The MMA thread

Who do you think will win the main event?

Right now I'm probably leaning 60:40 in favour of Gane.

Jones is a brilliant fighter and you can make a good shout to call him the GOAT but I think coming off a 3 year layoff at age 35, moving up a weight division and some below average performances in his last few fights by his standards could make this a nightmare for him.

The power difference between light heavyweight and heavyweight is huge and even though you can judge everything on looks alone, Jones doesn't look in that great shape to me.

Had my mind on other things of late, is this a card to watch, or get up for the main event?

Jones is going to get the shit beat out of him tonight. He won't be able to take Cyril down and he will get to be made look stupid on the feet. He was out of his prime 5 years ago so he'll be a shell now.

However afterwards I'm sure I'll hear so many people say he's now overrated or not the GOAT. Make no mistake, PEDs or no PEDs.prime Jon Jones is the best MMA fighter ever. If this fight was happening 6 years ago then Cyril would be submitted in the first round easy.

He is going to lose tonight but, despite being a horrible person, Jon is the best ever, so far, by a distance.

Jones is going to get the shit beat out of him tonight. He won't be able to take Cyril down and he will get to be made look stupid on the feet. He was out of his prime 5 years ago so he'll be a shell now.

However afterwards I'm sure I'll hear so many people say he's now overrated or not the GOAT. Make no mistake, PEDs or no PEDs.prime Jon Jones is the best MMA fighter ever. If this fight was happening 6 years ago then Cyril would be submitted in the first round easy.

He is going to lose tonight but, despite being a horrible person, Jon is the best ever, so far, by a distance.
You could be right but I think Jones will be able to use his wrestling to get a decision victory.

not gonna lie, I’m still salty this ain’t Francis and Jones tonight
Feels like Jones shit the bed with Francis. He’s been waiting around for a long time at HW and now he’s in as Francis is out. I’m convinced the Francis match would have happened if Jones had been up for it

You could be right but I think Jones will be able to use his wrestling to get a decision victory.
I think this might happen too, Jones has always had a great chin and although he's coming up to HW I don't see Gane taking him out so if he starts losing the battle on the feet I think he'll use all his tools to get the decision. One thing I am interested in though is if he'll struggle in the later rounds, he's been out for so long and now carrying a lot more weight so will he be able stick with someone like Gane who's comfortable and experienced at his weight, could play a big part I reckon.

The Cameron Saaiman vs Mana Martinez fight was a good one, albeit interrupted.

Saaiman is so good for a 22 year old.

The Future Ian Garry up next.

That Garry fight was great entertainment. Hopefully I'm wrong as I'd love to see an Irish star emerge that isn't McGregor, but he's not looking like a future champion to me on the basis of these first few UFC fights. Plenty of tools to work with to improve though and still very young of course.

Turner vs Gamrot should be a good one.

Feel bad for Turner. He was supposed to fight Hooker, who has no wrestling. Now on short notice he has to fight a master wrestler. Rooting for him.