to see him get a slap, be it for real or financially. He shit it high pitched level when Chisora questioned him after the table throw. He is a worm. Living off his dads success despite what he says about making his own way.

Bellew couldn't KO a one legged Haye tonight. Pisses me off, been looking forward to this for months, Haye needs to have a rethink, he's been injured since Fury now. So glad, as I preached, that since Amir Khan teaching me a lesson v Presscott in Manchester that I'd never pay £14.99+ again, I'm laughing again tonight.

Tony bellew couldn't knock out Haye tonight and I think any professional natural heavyweight would have. I personally think Hayes performance of staying in the fight whilst being so debilitatingly injured was the most impressive thing about the fight. It's so annoying how no one will remember that and the average person will completely overlook it.

Pre fight interviews and trash talk aside, you can tell how much Haye despises Bellew. It was so obvious in the body language in the post fight interviews. Haye kept his dignity though by not blaming the injury.
Tonight was a terrible night for Haye in so many ways. His injury record of late is very concerning and I think he should just call it a day before he is humiliated again.

This shows the moment the injury happened. That's his Achilles...

Absolutely incredible that Haye continued on after this, and then fought with one leg for half the fight. It was embarassing it took Bellow so many rounds to beat someone who was dragging along one leg like a zombie for 5 rounds.

Don't know. Was watching the towel throw for a few times now, looks fishy as feck. Haye wasn't even surprised, like it was pre-planned. Surely he could've lasted for one more round after surviving for the last five. Bellew punches like a girl, It's not like he's Klitschko or anything that a towel throw was necessary to avoid serious damage.

Agree with a lot in this thread, was impressed by Haye lasting as long as he did given the circumstances more than Bellew.

Birmingham is an idiot, telling Thurman it was won after the 9th, setting himself up to get fecked with his stupid running tactics in 11-12. That was way too close to give rounds away. I mean he should win, but this is Danny Garcia we talking about.

116-112 Thurman
115-113 Garcia
115-113 Thurman

They got it right.

Well fek, completely forgotten about this fight. Ffs. Judging by the comments here I didn't miss much anyway.

It genuinely didn't look like Haye had trained properly for this fight. Even without the injury, he was swinging wildly as if he was drunk, plodding around, and was gasping for air after a couple of rounds. If he wants a rematch to be less embarrassing he needs to get off his yacht and get down the gym!

It genuinely didn't look like Haye had trained properly for this fight. Even without the injury, he was swinging wildly as if he was drunk, plodding around, and was gasping for air after a couple of rounds. If he wants a rematch to be less embarrassing he needs to get off his yacht and get down the gym!

This, he should be blowing Bellew away in fairness but he looked heavy and slow. Maybe he was ring rusty, I'm still certain Haye in his prime would have schooled Bellew.

Last edited:
Thurman - Garcia was a decent competitive fight. I had it 115-113 for Thurman but he boxed just a little too much in those last few rounds.

I'm just happy Garcia lost.

Last edited: