The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

If you’d said First XI, maybe … but “squad”?

Well the sad fact is that (as we've seen) if they're available, they will most likely play.

If I thought that the temptation to put McTom in every match, Rashford in regularly, Maguire in when all our other CB's are injured which is regularly! Then maybe I'd feel differently.

McTom isn't good enough for squad or team, Rashford the same. Sancho and Maguire I wouldn't mind if the farmer's attitude wasn't likely to have a detrimental effect on the squad morale, and if both of them were only used if necessary.

So players gone so far:

Alvaro Hernandez
Van De Beek
Forson
Varane
Martial
Williams

6.5m

Imminent:
Kambwala

10m

Surely:
Greenwood estimated 30m
Sancho same as above

At least 2 of:
Maguire, McTominay, Hannibal, Pellistri, Lindelof

So that would be about 11 players out this summer, with potentially around 75-100m in sales, with some very high paid departures. It would be good work in a single window.

Well the sad fact is that (as we've seen) if they're available, they will most likely play.

If I thought that the temptation to put McTom in every match, Rashford in regularly, Maguire in when all our other CB's are injured which is regularly! Then maybe I'd feel differently.

McTom isn't good enough for squad or team, Rashford the same. Sancho and Maguire I wouldn't mind if the farmer's attitude wasn't likely to have a detrimental effect on the squad morale, and if both of them were only used if necessary.
Only one will regularly. And Maguire is fine for squad.

Sancho shouldn’t be anywhere near the club, let alone squad or first XI

Kambawala(10)/Greenwood(20)/SMT(30)/Maguire(20)/Sancho(30)/Lindelof(10)/AWB(20)/Casemiro(20)/Pellistri(10) which could generate around 150M and if PSG are still keen, selling Rashford(70) could elevate budget to next level means we can genuinely look at bringing in more of our targets like Yoro/Joao Neves/Branthwaite.

Zirkzee/Deligit/Ugarte itself looks like a good window, Imagine if we could bring in 2/3 more quality players in the same window.

Yeah, and to he honest, while it may be slightly better here, even PL teams don't have the kind of money to spend that they used to

And yet, Everton and Benfica want to get rich on selling Branthwaite and Neves to us, as if it is still prime 2019, when money was abundant and clubs were paying stupid transfer fees for even average players (#cough, Maguire)
That's because of the previous regime paying over the odds for Antony, Maguire etc. INEOS need to draw a line in the sand and not go above what they want to spend. Just walk away.

That's because of the previous regime paying over the odds for Antony, Maguire etc. INEOS need to draw a line in the sand and not go above what they want to spend. Just walk away.
Agree, and it wasn't just United. Arsenal, Chelsea, even City also have paid insane amounts, albeit for better players. However, those times are gone and Everton and Benfica thinking it is still raining millions, is laughable

Last edited:
Agree, and it wasn't just United. Arsenal, Chelsea, even City also have paid insane amounts, albeit for better players. However, those times are gone and Everyon and Benfica thinking it is still raining millions, is laughable
With Onana going to villa from Everton and Calvert Lewin potentially going to Newcastle. I think any deal to bring Branthwaite is over

Agree that big PL clubs haven't helped themselves in the past, but PSR rules means reckless spending is over.

Nope, it's in Marseille"S court. Alledgly the major of Marseille kicked up a fuss about Marseille signing greenwood.

Marseille is the likely destination for the 22-year-old's next club but, speaking to RMC Sport on Tuesday, mayor Benoit Payan urged OM to withdraw from the deal.

"Greenwood's behaviour is unspeakable, unacceptable," the Marseille mayor said. "Hitting his wife ... I saw images that deeply shocked me. Massacring his wife in this way is unbecoming of a man, and he cannot have his place on this team.

"The values of OM and Marseille are anything but that in fact. It's a shame. I will ask [Marseille president] Pablo Longoria not to recruit Greenwood. I don't want my club to be covered with the shame of someone who hits his wife."

Marseille have not publicly responded to Payan's comments but speaking at a news conference on the same day, their head coach Roberto De Zerbi said he would not treat Greenwood any differently if he were to join. "Mason is a world-class player," said the former Brighton boss, "but we have not recruited him yet.

"I don't know what happened, but I am not used to get involved in my players' private life. But if he comes here, you have to know that I treat all my players like my sons. I can tell them off in private, but I would never attack them in public."

So players gone so far:

Alvaro Hernandez
Van De Beek
Forson
Varane
Martial
Williams

6.5m

Imminent:
Kambwala

10m

Surely:
Greenwood estimated 30m
Sancho same as above

At least 2 of:

So that would be about 11 players out this summer, with potentially around 75-100m in sales, with some very high paid departures. It would be good work in a single window.

It's touch and go that Casemiro will go as well.

These sell offs make me almost as exciting as a new transfer. I cannot wait for some players to finally leave

What's our best recorded outgoing window(s) ?

I see
19/20 - 80m€
15/16 - 100m€
09/10 - 104m€

Built on a single player being sold at a high price.

Somewhere around those numbers selling 3-5 big wage players would be a decent mark to hit fir the new management.

That's a pity, he looked half decent and wouldnt have minded seeing some more of him.

I thought he looked a fair bit off the level needed and made Evans feel rock solid.

Seems a fairly flimsy fee though. We'd not be able to buy a championship player for that.

So players gone so far:

Alvaro Hernandez
Van De Beek
Forson
Varane
Martial
Williams

6.5m

Imminent:
Kambwala

10m

Surely:
Greenwood estimated 30m
Sancho same as above

At least 2 of:

So far though all we've done is release players and it looks like we're getting buttons for Kambwala.

