The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

It's crazy to think that just 3 years ago people loved Martial and we have now reached a stage where we have released him, where nobody was prepared to pay money for him. We couldn't give him away.
At 28 yrs of age, she should be at his absolute peak. Instead, his career is at rock bottom. I guess he peaked really early.

It's crazy to think that just 3 years ago people loved Martial and we have now reached a stage where we have released him, where nobody was prepared to pay money for him. We couldn't give him away.
At 28 yrs of age, she should be at his absolute peak. Instead, his career is at rock bottom. I guess he peaked really early.
I mean its not even mid july, there's plenty of time for him to sign for someone. Spurs have been interested in him, I can see Levy being all over that deal on a free with decent wages.

If we have a significant sell-on percentage in Mengi, then that would be a massive finger up at UEFA.
Pretty sure that the UEFA ruling made it clear that we can't even do transfer deals that indirectly benefit either club, so either he doesn't have such a clause or this is a BS rumour.

Pretty sure that the UEFA ruling made it clear that we can't even do transfer deals that indirectly benefit either club, so either he doesn't have such a clause or this is a BS rumour.

Simon Peach confirmed we have a high percentage sell-on clause at the time of the transfer to Luton.

Can’t imagine McTominay playing in Turkey, he seems like the sort of player that’d mill around at a club like Everton once leaving United. See if they’ll take him + £40m for Branthwaite.

They won’t offer anywhere near what he’s worth. He should be going for £35-£40m minimum. It’s a pity Moyes isn’t still at West Ham.
Then he won't be going anywhere and we'll be stuck with him another season.

Which idiot team do you think would bid that kind of money for McTominay?

West Ham bid £30m for him last season, he’s coming off the back of a pretty good season for him scoring some important goals. He’s certainly not went down in value, I don’t think £35m is unreasonable at all when you consider some of the fees being payed for players that have done even less in the game.

West Ham bid £30m for him last season, he’s coming off the back of a pretty good season for him scoring some important goals. He’s certainly not went down in value, I don’t think £35m is unreasonable at all when you consider some of the fees being payed for players that have done even less in the game.
You already stated in your previous post that David Moyes has gone. So I'll ask again: which idiot team do you think will pay that sort of money for McTominay?

City signed Nunes for around £50-60m last season and he'd done feck all for Wolves and them. McTominays proven to be far more useful and should easily command £35m.

'People here' are idiots and expect unrealistic fees for our shit players

I am not as widely optimistic as some but Galatasaray would offer 8-10m€ for him and that's a little low. It's not like we need to expurge his wages at all costs.

Will be pretty poor if we go into next season with Rashford, Sancho, McTominay and Maguire still taking up spots in the squad.

You already stated in your previous post that David Moyes has gone. So I'll ask again: which idiot team do you think will pay that sort of money for McTominay?

I don’t fecking know mate, I’m not an agent. I’m sure there will be plenty of interest in a player like McTominay, we’ll see how things go as the window progresses. I’ll be very disappointed if we were to let him go to Galatasaray for what would most likely be in the £10-15m range. I’d like to think the people we’ve brought in to head up recruitment are much better placed to be able to get decent fees for our players than the previous regime. We’ve seen kids who’ve barely kicked a ball in the Premier League go for £20m+, so there’s no reason we should be letting an established premier league and international footballer go for peanuts whether you rate him or not.

It would be if you based real life on football manager perhaps

What do you mean? Real football still involves a budget and limited slots. These players are not of the required level and if they're staying they will not be replaced.

I would hazard a guess that 2-3 of them will start our first game of the season too.

What do you mean? Real football still involves a budget and limited slots. These players are not of the required level and if they're staying they will not be replaced.

I would hazard a guess that 2-3 of them will start our first game of the season too.

I mean you’re living in a fantasy land if having any of those four players in the squad next season is going to be considered poor to you.

I’d also suggest that saying none of those four are of the required squad level is incorrect too.

I mean you’re living in a fantasy land if having any of those four players in the squad next season is going to be considered poor to you.

I’d also suggest that saying none of those four are of the required squad level is incorrect too.

Ah, well we'll have to strongly disagree there. None of those players are top level talents and none of them would get into a top level side in my opinion.

This is why nobody has approached us for any of them despite it being public knowledge that we're willing to listen to offers. We can talk about wages, but if they were top level players then top clubs would want them for good wages.

As things stand, if McTominay was to leave, it would be for a West Ham level club, same with Maguire. Sancho has no firm interest at even a relatively low price and I've not heard of interest from anywhere in Rashford because he's clearly washed up.

Of course this is all my own opinion, but if these players feature heavily next season and we look terrible all season again with Rashford ambling around barely looking like a footballer, McTom hiding from the ball, Sancho being ineffective and, despite his best efforts which I do actually respect (and he's the only one I would be ok with keeping as backup) Maguire still being slow and unable to play the style we want, then maybe we will have to agree that they're not good enough for where we should be.

