The MMA thread

Shame we'll never see Jones vs Ngannou, I hope Francis makes good money on his next move but I must admit I don't have much interest in watching it, whether he moves to a rival promotion and just cleans out their HW division (that division is already pretty light at the top and I'm not sure other organisations have enough talent to challenge him) or tries his hand at boxing I can't see myself watching unless it's Fury or something.

Glad Ngannou has left as it removes his drama off the table and simplifies things for the remaining fighters.

Very interesting fight to return to. Think he’ll just wrestle him to death, though. Gane has zero chance the moment Jones gets his hands on him.
Shame we'll never see Jones vs Ngannou, I hope Francis makes good money on his next move but I must admit I don't have much interest in watching it, whether he moves to a rival promotion and just cleans out their HW division (that division is already pretty light at the top and I'm not sure other organisations have enough talent to challenge him) or tries his hand at boxing I can't see myself watching unless it's Fury or something.
You bet he’s praying it’s Fury or some other retirement-level payday! Watching numerous appearances and interviews he’s done on various podcasts etc, Francis wants his due and mentions the ridiculous disparity between boxing and MMA paydays; he’d rather take a few losses as a boxer at big compensation rates than muck around getting beat up whilst possibly retaining the HW title. Think it’s fair comment as legacy doesn’t pay the bills in the same way for a champion UFC fighter as it does for a boxer who is a draw.

Francis was right to go. He'll probably make 50 million dancing around with Fury for a few rounds. Easier than making 8 million overall for a few fights.

The UFC need to treat their fighters better in general. Unless your on PPV points, the money is shite especially compared to the money they are raking in.

Francis was right to go. He'll probably make 50 million dancing around with Fury for a few rounds. Easier than making 8 million overall for a few fights.

The UFC need to treat their fighters better in general. Unless your on PPV points, the money is shite especially compared to the money they are raking in.

Why would Fury take the fight though ? He's already rich and in and out of retirement of late.

Why would Fury take the fight though ? He's already rich and in and out of retirement of late.

Rich people always want more. Fury did say previously that he wanted the fight. I don't know (or care) what the position is now as I don't watch boxing!

Fantastic main event. Great performance by Hill and Glover with the heart of a true champion.