Will get more excited if and when we can lose Greenwood, Sancho and 2-3 of your lower list.

What's our best recorded outgoing window(s) ?

I see
19/20 - 80m€
15/16 - 100m€
09/10 - 104m€

Built on a single player being sold at a high price.

Somewhere around those numbers selling 3-5 big wage players would be a decent mark to hit fir the new management.

It’s interesting but to be honest, unless you adjust for inflation it’s a somewhat meaningless metric.

From 09/10 football prices have at least tripled. You could actually buy 3-4 top players for that money then. The most expensive Premier League transfer in that 09/10 window was Tevez to Man City for €29m. Ours was Antonio Valencia for €18m. Whereas now you pay >€80m for just a prospect from Italy (Hojlund).

Beating the 09/10 sales record in 24/25 is no achievement really. It just shows how terrible we’ve been at selling this past decade.

So players gone so far:

Alvaro Hernandez
Van De Beek
Forson
Varane
Martial
Williams

6.5m

Imminent:
Kambwala

10m

Surely:
Greenwood estimated 30m
Sancho same as above

At least 2 of:

Casemiro could be in the bottom group of players too

It’s interesting but to be honest, unless you adjust for inflation it’s a somewhat meaningless metric.

From 09/10 football prices have at least tripled. You could actually buy 3-4 top players for that money then. The most expensive Premier League transfer in that 09/10 window was Tevez to Man City for €29m. Ours was Antonio Valencia for €18m. Whereas now you pay >€80m for just a prospect from Italy (Hojlund).

Beating the 09/10 sales record in 24/25 is no achievement really. It just shows how terrible we’ve been at selling this past decade.

Yeah the value as an objective, concrete metric is pretty limited beyond the fact we seem to have one of those every 5 years (likewise in 03/04, selling Beckham and Veron for 60m€ in sales).
It would be moreso symbolic especially if we can reach it with the sale of several players (in those three past cases Ronaldo, Di Maria and Lukaku accounts for 75%+ of those sums).

It seems we're possibly, per reported rumors, about to spend 150-200m this summer (plus what knows in winter), would be an improvement to have half of that covered in outgoings (plus shaving a few millions off the yearly wage bill).

A key point to remember is most of the (expected) departures contributed absolutely nothing to last season - Martial, DVB, Greenwood, Sancho, Brandon Williams, Kambwala. Varane and Lindelof/Maguire may be the only ones who did something of non zero value. Even substituting them with squad players will significantly boost our squad next year.

It tapered off a bit unfortunately. Sancho is staying. Casemiro Saudi rumors going nowhere. Need to keep pushing.

Many players have been away on holidays post Euro’s - therefore expect activity to ramp up now the tournament has finished.

Also many transfers are domino effects - something needs to happen and then a number of other things fall into place.

I would imagine that there have been lots of discussions about many players - and a lot of postering by teams hoping to get players cheaper due to financial restrictions.

Also - when a player is leaving the replacement needs to be lined up as well - we have some big players to try and move on (wages wise) - that is never easy.

I would expect that as soon as we confirm De Ligt then there will be a sale announced shortly after.

We’re already upto 60m in sales, and some big earners out the door. It is likely that Casemiro, Lindelof and Sancho might also go. Which would bring it up to around 130m. Throw in Pellistri and Hannibal and we over 150m. I think these guys will get all of their expected business done. And it won’t even break the bank. This is like a tsunami of competence.

Varane
Martial
Williams
Forson
Greenwood - 30m
Wan Bissaka - 15m
Kambwala - 10m
Alvaro Fernandez - 6m
Van De Beek - 500k

We’re already upto 60m in sales, and some big earners out the door. It is likely that Casemiro, Lindelof and Sancho might also go. Which would bring it up to around 130m. Throw in Pellistri and Hannibal and we over 150m. I think these guys will get all of their expected business done. And it won’t even break the bank. This is like a tsunami of competence.

Varane
Martial
Williams
Forson
Greenwood - 30m
Wan Bissaka - 15m
Kambwala - 10m
Alvaro Fernandez - 6m
Van De Beek - 500k
Hope you are right and everyone of them go... is it too much to hope mctom,eriksen and our one leg Brazilian go too though??? Please tell me there is interest in them??

Varane
Martial
Williams
Forson
Greenwood - 30m
Wan Bissaka - 15m
Kambwala - 10m
Alvaro Fernandez - 6m
Van De Beek - 500k
This gave me quite the giggle. I would never expect to see tsunami and competence in a sentence. Which is absolutely right as well.

I don't like Maguire but he is the best reliable centre back at the club.

We have not signed enough players to make it even remotely reasonable to sell him.

I don't think he'd go either.

Maguire, Yoro, Licha, new LCB & Evans - those should be our options going into next season. If we sell Maguire we'd have to get another CB. He'll remain as the experienced option in the squad, imo.

I don't think he'd go either.

Maguire, Yoro, Licha, new LCB & Evans - those should be our options going into next season. If we sell Maguire we'd have to get another CB. He'll remain as the experienced option in the squad, imo.

Maguire isn't going to get us anywhere.

We need to start to mould a team that grows together and can get coached into a title winning side.

Maguire isn't going to get us anywhere.

We need to start to mould a team that grows together and can get coached into a title winning side.
True, but you simply can't move everyone on in one window. We also need to strengthen quite a few other positions too. LCB, LB, 2 CM's and possibly a versatile attacker or a striker. I don't think all of them will be fulfilled in this window, forget filling another CB position.