Tennis 2024

I mean, there's no way Novak is casually allowing him to have a false sense of security, but he's simply not been pushed thanks to the draw he got, too many players had way too much respect for him while just not actually being good enough...

Novak needs to improve and likely will, but Alcaraz is hardly at his peak level either, just kind of making sure he makes his shots mostly unlike last year where he tried to force mega shots early.

Carlos can't buy a first serve in that game but still sees it through. Awful from Novak.

the thing is, it was always Djokovic who was to alter his game and shorten the points, since he's 16 years older, but you can see it doesn't feel like his game at all. I see him taking a single set at best to be honest.

Fed kept introducing new moves and was much better server than Djoko but he still couldn't close the age gap in their late GS encounters while being only 5 years older.

16 years I think is too much when your opponent is Alcaraz. he has nothing to trouble him.

This looks like a changing of the guard, could be quite one sided and over in under two hours at this rate.

Djokovic also now moaning about the crowd, hopefully he gets pumped in straight sets.

the thing is, it was always Djokovic who was to alter his game and shorten the points, since he's 16 years older, but you can see it doesn't feel like his game at all. I see him taking a single set at best to be honest.

Fed kept introducing new moves and was much better server than Djoko but he still couldn't close the age gap in their late GS encounters while being only 5 years older.

16 years I think is too much when your opponent is Alcaraz. he has nothing to trouble him.
I think Fed had the better of ND for most of the time they played, right up until the end as injuries crept in and ND got more consistent.

But then I'm a big fan boy of Fed.

Alcaraz is making Djokovic look old and sad and pathetic. After Sinner did the same in Australia

Like, just retire already grampa. You can't compete anymore :cool:

Alcaraz has been excellent but might be the worst I've ever seen Djokovic play in a slam final. I think he will find his level at some point but it may be too late.

This looks like a changing of the guard, could be quite one sided and over in under two hours at this rate.

Djokovic also now moaning about the crowd, hopefully he gets pumped in straight sets.
I think the changing of the guard to Sinner and Carlos has already happened this season to be honest. Novak is yet to beat a Top 10 player this year and this is his first final. I still think he has a Slam or two left in him but the changing of the guard has definitely happened. That being said, you'd still expect him to beat anyone not named Carlos or Sinner on tour.

Nick Kyrgios clearly missed the Nadal match where he utterly dominated him at RG it seems.

I'm tempted to say this is normal Djokovic and he hasn't even got to limping phase yet, but Alcaraz looks too powerful at the moment. He has to hope that he improves like he usually does, but also for Alcaraz's level to drop.

Alcaraz is making Djokovic look old and sad and pathetic. After Sinner did the same in Australia

Like, just retire already grampa. You can't compete anymore :cool:
Sure he had a favorable draw but making the finals two weeks after a knee surgery is a bit of an achievement in itself. He simply doesn’t have the court coverage or the power to trouble Alcaraz today.

So far this feels a bit like the 2019 AO final between Nadal and Djokovic. Nadal was returning from injury and had a pretty nice draw to the final (playing very well) but ended up getting thumped in the final.

I only really watch Wimbledon but Novak looks almost like he's stuck in the mud a bit

I know he sometimes starts slowly but Carlos is too good to concede this much ground to surely?

He's making errors you wouldn't usually expect him to as well. I don't actually mind him, it's a bit of a sad way to lose, rather than a hard fought battle

Is it due ti his recent return from surgery or is age starting to catch up with him? It's like Ronaldo when he returned to us a yard of pace has gone

So far this feels a bit like the 2019 AO final between Nadal and Djokovic. Nadal was returning from injury and had a pretty nice draw to the final (playing very well) but ended up getting thumped in the final.
Novaks easy draw really hasn't helped tbh. Not playing a single remotely competent player ahead of a challenge as huge as Carlos is just not ideal.

Nick Kyrgios clearly missed the Nadal match where he utterly dominated him at RG it seems.
Nadal did dominate but my memory of that match was that Djokovic didn't play terribly. Recall it being quite a long 6-0 first set.

Novaks easy draw really hasn't helped tbh. Not playing a single remotely competent player ahead of a challenge as huge as Carlos is just not ideal.
Yeah agreed, do you remember his 2016 US Open run as well? He had like 3 walkovers on his route to the final, which he ended up losing to Stan.

Djokovic would have been in a better place had he played AdM and beat him in a tight 3 or 4 set match.

Can't come to the net, can't push his way out of trouble, can't hit marginally risky winners.... Alcaraz is shutting down everything here, brutal.

That last game looked more like the "real" Djokovic. Alcaraz has been so strong today though.

If it continues this way, Novak might finally get the crowd on his side as they won’t want it done in 2 hours.

Carlos is also so much more zoned in when he doesn't celebrate/look to his box so aggressively after every single point too, and far less annoying as a viewer too :lol:

If it continues this way, Novak might finally get the crowd on his side as they won’t want it done in 2 hours.

Called it earlier, if Alcaraz takes this set in the next five mins then it'll be done very quickly.

That last game looked more like the "real" Djokovic. Alcaraz has been so strong today though.
And it vanishes again. Looks like he's got his service back but right now there are no freebies from Alcaraz and Djokovic needs a gear he can't find right now. Every shot has to be from Novak's A game or it gets nowhere.

Can you claim you called it.... when you called it 26 minutes ago? :lol:

This dude is getting Hurkacz'd, if Carlos doesn't win 6-0 in the third, I'll have no respect for him.

Stranger things have happened. Good chance Djokovic would think they're being sarcastic though.

Even by Novaks unreal standards of recovery, would be quite astonishing if he manages to win from here. Carlos isn't a first time Slam finalist so the odds of him getting tight are also low.

Lowest odds Novak has ever been at the changeover at 2 sets for the record, by a reasonable distance too, he's been 2-0 down multiple times, including against Nadal at the RG.... it's all justifiable given he's older and had an injury coming in, but there you go.