The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

Think he's not on list now Saudis walked away
Probably but it's about MU "encouraging offers" so you'd think irrespective of the actual bids and interest of other clubs ?

They probably reckon that a 75% Casemiro could do the job we need next season in a double pivot and with the proper partner / competing teammate (Ugarte ?) and better than anyone we could afford.

Probably but it's about MU "encouraging offers" so you'd think irrespective of the actual bids and interest of other clubs ?

They probably reckon that a 75% Casemiro could do the job we need next season in a double pivot and with the proper partner / competing teammate (Ugarte ?) and better than anyone we could afford.

Yeah very true,however just worry about him ever finding just a bit of that 22/23 version. Just look at the first couple of pre season games to see there is a real issue when he plays and will cost us at some point

There are zero rumors and zero sales so far except Greenwood. Looks like even Ineos is struggling to sell our deadwood. I truly hope we see some outgoings soon but I would not be surprised if we keep most of these once more

There are zero rumors and zero sales so far except Greenwood. Looks like even Ineos is struggling to sell our deadwood. I truly hope we see some outgoings soon but I would not be surprised if we keep most of these once more

You do realise that 9 players have now left the club this summer already?

And 9 more need to go, that’s an open heart surgery. Bissaka, 1 of Maguire or Lindelof, Eriksen, Casemiro, McTominay, Hannibal, Sancho, Antony, Pellistri - that’s 9 players to be disposed of (and the list doesn’t even include Rashford).

And 9 more need to go, that’s an open heart surgery. Bissaka, 1 of Maguire or Lindelof, Eriksen, Casemiro, McTominay, Hannibal, Sancho, Antony, Pellistri - that’s 9 players to be disposed of (and the list doesn’t even include Rashford).
Unfortunately, Rashford isn't going anywhere as PSG are going for Desire Doue.

I think we'll struggle shifting a few that we want to sell, mainly due to the wages they earn at United.

From those on the list you've made, I think at a push AWB and Lindelof will leave.

Feels weird that Saudi clubs would sign everyone’s trash except ours.

Antony is staying - there is no club in the world that would buy him at the moment, the wages & the fee we paid make him unsellable.
McTominay I think ETH said is staying.

I think AWB, Lindelof, Pellistri, Hannibal will go. The rest won't be easy to move, let's hope Sancho is sold for decent fee.

With the exception of Greenwood, for which player did we get a decent fee? I am talking about players still being under contract obviously as these are the tricky ones to get rid of

Started great but has petered off a bit. Still have hope that we'd get rid of a few more as we get towards the more business end of the window. It's too early for teams to get desperate.

Clubs want a fortune from us to buy players from them, but when it comes to buying players from us they are broke..
That's the way the club has operated by and large for the last 11 years, it may take a couple seasons to fix that.

I think we've only sold Dan James (£15m to £25m) for a profit in that time.
We've not being the best negotiators so bargains are thin on the ground, Garnacho (£400k) and Bruno (£47m) are the only players that we have parted cash for that appear to have been good investments.

That's the way the club has operated by and large for the last 11 years, it may take a couple seasons to fix that.

We've not being the best negotiators so bargains are thin on the ground, Garnacho (£400k) and Bruno (£47m) are the only players that we have parted cash for that appear to have been good investments.

Very good examples indeed!

Shaw has been a good investment, even with his injury problems. He's been let down in his time at United with a lack of quality around him though.

Shaw has been a good investment, even with his injury problems. He's been let down in his time at United with a lack of quality around him though.
I did think about Shaw when posting and wouldn't argue against his inclusion in the good investment bracket.
If anything his injuries and his United career not really kicking off until Ole, was ultimately why I overlooked him.

Antony is staying - there is no club in the world that would buy him at the moment, the wages & the fee we paid make him unsellable.
We made a rod for our own back with him. Maybe loan him back to Ajax or another club in the hope he can improve and then see if we can sell.

He's out of contract next summer, how could there be an obligation to buy at the end of the loan? Of all midfielders to get rid of, why on earth would be pick Eriksen??
I think if that is how the deal is structured then we'll extend his contract for a season to make it possible.

