The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

Certainly, there will be new acquisitions in case we sell all of Sancho, Mount, Antony and Rashford. It goes without saying
Why is Mount even in this conversation? Have people not been watching him the last 2 pre season games? Yes I know it’s only friendly games but he wasn’t really given a fair chance last season with his injuries and a very disorganised set up. He looks like he has something to prove and as performed the last 2 friendly games.

Surprised Pellistri hasn't garnered more interest, especially from Spain where it seemed like he adjusted to Spanish football quite well.

Still, he needs to get first team football under his belt now and it's best we move him on.
Was never really confident he'd make it here.

I'm not hearing too much in the way of outgoings which is disappointing, but the same issue every summer/

AWB - some rumblings of interest
Mctominay - some rumblings of interest

Casemiro - not heard anything
Lindelof - not heard anything
Maguire - not heard anything
Eriksen - not heard anything
Sancho - not heard anything
Antony - not heard anything
Rashford - not heard anything

I've resigned myself to Rashford probably staying, but still want the rest ushered out.

This is where INEOS really have their work cut out.

Yeah making sales will definitely be their biggest test so far, they got the Greenwood situation sorted but the likes of Lindelof/McTominay are much tougher to sell

I'm not hearing too much in the way of outgoings which is disappointing, but the same issue every summer/

I've resigned myself to Rashford probably staying, but still want the rest ushered out.

Yeah and he's the one who we could get the most money for, we knew those huge wages would come back to bite us and so it's proved this summer

Last edited:
I wonder what is going on - I mean REALLY going on - with Rashford? There was his tears after Cup win; not picked for England. Big PR onslaught then saying he wanted to stay, get fit etc. (he must have smelled the coffee). Then a ‘knock’ pre Rangers. He’s like a hyperactive child in ways - I wonder if the new team are going to look afresh at psychological and behavioural issues among players. Rashford needs sorting out on some profound level. Otherwise his super wage is an obvious leakage of good moolah.

The Rashy issue has gone on too long. It is symptomatic of the deepest injuries that need fixing, and of the knotty challenges facing the new support staff. I would love to see MR come good and be consistent. Zirkzee arriving might help him. But. Simpler maybe to take the hit and try and offload him somehow. But how?

I wonder what is going on - I mean REALLY going on - with Rashford? There was his tears after Cup win; not picked for England. Big PR onslaught then saying he wanted to stay, get fit etc. (he must have smelled the coffee). Then a ‘knock’ pre Rangers. He’s like a hyperactive child in ways - I wonder if the new team are going to look afresh at psychological and behavioural issues among players. Rashford needs sorting out on some profound level. Otherwise his super wage is an obvious leakage of good moolah.

The Rashy issue has gone on too long. It is symptomatic of the deepest injuries that need fixing, and of the knotty challenges facing the new support staff. I would love to see MR come good and be consistent. Zirkzee arriving might help him. But. Simpler maybe to take the hit and try and offload him somehow. But how?
The last time there was so much noise about him getting fit and ready pre-season was the 22/23 season IIRC and he had a great season.

Otherwise the only way of getting rid is either lowering our price for him or loan with option to buy I feel. His wages will always be a stumbling block so the only way I see it is if we accommodate any team that's interested (maybe for the exception of PSG)

We'll still need a squad, so some of those players will definitely stay. I'd say Casemiro, Rashford & McTominay can still play a role. I'd be happy as long as we get AWB, Sancho, Maguire & Lindelof out. I'll be the odd one out but I feel Antony can still turn it around, so wouldn't be pissed if he isn't sold. Eriksen, I'm ok either ways.

Buyback please

Can’t wait to see how many Gyros and Souvlakis they’re going to offer for him. Even with a sell on clause, do Greek teams even make much money from sales? Better to send him on one more loan and try get a European team interested in him. Chelsea seem to have the same players on loan for years until a suitable offer comes in.

He is out of contract after this year right?

There is an option for another year in there but only if both parties agree (unlike the club option we have with McTom)..

So if there are clubs interested after another loan, why would he not chose to let his contract run out and go there for free?

