The RedCafe Boxing Thread

Haye hasn't mentioned the injury because he knows everyone will just lay it on him about his excuses, he's played it fair in the hope of a rematch.

Is it bad that he isn't just crying about his injury? Surely that deserves some credit.

It is rather dodgy though :lol: - I don't know which is the charade - this or the pre match stuff haha.

Probably didn't mention the injury after the Klitchko toe incident. He'll sit down with reporters in the coming days and probably address it there.

The strange thing isn't Haye not mentioning the injury but the interviewer ignoring it.

Why wouldn't he. Ankle/Achilles aside Haye doesnt look hurt, not a mark. He had the energy for 12rds which was Bellew's best shot pre-fight. A rematch, at o2 or a stadium on PPV is the easiest money for Haye
Wonder how much that made on PPV? Kind of glad it wasn't just my stream that froze at the crucial moment when he knackered his ankle:lol:

Not even a mention of the injury from the interviewer? Fair play to Haye for not even bringing it up.

What did Hearn do by the way? I missed it. People saying disgrace etc.
Just his general existence, really.

I think he was whinging mid fight about Haye putting the tape around his foot and how that wasn't right or something

Is it bad that he isn't just crying about his injury? Surely that deserves some credit.

It is rather dodgy though :lol: - I don't know which is the charade - this or the pre match stuff haha.

They probably were sat in a room together before the pre match events and discussing what nonsense they would both spout to each other in public.

Haye hasn't mentioned the injury because he knows everyone will just lay it on him about his excuses, he's played it fair in the hope of a rematch.
Yeah, but he could barely stand and was leaning on the ropes at some points. He seemed to get through it a bit, but as others have said, he couldn't plant his leg to get power. Not like it's a lame excuse- he was visibly immobilised.

Wouldn't even want to see the rematch of that. They both looked shot. Hayes lost his speed and Bellew is average anyway. No way Haye is coming back after another injury. He needs to retire.

I think Haye could have carried on. He weren't rocked.

Yeah this. Seems dodgy to me.

Whole thing set up for a rematch from day one? Double dip? Towel went in before Haye had even hit the deck.

Wouldn't even want to see the rematch of that. They both looked shot. Hayes lost his speed and Bellew is average anyway. No way Haye is coming back after another injury. He needs to retire.
As mentioned above though, Injury-free Haye takes this quite easily. Bellew was blowing out of his arse quite early in

Again, if Haye is in as much financial trouble as some sources have said, he really needs this rematch. Makes sense he would act so conciliatory from that perspective, too.

I think Haye is done. Don't care that he got injured, cause he looked absolutely done before then. Hit Bellew with his best and didn't even wobble him, looked absolute gash. Needs to retire imo. No way he comes back and beats the best heavyweights.

Yeah, but he could barely stand and was leaning on the ropes at some points. He seemed to get through it a bit, but as others have said, he couldn't plant his leg to get power. Not like it's a lame excuse- he was visibly immobilised.

There is a big thing with Haye making excuses, but just watching back the landing on his leg, he clearly fvcked his leg up.

Like from the point he was injured there were numerous points Haye's corner could have stopped but to choose then just is super questionable to me.

I think Haye is done. Don't care that he got injured, cause he looked absolutely done before then. Hit Bellew with his best and didn't even wobble him, looked absolute gash. Needs to retire imo. No way he comes back and beats the best heavyweights.
Agree. He's done as a top level fighter, especially so in the HW division.

He's got to fish around for any scraps he can get now. Needs Bellew more than Bellew needs him now.

That was the best Scouser versus person with one leg fight since Paul McCartney and Heather Mills went to court.

Bellew hasn't got to fight Haye, he knows he's best not getting back in with him, but the lure of the pound will draw him back in as he knows Wilder or Parker will earn him a quarter of the Haye rematch.

One thing I'm pretty certain of, Haye will take the rematch, he's cash hungry as his lifestyle is insane. Personally I've supported him through his career, been to a few fights as well, but he's cash hungry, he could cash out and not care a single thing.

That's just the guy Haye is.

How much will that fight earn them both? Have any numbers been thrown out there?