The MMA thread

So Khabib and eagle academy still live in your head rent free?

:lol: What are you on about? Am I living rent free in your head?

Just pointing out that the record is question is amazing but needs to be looked objectively because its padded (just like Khabib's). His first 12 opponents had 3 victories combined between them.

That's why I say we MIGHT have another Khabib. Hopefully the guy is as good as his record suggests (like Khabib was), but its no guarantee.

:lol: How much longer are the UFC going to continue milking OSP for meaningless prelim fights.
I don’t think osp has been in a prelim for at least 5 years until tonight :confused:

I don’t think osp has been in a prelim for at least 5 years until tonight :confused:

It was worse when he wasn't. He should've been retired/released years ago. I'm not suprised the UFC kept him on as he's a known, recognized name, but he hasn't been decent in ages. He's lost more fights than he's won over the past 5 years and one of his recent wins was over an ancient Shogan Rua.

:lol: What are you on about? Am I living rent free in your head?

Just pointing out that the record is question is amazing but needs to be looked objectively because its padded (just like Khabib's). His first 12 opponents had 3 victories combined between them.

That's why I say we MIGHT have another Khabib. Hopefully the guy is as good as his record suggests (like Khabib was), but its no guarantee.

Deleted my post sorry I could have said it in a more non toxic way.

Khabib is not a top five fighter all time.

Blanchfueld was just too big and strong. I thought she was losing the striking exchanges even though she was landing more. That lack of power might hurt her in the future. Good matchup against Valentina though.

Khabib is not a top five fighter all time.

Blanchfueld was just too big and strong. I thought she was losing the striking exchanges even though she was landing more. That lack of power might hurt her in the future. Good matchup against Valentina though.

In a lot of people's minds, he definitely is. And a lot have him higher than that. But it's subjective.

Osbourne and Johnson both out on their feet at the end of that one, really close fight and Ode edges the decision.

:lol: Leavitt loves to dance

That Minty Bets bullshit can die a death though.

Am i hearing this right, Floyd Mayweather fought and beat Aaron from Geordie Shore? Surely not, why the he’ll would Floyd want to fight him?

Looking forward to the return of Tatiana Suarez aka The female Khabib. It's been 3 almost years already. I hope she is healthy and back to her 100%.

5 years ago I watched Tatiana live in the arena here in Chile. Easily wrestlefecked Alexa Grasso, who fights next weekend for the belt. Divisions move fast...

What a calamitously boring card yesterday. They desperately need next week to bring a bit of excitement back to a promotion in obvious decline.

No fighter in history has the ten fight run Jones had at light heavy. Just to remind people

Shogun
Rampage
Cormier
Gustafsson
Rashad
Machida
Glover
Bader
Vitor
Sonnet

Yes he's a cheat but he's still one of the best to ever do it. It's his last three fights where he's looked human though. Reyes which I think he lost, Santos and Smith. Not the greatest competition in hindsight as well. I think we might get an upset this weekend.

That guy made his UFC debut on the weekend and won! Still undefeated!! We have a new Khabib!!

And even has the looks. Not like the undefeated Chechen fraud from weeks before that lost his UFC debut.

Mirror Universe Khabib has somehow made it to earth

Holy feck. This guy actually competed in the UFC at one point.

Easy to see why Khamzat and other fighters from Russian satelite territories will bend over to please him. If they have family in Russia, Kadyrov can get them to disappear easily.

Idiots like Justin Gaethje and Cejudo have no excuse.

Gane's the best striker Jones will have ever faced, for my money. Not just from the striking perspective, but spacing, reflexes, footwork, ringmanship as well as having size, power and length. Crazy that comes in a heavier division and doubly so with nobody having a clue what the HW version of Jones is about or can do.

Giant question marks held in the air with regard to Jones after so many years out and an underwhelming check out prior to that.

What is for certain, though, is if Gane gets entangled, he's toast. Doesn't matter how long Jones has been out when it comes to grappling and wrestling - there's a chasm between them there with Jones having a fair stake of being the best grappler ever seen in MMA.

I'm not sure even prime Jones had the striking to go 1:1 with Gane, but with the wrestling factored, it would have been immaterial. Question is whether HW Jones has the mobility, stamina, agility and explosiveness of LHW Jones to bridge and negate gaps in the same manner.

It's an interesting fight because Gane has to be perfect for the whole contest, but if he is, he could well get a points decision. For Jones, it's a mixed bag; he doesn't have to entertain a pure standup contest, at the same time he has to get the measure of HW fighting before really opening up. He's never been hit by someone so big and skilled - can he take those blows? How much is actually in the tank for high octane, heavyweight combat? Does he himself have enough power to keep Gane honest?

Gonna go with Jones because he's the best of all-time and is rightfully classed as a combat genius - it's not just ability to deal with regarding him but also experience and intelligence. I don't think Gane can keep someone so smart off him for a whole fight, and he's dead as a dodo once compromised. Absolutely fair play to him if he can indeed keep the wolf from his door all fight.