Alternatively we agree on the option right now and loan him out, but there is the risk of being stuck with him again after this year, the Caf will not stop raving about us 'handing out contracts' in this scenario...

Can’t wait to see how many Gyros and Souvlakis they’re going to offer for him. Even with a sell on clause, do Greek teams even make much money from sales? Better to send him on one more loan and try get a European team interested in him. Chelsea seem to have the same players on loan for years until a suitable offer comes in.

We need a clear out badly, but I cant see us get rid of all of these, Id say they will more than likely be phased out over the next 2-3 seasons

There are a few i think could def still come in handy this season

AWB - Good backup at RB but id sell
Mctominay - Def not a starter, but good backup to have for CM or when chasing a goal, id keep for time being

Casemiro - Absolute rubbish last season, I would sell if any offers there. Could help out in smaller slower games if not
Lindelof - decent back up but time has come to move on - sell
Maguire - pretty decent season last year all things considering. Prob time to sell, but not totally against as a back up
Eriksen - prob time to sell, let him play regular footy elsewhere. I like Eriksen though, if he had sold defensive MFs around him in a game he can make a difference
Sancho - Adios Jaden.. Your lucky to even be welcomed back
Antony - I would accept magic beans at this stage
Rashford - Ive no idea what to expect from this lad after that effortless shitshow last year. It seems too much of a risk now to wait and see if his head is in it. Id cash in while hes still worth something if theres any offers.

out of those, i wouldnt be against keeping as some sort of back up - McT / Maguire / Eriksen / undecided on Casemiro being of any use / Rashford? (Christ knows really)

This is the most sensible list, need replacing if we want to challenge tittles again.
We hold onto players for a long who are not performing, so its high time to clear this and start with few good players.
People should see Rashford's best season could get us goals but it limits the way team play and we struggle as a team.

https://www.thetimes.com/sport/foot...ardiola-manchester-united-leny-yoro-z5bwmtbcz

I'm assuming there may be another thread for this right? I mean, is he serious?
The context is in the article

Since he arrived in English football he has won two trophies, Jürgen Klopp and David Moyes one each, and Guardiola four. “Of course [I feel stronger]. This club didn’t win trophies, before I came, for six years. In two years, after Guardiola, we won the most trophies in English football. So we are in a strong position.

Yeah making sales will definitely be their biggest test so far, they got the Greenwood situation sorted but the likes of Lindelof/McTominay are much tougher to sell
I get the feeling that mctominay would be very easy to sell if we weren't fussy on price, but there would be no point in selling a very useful homegrown player for 10m with a replacement going to cost multiples of this. And then it is hard to get the kinda of money that would make it worthwhile

I get the feeling that mctominay would be very easy to sell if we weren't fussy on price, but there would be no point in selling a very useful homegrown player for 10m with a replacement going to cost multiples of this. And then it is hard to get the kinda of money that would make it worthwhile

What do you think we should accept for him?

We'll still need a squad, so some of those players will definitely stay. I'd say Casemiro, Rashford & McTominay can still play a role. I'd be happy as long as we get AWB, Sancho, Maguire & Lindelof out. I'll be the odd one out but I feel Antony can still turn it around, so wouldn't be pissed if he isn't sold. Eriksen, I'm ok either ways.
Obviously we'd need to replace them and ensure we have 2 first team players per position. The dream is to see us be bold and rebuild the squad. If you're bringing in a 4th choice CB or a 6th choice midfielder you don't have to spend huge money on them if your scouting is good.

We have the potential to spend big this summer in FFP terms (though not necessarily the cash in the bank.)

I have no doubt 10 players in and 10 players out is doable. You just rarely see it because it's bad for "continuity". The problem is, why do we want continuity when we finished 8th and we're dreadful. We should complete as big an overhaul as we possibly can.

Annoyingly think there won't be any more movement on signings now until we sell a couple

Feels like everything has gone a bit quiet after what felt like action everyday last week
Probably need to get some players out before advancing some incomes, hopefully some updates tomorrow

Obviously we'd need to replace them and ensure we have 2 first team players per position. The dream is to see us be bold and rebuild the squad. If you're bringing in a 4th choice CB or a 6th choice midfielder you don't have to spend huge money on them if your scouting is good.

