The MMA thread

I am so glad i am not waking up tomorrow as Josh Emmet, every kick to the ribs was brutal

Yair is one of those guys that when they fight, my heart goes all crazy. Skipped a beat every time he put himself in bad positions. So relieved and happy he won.

Volk is another of those guys... Gonna be shitting bricks every time Islam can get a hold on him :lol:

Let's go Alexander "The Great" Volkanovski!!! Go get it!!! #AndNew

Regardless of what happens from here I'm very impressed with Volk. He's made this much more competitive than I thought he could. Especially as the size difference is crazy. Islam also proving he has decent striking.

Yeah was not expecting Volk to be so good at resisting Islam's takedowns.
Right now feels like if it continues this way, Volk can win it.
Islam isn't getting much joy on the ground from the little times he did get there.

WHAT A FIGHT!! Islam won overall but Volk really proved himself as the P4P number 1. If they were the same size Volk takes him out.

Mad to think Volk done so well on the ground and Islam done so well on the feet.

Baffled that so few gave Volk a chance. Neither fighter was dominant and Islam won it by wrestle fecking him.

Nah Volk is the best fighter in the world still. Go up and fight Khamzat and see how it goes.

Baffled that so few gave Volk a chance. Neither fighter was dominant and Islam won it by wrestle fecking him.

Islam was excellent on the feet. Cracked him a fair few times. This was no wrestle feck because Volk wouldn't allow it.

He should’ve homed in on that leg - he buckled him the 3 times he used it then didn’t press home the window of opportunity it afforded him. Islam wanted no parts of it.

Islam was excellent on the feet. Cracked him a fair few times. This was no wrestle feck because Volk wouldn't allow it.

There were a couple of sequences in rounds 1 and 4 where Islam had him down for long stretches. That was the difference between Islam winning unanimously and Volk potentially nicking a split decision.

Last edited:
There were a couple of sequences in rounds 1 and 3 where Islam had him down for long stretches. That was the difference between Islam winning unanimously and Volk potentially nicking a split decision.

Oh yeah definitely. I guess I view a wrestle feck as a guy who only wants to go for the takedown. As impressed as I am with Volk, I am equally impressed with Islam's striking. Much better than Khabib in that aspect.

There were a couple of sequences in rounds 1 and 3 where Islam had him down for long stretches. That was the difference between Islam winning unanimously and Volk potentially nicking a split decision.

round 4 maybe?

Islam backpacked Volk for several minutes and did absolutely nothing with it, while getting peppered in the head. Stupid judges cant judge for shit.

He should’ve homed in on that leg - he buckled him the 3 times he used it then didn’t press home the window of opportunity it afforded him. Islam wanted no parts of it.

Yep, the leg kicks damaged Islam surprisingly quickly given that he only landed a few. Going to that well too many times was an obvious way to get timed for a takedown though.

Wow I was really impressed with Volk. He gave Islam more of a fight that 95% of the lightweights would. 48 47 was fair enough. I don't know where the 49 46 came from either.