The MMA thread

I mean what can you say? I was hoping to see Bobby Knuckles weather the storm and pour it on in the later rounds but he just didn't have a chance to do anything, Chimaev is just suffocating/

I mean what can you say? I was hoping to see Bobby Knuckles weather the storm and pour it on in the later rounds but he just didn't have a chance to do anything, Chimaev is just suffocating/
Pretty much this. Khamzat is just relentless.

He never got back up pretty much. Could be a dislocated jaw for Whitaker. Very impressive performance from Khamzat, utter domination of an in form and motivated Whitaker. Now for the fight of the year.

I guess all fights as expected? Shame to see the old legends take such a whooping but feel like Ilia/Islam needs to be made now.

A healthy Khamzat doesn't get beat. That's unstoppable.

I think he does but it will only be by somebody who can stop the takedown. He's suspect on his feet. I would personally put him in there with Strickland but I imagine they want to do the rematch between him and DDP. Izzy seems to make the most sense as his next fight outside of Strickland.

It's crazy that lightweight has so many killers but if Islam can get past Arman it already looks like he's going to have to look outside his own division to get a new challenger. I don't think he'd fight Belal but if Shavkat can take the belt then maybe he would move up? and then of course Ilia will have to deal with some business in his own division first with Lopes and maybe Movsar but after that you could easily see those two squaring off. It's going to be an interesting next few years.

I can see Max moving up now though, I don't think he gets a rematch and he's just going to be a gatekeeper to the title at best at featherweight so why not move up and take on a fresh challenge, plus it can't have been easy dropping back down to 145 after putting on some size for the BMF fight so it might help his longevity.

We saw two special fighters tonight Topuria and Chimaev.

What is next for these guys? I don't think Issy or Strickland will want anything to do with Chimaev.

I would love to see what Topuria could do at lightweight. I think only a top tier grappler could beat him and there are non in the featherweight division.

We saw two special fighters tonight Topuria and Chimaev.

What is next for these guys? I don't think Issy or Strickland will want anything to do with Chimaev.

I would love to see what Topuria could do at lightweight. I think only a top tier grappler could beat him and there are non in the featherweight division.

I think Tapouria will still need to go through a Volk rematch and showdown against Diego Lopes. Khamzat is ready for a title shot now imo.

Just coming in to say: DOUBLE BACKFIST! :lol::nervous:

That's the first time I've seen that in professional MMA!

Something you practice in the gym when messing around. Backfist to backelbow on the other side being the easier set up.

That was beautiful and completely intentional - and so hard to do!

Khamzat is a terrible fight for this version of Izzy with his faded reflexes, agility, explosive qualities and lack of self belief; I should think his camp will keep him a mile away from Khamzat. Strickland's not going to be able to keep him off him; he's far too straight and upright.

You can see why camps are not picking up the phone to entertain calls because there's a lot to lose and nothing to gain and I think Dana will have to force a fight rather than people stepping up to tackle such a difficult and troublesome opponent.

I don't really favour shooting in naked, but when you're that fast and explosive with it, it's a whole move in itself that you have to ask how many in the division can even contest with.

Topuria is a class individual and has effectively already cleaned out his division. He's very rounded and doesn't have observable weaknesses and on top of that, has dynamite for hands at that weight. The calls for him to go up will gain momentum after Volk, and rightly so. As an aside, were those women on his side Spanish or Georgian?