The MMA thread

everytime I see Rockhold I just think of this madness

:lol:

My friend Sandro asked exactly the same to a couple of Argentinians girls we were casually chatting to and that we have just met.

I was like WTF!!??, laughing nervously, thinking he was gonna ruin it, but of course, like always with him, the big titted Argentinian answered "swallow" and they were fecking pretty much that same night, the lucky bastard.

:lol:

My friend Sandro asked exactly the same to a couple of Argentinians girls we were casually chatting to and that we have just met.

I was like WTF!!??, laughing nervously, thinking he was gonna ruin it, but of course, like always with him, the big titted Argentinian answered "swallow" and they were fecking pretty much that same night, the lucky bastard.

South American is wild.

I had a 6 months gap right after covid when I left my MoD job and had a non-compete for my next job, I went to a three month BJJ Camp in Brazil, and spent 2 months in Rio, and we got invited to a party in a favela called Pavão-Pavãozinho.

You know how you have people doing trigger fingers as a dance move at clubs? Well, these crazies were doing trigger fingers but with real guns, just waving them about the air dancing to Baile Funk. At one point MC Joao's Baile De Favela came out and people starting fecking firing into the air. Then we did carnival as we just happened to be there during that time.

I'm not joking when I say I got sexually assaulted. Random girls would come up to me shouting "Eh Gringo Caralho!" and then try to start making out with me, despite my wife literally being with me the entire time.

Brazil was fecking mental.

Also everyone is a black belt in BJJ. Some random scrawny dude rocks up at Alliance BJJ on the NoGi open mat, where I was doing my training and he's literally at most 21 years old, 5ft 9, looks genuinely malnourished and spends the next 5 minutes ragdolling me, who is quite a few inches taller and about 25kg heavier.

Saw a bar fight in LeBlon and some drunk dude unironically pulled Guard.

Artem Vakhitov, what a beast. Looked good tonight. Also a Glory champion, this guy fought Pereira in kickboxing and lost a split decision and then won a majority decision.

South American is wild.

I had a 6 months gap right after covid when I left my MoD job and had a non-compete for my next job, I went to a three month BJJ Camp in Brazil, and spent 2 months in Rio, and we got invited to a party in a favela called Pavão-Pavãozinho.

You know how you have people doing trigger fingers as a dance move at clubs? Well, these crazies were doing trigger fingers but with real guns, just waving them about the air dancing to Baile Funk. At one point MC Joao's Baile De Favela came out and people starting fecking firing into the air. Then we did carnival as we just happened to be there during that time.

I'm not joking when I say I got sexually assaulted. Random girls would come up to me shouting "Eh Gringo Caralho!" and then try to start making out with me, despite my wife literally being with me the entire time.

Brazil was fecking mental.

Also everyone is a black belt in BJJ. Some random scrawny dude rocks up at Alliance BJJ on the NoGi open mat, where I was doing my training and he's literally at most 21 years old, 5ft 9, looks genuinely malnourished and spends the next 5 minutes ragdolling me, who is quite a few inches taller and about 25kg heavier.

Saw a bar fight in LeBlon and some drunk dude unironically pulled Guard.

Only in Brazil :lol:

Yeah, Brazil is awesome. It seems you had a good time.

Bones would crush him, it would be a gimmick fight.

Izzy managed to take him down twice, and two years of grappling training with top level black belts and wrestlers isn't enough to overcome a 20+ year grappling disparity.

Possibly, probably.

It would be a true superfight though which is why it's intriguing. You could probably market it as a fight for GOAT status which is unprecedented in combat sport to date... if Pereira were to be the first man ever to definitively beat Jon Jones and become the first 3 weight UFC champ that would put him in the conversation for sure.

We haven't seen Jones strike all the well for some time either, he said he 'felt awkward' on the feet with Gane himself and we didn't get to see any exchanges there, and the fight before that several years ago now he got outstruck by Dom Reyes so you never know...

12 fighters have been cut.

• Kleydson Rodrigues
  • Ovince Saint Preux
  • Karl Williams
  • Victor Altamirano
  • Da Woon Jung
  • Kay Kruschewsky
  • Brianna Fortino
  • Victoria Leonardo
  • Danyelle Wolf
  • Jarno Errens
  • Ricky Glenn
  • Brian Kelleher

2 really fun fights to open the card, Haddon couldn't miss when on the feet, crazy pace all the way through.