We have the potential to spend big this summer in FFP terms (though not necessarily the cash in the bank.)

I have no doubt 10 players in and 10 players out is doable. You just rarely see it because it's bad for "continuity". The problem is, why do we want continuity when we finished 8th and we're dreadful. We should complete as big an overhaul as we possibly can.
That went well for Chelsea :lol:

Feels like everything has gone a bit quiet after what felt like action everyday last week
Probably need to get some players out before advancing some incomes, hopefully some updates tomorrow

Yeah that's exactly why it's gone a bit quiet

Pellistri is a tidy player but he was never going to be a world beater, too slow and weak. Hopefully we can get 4-5m for him at least.

Surely he’s worth more than that?

20+ Uruguay caps? Played all the Copa? Direct winger… must be a team who’d take him …. take £10m with clauses
Yes he is worth more than that but the types of teams who'll be interested in him won't pay that kind of money.

I’ve long thought that due to PSR issues coupled with the total number of busted flushes we have in the squad we were going to end up waiting for a lot of them to just run out of contract whilst using them as squad padding. Nothing I have seen this summer so far has dissuaded me from that.

Feels to me like it just needs us to sell Lindelof/AWB and then we might see other sales pick up pace. We are definitely stuck in stalemate until that happens which is little frustrating

Eriksen needs to go asap

I feel he gets an easy ride here from the fans but he’s absolutely useless and symptomatic of our midfield frailty. I never hear people push him to go but hear lots of comments about McT who’s contributed so much more.

Eriksen needs to go asap

I feel he gets an easy ride here from the fans but he’s absolutely useless and symptomatic of our midfield frailty. I never hear people push him to go but hear lots of comments about McT who’s contributed so much more.

He was a free transfer. Is on good wages but not obscenely so. I think his deal expires next summer (right ?). Was useful his first season there until the injury despite being given a somewhat thankless job of playing #8.

I'd put him pretty low triage wise. Sancho is probably the player I'd hastily look buyers for.

Casemiro not on that list, interesting.

If we go back to the Jose interview he asks where do all the players we sell end up and he says Turkish league and he's probably right. Same now with a lot of the players we are trying to sell.

Where do the play now?
Where do the play now?

Football heritage or some rant he was on.

Eriksen needs to go asap

Think it's a bit harsh on him, he's not a central midfielder whatsoever, but he's never going to take Bruno's position. Did very well though his first season here.

He's not good enough for central midfield now but had a great first season. Him and Casemeiro just highlight everything wrong with the club for the last 11 years.

Feels like we are cursed when it comes to sales. Casemiros legs are gone but he would still be a superstar signing for the arabs, why doesn’t it happen? Same with Erikson, Maguire, Antony etc. - is there really no chance to sell? Forget about De Ligt etc if we can’t offload HR first

I’ve long thought that due to PSR issues coupled with the total number of busted flushes we have in the squad we were going to end up waiting for a lot of them to just run out of contract whilst using them as squad padding. Nothing I have seen this summer so far has dissuaded me from that.

I don't know, when Yoro has been signed it effectively means Maguire is third choice and Lindelof fourth choice (if Evans isn't ahead of him). By most accounts AWB wants to move (to London specifically, and both Fulham and West Ham have been tentatively linked I think). McTominay we have a year option on so we're in a decent position to demand a reasonable fee. Eriksen seems like a more ambitious person than most of them so I'd be surprised if he wants to collect his wage and not play at all (which he hardly will). Sancho seems to want a move and I suspect 99% of the supporters want him out too, and Erik surely as well, despite PR dress up. The only ones I'm not sure fancy a move are Casemiro (if he doesn't want to go to Saudi) and Maguire, who might think he'll play himself into the first XI.

I expect at least 3-4 players to leave from now until the end of the window.

He was a free transfer. Is on good wages but not obscenely so. I think his deal expires next summer (right ?). Was useful his first season there until the injury despite being given a somewhat thankless job of playing #8.

I'd put him pretty low triage wise. Sancho is probably the player I'd hastily look buyers for.

Casemiro not on that list, interesting.

Think he's not on list now Saudis walked away