His legs are gone and I read somewhere that he wants to be s regular starter. It's best if he leaves.

I have a feeling that Antony will leave on loan & Sancho also will either be sold or loaned and we'll sign Xavi Simons from PSG on an initial loan with an option or obligation to buy.

It will be hard to sell most of them even for low fees. Very slow (cautios) summer for all clubs.

Has that much really changed from the strategy of past seasons? Buy a couple of priority signings early for pre season, and then see what we can do in the business end of the window, as the season is starting.

We've signed Zirkzee and Yoro who both had release clauses so were relatively straight forward deals, where we saw value in paying the clause.

We're still waiting for the window to draw to a close, when the posturing from clubs is over with, and they actually start doing deals out of necessity.

De Ligt, Branthwaite, Right Back, Left Back, Ugarte/CDM, Amrabat, Fofana/CM, Toney/DCL and a Right Winger. We're waiting for all of these chases to turn into deals when the transfer merry go round gets going.

Fans will have to hold tight as much of this depends on sales of AWB/Maguire/Lindelof/Casemiro/McTominay/Eriksen/Rashford/Sancho/Antony.

We'll be lucky to sell 4 of those 9 players. Meaning we can probably only sign 4 of those rumoured to be incoming.

Still struggling to move on players I see.

Was less of a problem 7 or 8 years ago when we had the buying power to go after players regardless of sales. Now we need to shift the likes of Lindelof, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Mctominay and Sancho to enable us to bring in upgrades in those positions, but it's a struggle to find willing buyers.

Still struggling to move on players I see.

Not surprising when you see the stupid wages that these players are on, INEOS must have been fuming after looking at the figures thinking how on earth do we sell these players

Not surprising when you see the stupid wages that these players are on, INEOS must have been fuming after looking at the figures thinking how on earth do we sell these players
Exactly. That will also be why they want Ajax to buy Eriksen, unless they are willing to take on all his wages, which I doubt. Unfortunately we do not have clubs who are doing business with us like the Everton, Villa, Chelsea triangle.

We literally don’t have many players you would categorise as deadwood anymore. Some of you want half our first team squad sold.

A lot of our fans spend 50% of their time absolutely slating players in the squad, to the extent they become running jokes, then the other 50% of their time wondering why nobody wants to buy the same players.

We literally don’t have many players you would categorise as deadwood anymore. Some of you want half our first team squad sold.
I think people also underestimate how hard it is to get rid of 'deadwood'. City are still stuck with Philips, Chelsea are still trying to offload Lukaku. Teams aren't going to buy players that aren't seen as being a good investment, for one reason or another.

We just have a bit more to move on because of how badly we were run before INEOS bought a stake in the club.

We have to hope the LB injury situation improves this season, if yes it is not a problem position. RB have to hope Dalot can stay in there for the attacking intent, if yes then we are fine there. We have to hope we can actually get somebody to play with Casemiro or he remember to be a footballer. Problem there is if we cannot shift somebody to then sign that player. We are relying on Mount being fit to give Bruno a break. That Antony can produce something, that Rashford decides to turn up this season. That if we cannot get someone to buy Sancho he does not drift back into his lazy petulant ways. Also need Hojlund and Zirkzee to click. There are a lot of what ifs with this team.

As usual things have ground to a halt in regard to outgoings. Hardly surprising when our deadwood are on wages that far exceeds their ability. It will take years to rectify the mess Woodward and co have put us in.

Once again our deadwood will carry us down it seems.
As usual things have ground to a halt in regard to outgoings. Hardly surprising when our deadwood are on wages that far exceeds their ability. It will take years to rectify the mess Woodward and co have put us in.
Yep, but I hope people didn't expect this to be a quick fix

A lot of our fans spend 50% of their time absolutely slating players in the squad, to the extent they become running jokes, then the other 50% of their time wondering why nobody wants to buy the same players.
Yep. We have a squad that performs like a bottom half side but on champions league level wages. Hardly a surprise nobody wants to buy our castoffs, or that they don't want to leave the cushy job they've got.