The MMA thread

Two future hall of famers like Volk and Max stood no chance against Topurias speed and power. Hard to see Diego survive for long either. But you never know.

I'm not a big fan of fighters moving up so quickly. I'd like to see Touporia do about 4-5 title defenses before such a move is considered. A Volk rematch seems on the cards it seems, as is a Diego Lopes fight, who i think is a future division champ. If Touporia wins those, then there would be a decent shout to move up. Even if he does, I doubt he even comes close to beating Islam.

Last edited:
I think Tapouria will still need to go through a Volk rematch and showdown against Diego Lopes. Khamzat is ready for a title shot now imo.

Volk deserves a rematch because of his legacy. I just think Volk could do with another fight to get his confidence back. Maybe at the Australia event in Feb. The KOs to Islam and Ilia were punishing.

Maybe Lopes, but can also see Dana wanting to protect him a little in order to build him up over a little longer length of time.

Can see Chimaev dominating the middleweight division like Islam has at lightweight. That is a shame as middleweight is currently quite competitive.

I'm not a big fan of fighters moving up so quickly. I'd like to see Touporia do about 4-5 title defenses before such a move is considered. A Volk rematch seems on the cards it seems, as is a Diego Lopes fight, who i think is a future division champ. If Touporia wins those, then there would be a decent shout to move up. Even if he does, I doubt he even comes close to beating Islam.
From what I remember of last night he didn’t indicate anything about moving up, the calls for him to move up seem to be mostly from the outside?
Depends how he transitions to LW, but I actually think he’s one of the few that has a chance against Islam. The only danger to Islam is someone with outrageous knock out power, no one beats him at grappling and he’s too multiskilled for someone to take him on a decision.