Ah, well we'll have to strongly disagree there. None of those players are top level talents and none of them would get into a top level side in my opinion.

This is why nobody has approached us for any of them despite it being public knowledge that we're willing to listen to offers. We can talk about wages, but if they were top level players then top clubs would want them for good wages.

As things stand, if McTominay was to leave, it would be for a West Ham level club, same with Maguire. Sancho has no firm interest at even a relatively low price and I've not heard of interest from anywhere in Rashford because he's clearly washed up.

Of course this is all my own opinion, but if these players feature heavily next season and we look terrible all season again with Rashford ambling around barely looking like a footballer, McTom hiding from the ball, Sancho being ineffective and, despite his best efforts which I do actually respect (and he's the only one I would be ok with keeping as backup) Maguire still being slow and unable to play the style we want, then maybe we will have to agree that they're not good enough for where we should be.

We can agree to disagree on level of talent but you’re really unrealistic expecting United to simply get rid of up to 10 players in one window and replace.

10m for Kambwala is good business imo.

Think 10m euros (£8.5m) is the very least we should be getting personally so not overly fussed on that part. I do like the buy back option and the sell on clause though assuming they're favourable rates. If he gets regular football over the next couple of years which he won't get here and which he needs then we can reassess or see if another club comes calling and we make more profit like what Bayern have done with Zirkzee.

Liking the way we are structuring deals under Ineos.

I'd say Sancho has been poor for United.
For the other three I agree with you. Not wedded to McT or Maguire but I don't think they're top of the list of players we need to move out.

They won’t offer anywhere near what he’s worth. He should be going for £35-£40m minimum. It’s a pity Moyes isn’t still at West Ham.
Transfermrkt has his value at £27mil. Which sounds more realistic than £34-£40mil.

Think 10m euros (£8.5m) is the very least we should be getting personally so not overly fussed on that part. I do like the buy back option and the sell on clause though assuming they're favourable rates. If he gets regular football over the next couple of years which he won't get here and which he needs then we can reassess or see if another club comes calling and we make more profit like what Bayern have done with Zirkzee.

Liking the way we are structuring deals under Ineos.
It’s night and day over what we used to do.

Assuming we buy two CHs, Kwambala would be fighting it out with Evans for 5th/6th. Instead, we get 10m into the pot (which with amortization on spend is “worth” more), save his wages and can still come back in if he kicks on and gets to a top level.

Exactly how a top football club should be run. If you’re not good enough, sell.. if you might be, sell with clauses.

Considering Everton are wanting £70-£80m for Branthwaite after 35 games in the league it’s not that unbelievable we could get £35m for McT considering his goal scoring record alone for last season.

'People here' are idiots and expect unrealistic fees for our shit players
Yep, which is why I normally go by what the price of a player is on transfermrkt.co.uk to give me an idea of his worth without my biases on the player.

Transfermrkt has his value at £27mil. Which sounds more realistic than £34-£40mil.

£35-40m might have been a bit optimistic but I certainly think £30m isn’t unreasonable for a proven PL International thats coming into his prime. We’ve had an offer of £30m for him last season so I think that’s what we should be aiming for this summer.

£35-40m might have been a bit optimistic but I certainly think £30m isn’t unreasonable for a proven PL International thats coming into his prime. We’ve had an offer of £30m for him last season so I think that’s what we should be aiming for this summer.
Issue is outside of PL the money just isn't there. Dortmund made CL final and can't afford Sancho. Juventus have to sell before they can buy Sancho. We have players on very good wages we can't shift as they won't take a paycut. So we have to reduce the actual transfer fee or pay part of their wages ourselves.

McT counts as homegrown so for PSR/FFP it would be pure profit that can be reinvested.

Issue is outside of PL the money just isn't there. Dortmund made CL final and can't afford Sancho. Juventus have to sell before they can buy Sancho. We have players on very good wages we can't shift as they won't take a paycut. So we have to reduce the actual transfer fee or pay part of their wages ourselves.

McT counts as homegrown so for PSR/FFP it would be pure profit that can be reinvested.

I know the wages are always an issue with us but one of the reasons we’re all so excited about this revamped recruitment team is to not only help us out in bringing players in for good value but also to start getting decent fees for outgoings as well. Now maybe £30m won’t be achievable but it’s far better to start there and negotiate down slightly than to just take the first shitty offer that comes our way.

Being injured all the time, and never available is a significant turn off

Yeah, and to he honest, while it may be slightly better here, even PL teams don't have the kind of money to spend that they used to

And yet, Everton and Benfica want to get rich on selling Branthwaite and Neves to us, as if it is still prime 2019, when money was abundant and clubs were paying stupid transfer fees for even average players (#cough, Maguire)