Good fight, Royval just a bit more well rounded/experienced right now, once Taira tightens up and expands his striking and improves his endurance a bit he's going to be a nightmare for anyone in the division.

Still in disbelief this actually happened. All he had to do is throw it out of bounds to get the kicker on the field.

PFL (battle of the giants) prelims started already.

Main card starts in 2 hours app, same time the UFC prelims starts.

Plenty MMA to enjoy today, in preparation to next weekend's banger card.

PFL (battle of the giants) prelims started already.

Main card starts in 2 hours app, same time the UFC prelims starts.

Plenty MMA to enjoy today, in preparation to next weekend's banger card.

Eblen vs Edwards 2 is dull enough so far, but the two headline fights should be starting soon and will likely bring some violence.

UFC needs to make a fight with him and Aspinall asap. Can't have those 2 never fighting in their prime.

How many fights did Ngannou sign with PFL ?

Amazing win for Paul Hughes against AJ McKee last night.

It's a shame the UFC tried to offer him shitty terms. He's a top fighter and seemingly a great guy.

Great to see Francis back on top, he's one special fecking human being.

Outside of that, incredible win for Paul Hughes as mentioned - I expected him to get a couple of soft touches and go into the PFL tournament but suddenly he's on the verge of fighting the Bellator champ in a massive fight (also what the feck is going on over there with this continued split promotion / belts bullshit, drop the Bellator brand already!)

Also super impressed with the job Anthony Hernandez did on Michel Pereira - thought that was a great fight on paper but after weathering a couple of moments in the opening round, Fluffy absolutely mauled him.

Gad2DggWgAAxgqP

Thoughts on the main event? I really can't call it with any confidence - Topuria has incredibly good hands and dynamite power but we've never seen Max hurt and he looks brilliant against Gaethje.

I'm gonna edge towards Max UD, just because I feel like Ilia might get impatient after the first couple of rounds and start to get wild, and Max has looked very calculated in his last few fights (and because it's Max and I love to see him so well).

I really think Whittaker will beat Khamzat as well, again like Max we've never really seen him just dominated in the grappling exchanges before and I suspect he'll only need to weather 5-10 minutes before Khamzat gasses. Possible stoppage for me in the championship rounds.

(That's if Khamzat makes it to the octagon, a few days of cutting weight left yet...)

Last edited:
Nice card.

Hoping Max gets it done. One of the sports most likeable guys. Tough fight though.

Fancy Khamzat to beat Whittaker to get the hype train back on track. He's seemingly got over his health issues although inactivity could be a worry. Think he gets the submission in the second round though.

If he goes to war (Gilbert Burns), then he could be in trouble.

UFC needs to make a fight with him and Aspinall asap. Can't have those 2 never fighting in their prime.

How many fights did Ngannou sign with PFL ?
Ngannou is 38 and well past his prime, which was probably 3-6 years ago. Would still be a good fight though.

Yeah, roughly. Main card is due to start at 7 and main event is usually 2-3 hours from that, depending on the other fights.
Cheers. Nice to have some main events in EU primetime, even though it means that the UFC needs to sell out to the Middle East.

Nice card.

Hoping Max gets it done. One of the sports most likeable guys. Tough fight though.

Fancy Khamzat to beat Whittaker to get the hype train back on track. He's seemingly got over his health issues although inactivity could be a worry. Think he gets the submission in the second round though.

If he goes to war (Gilbert Burns), then he could be in trouble.
Yeah I'd love to see Max win too. Him and Whitaker are two OGs of the game and just likable blokes and gamers too.

Ngannou is 38 and well past his prime, which was probably 3-6 years ago. Would still be a good fight though.
Yeah I agree but once Jones vs Stipe is over and they both retire, that division is dead and needs some hype asap. Don't see anyone putting up much of a fight against Aspinall tbh. Only hope is Perreira moving up a division.

Hadn't really considered Max cutting to '45 again after the move up to '55, considering he looked much better against Gaethje physically than he did last time (against Poirier) it did seem like he'd put on some actual lean mass... hope that doesn't affect his chin.

This card is great, some genuinely top fights in there.

I hope Max and bobby can get the win but my head says Illia, Khamzat and Ankalaev

Maybe not a robbery but Leal will feel hard done by on that one, especially the one judge going 30-27, and the fact they put on a show for an empty crowd.