The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

Expectation: 100m++
Reality: 15m. 3 leaves on a free
Sorry, the rest of the world cannot be on your express timeline.

With the Greenwood sale almost complete it'll take it to ~£35m + add-ons. That's 1/3rd of the way there.

At this point Casemiro is the only one I'm really jonesing for. I just don't want Ten Hag to have the temptation to pick him under any circumstances. If we feck up and don't get Ugarte or similar to replace him I'd still rather he was gone and we rely on a youngster or some kind of Amrabat-style last-minute loan.

Whatever else you do in the team, it's all worthless if you have a player whose legs are completely gone at the centre of everything. Like building an atom bomb and replacing the uranium with a block of cheddar.

With the Greenwood sale almost complete it'll take it to ~£35m + add-ons. That's 1/3rd of the way there.
I missed that one. The last time I read news about him, the mayor of marseille didnt want him at the club

Expectation: 100m++
Reality: 15m. 3 leaves on a free

Carreras - €6m
Van de Beek - €.5m
Kambwala - €11.5m
Greenwood - €30m

Total - €48m / £40m

That's what's done so far, along with huge wage savings on Martial and Varane, as well as reports of interest in Casemiro, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, McTominay and Sancho.

I’m hoping the recent reconciliation between ETH and Sancho are just smoke and mirrors.

I’m hoping the recent reconciliation between ETH and Sancho are just smoke and mirrors.
I think its just preempting the possibility that Sancho doesn't find a suitor and he's stuck here. Better for both his and the club's sake that things are cordial.

Promising start to the window, the most promising in some time.

Essential outgoings for me:
AWB
Eriksen
Lindelof
Casemiro
Rashford

Uncertain:
Maguire
Anthony
Hannibal
Pellistri
McTominey

Third of the way to the 100m target. Let's get 20M each atleast for AWB and McT and hopefully Casemiro for another 40M. It'll actually be funny if we actually finish the net spend number we told Tuchel (70-90m I think?) and we still improve the squad quite significantly.

I'm still hoping we can get a pretty penny for @Dirty Schwein , @weetee, @Shakesy, @Scarlett Dracarys , @Slevs, @ben_united, @BenitoSTARR , and a few others, and bring in some real posters in time for the new season. RedCafe needs some serious reinforcements. Hell, a couple of those I'd let leave for a packet of crisps.

Just kidding, I love you guys.

You leave my pal @Dirty Schwein alone.
I don't know you, but I would honestly banish you to a lifetime of being a Liverpool fan's outhouse then lose Mr Dirty Schwein.

Those with a year now remaining on their contracts - Lindelof, Wan Bissaka, Hannibal, Pellistri & Eriksen I think will all go this summer. McTominay might go too. I reckon Maguire and Casemiro will end up staying. Who knows on Sancho.

with the sale of Alvaro F - we should be over £40 mil :)

I think its just preempting the possibility that Sancho doesn't find a suitor and he's stuck here. Better for both his and the club's sake that things are cordial.
Yeah agree. We are still happy to sell him but if it doesn't work out we are better off having Sancho in the squad as opposed to rotting for a year back in the U-21's just further tanking any value he might have. That's too much of a distraction

You leave my pal @Dirty Schwein alone.
I don't know you, but I would honestly banish you to a lifetime of being a Liverpool fan's outhouse then lose Mr Dirty Schwein.
angry-look-marcus-burnett.gif

Ride or die bro!

Anything about Hannibal or Pellistri yet? I'd be surprised to see them around at the beginning of the season.

AWB
Maguire
Lindelof
Casemiro
McTominay
Eriksen
Rashford
Sancho

Still got upto 8 players we could or should look to sell so we can sign replacements.

Out of the above list it's AWB and McTominay that I'd be happy to keep if decent offers don't come in for them. The other 6 could leave today and it wouldn't make a difference.

Atleast with AWB and McTominay they're professionals, and in shape to put a shift in on the pitch. Even if not the most technically gifted players, I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of actual athletes and players who on their day that produce miracles like AWB defensively.

Unrealistic but if I had a wand, all of these would go and be replaced;

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Casemiro
McTominay
Mejbri
Sancho
Antony
Eriksen
Rashford

Lindelof in his last year and on £120k/week will be tough to move for a good fee. Can’t see anyone paying more than £10m. I’d like to see us sign Ferdi from Fenerbache and include Lindelof to get the price down (they’ve been linked to him).

In the last year of his contract, £15m for AWB would be a good bit of business for United and the right buyer - he’ll do well in the right setup. If we sign Ferdi, that’d leave him and Dalot as primary RB options, with both being able to play LB in addition to Shaw, Martinez and Malacia (assuming he finds his missing knee).

McTominay is on a paltry £60k/week. He’s a great squad option at that price for the next two years. Should be a £25m fee minimum.

If that £40m gives us the flexibility to bring in De Ligt, Ugarte (maybe on a loan with option to buy) and Ferdi (with Lindelof going the other way), it would be a smashing window.

Unless Saudi bail is out, we’re surely stuck with Casemiro.

So players gone so far:

Alvaro Hernandez
Van De Beek
Forson
Varane
Martial
Williams

6.5m

6.5m…

Really highlights the problem of how poorly we’ve been structured.

3 youngsters with Premier League experience/potential

And 3 players we spent over £130m on

Disgraceful

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Casemiro
McTominay
Mejbri
Sancho
Antony
Eriksen
Rashford
That lot out of the door would bring in a few quid. Rashford makes my head hurt. 18 months ago, selling him would have been out of the question, but how things have changed. I’d be willing to see if he can turn things around this coming season.
I can’t see how keeping any of the rest of them would make much sense. I don’t dislike AWB and if he stays I’d be fine with it, but I don’t want to see Sancho in a United shirt ever again and I don’t wanna see Antony in any shirt ever again. The rest need new clubs and I don’t have any resentment towards any of them.

Getting rid of deadwood is nearly impossible when our own fanbase constantly give off about letting deadwood go. Look at AWB and McTominay who should be surplus due to some dire performances over the last few years, but are now seen as good squad options.

Watching both pre-season games made me think Hannibal needs a move asap, I like the kid but he needs to be playing constantly and should be able to find a club willingly to pick him up for a few million.

With 1 year left on his contract he just needs to move on.

The Saudi’s cooling their interest in Casemiro have really fecked our plans in terms of raising funds. I think most were expecting him to go and the club to bring in at least £25/30m from his sale. Now it looks like it will be McTominay who’ll potentially be the big money sale, I would’ve preferred getting rid of Casemiro and keeping Scott but we need to raise funds some how and he’s only a squad player at the end of the day, albeit an effective one.

Getting rid of deadwood is nearly impossible when our own fanbase constantly give off about letting deadwood go. Look at AWB and McTominay who should be surplus due to some dire performances over the last few years, but are now seen as good squad options.
Yep, its frustrating. Both have been here long enough and we know their slight strengths and their obvious weaknesses.
AWB yesterday struggled again with his passing and, Once again, gave very little option for Amad on the overlap.
But he can do a ok 1v1 job even though, with the ball, we become so limited on that right side. Its why most of our offensive play comes from the left when he features.

McTominay is clearly a primary man to be sold, for proceeds to become pure accounting profit (which, in turn, gives us room for more purchases under FFP).

Then, we can dispose of Hannibal and one of Maguire or Lindelof.

There is also Pellistri to be sold, as well as Bissaka.

Finally, and in unlikely scenario that we find buyers, all of Casemiro, Mount, Sancho, Antony and Rashford may also be easily disposed of, without any detriment to the team.

So, up to 9 first team players are there for sale.

McTominay is clearly a primary man to be sold, for proceeds to become pure accounting profit (which, in turn, gives us room for more purchases under FFP).

Then, we can dispose of Hannibal and one of Maguire or Lindelof.

There is also Pellistri to be sold, as well as Bissaka.

Finally, and in unlikely scenario that we find buyers, all of Casemiro, Mount, Sancho, Antony and Rashford may also be easily disposed of, without any detriment to the team.
What are the bench options if you sell Sancho, Mount, Antony and Rashford?

Mount is 100% in the manager's plans. I doubt the owners would like to see Rashford changing clubs, ever. Antony and Sancho, I agree, might be sold for good offers. Casemiro, we're likely actively looking for buyers.

What are the bench options if you sell Sancho, Mount, Antony and Rashford?

Mount is 100% in the manager's plans. I doubt the owners would like to see Rashford changing clubs, ever. Antony and Sancho, I agree, might be sold for good offers. Casemiro, we're likely actively looking for buyers.
Certainly, there will be new acquisitions in case we sell all of Sancho, Mount, Antony and Rashford. It goes without saying

AWB
Lindelof
Maguire
Casemiro
McTominay
Mejbri
Sancho
Antony
Eriksen
Rashford
My first thought is selling so many is fantasy and unrealistic but if we look at these players contribution, I think you have a reason to draw up this list.

I would be lot happier if Rashford/Sancho do well for us but I know lot of fans supporting these 2 players like me will say "we cant go anywhere by keeping players like Rashford/Sancho" after few games into new season. Its so sad to digest when I see them not giving 100% but feel they got divine right to start every game, we have seen 3/4 years of this so better get rid and bring in young/hungry players. I am in for that.

when ever I drive to old trafford with my little ones, I notice other UTD fans at service stations in the rain/snow bringing in kids with lot of hope even during our worst season, so we all deserved to be treated with fully committed players who understand fans sentiments/emotions and give their best every minute on pitch.

Certainly, there will be new acquisitions in case we sell all of Sancho, Mount, Antony and Rashford. It goes without saying
Don't think the manager and assistants would risk such an overhaul and I doubt we would upgrade in quality and output for the money we'd get. Although Rashford as homegrown would open leverage for incomings.