Tennis 2024

Djokovic leading in a set for the first time. Let's see how Alcaraz does on his service game...

Kind of weird seeing Joker being so flat. Carlos absolutely dismantling him. I’ve watched enough to him come back before from seemingly impossible positions but I don’t think it will happen. Carlos is serving so much better this match and he raised his game at the right time. VAmos!

Think time has caught up with him. The next generation must be so glad, the old guard’s time is finally up.

Think time has caught up with him. The next generation must be so glad, the old guard’s time is finally up.
In a grand slam match, I'd still fancy Djokovic against any of these younger players other than Sinner and Alcaraz

Carlos is playing exceptionally well, but usually Novak would be able to go toe to toe with him, do we think it's the injury or is age just catching up with hun

Didn't realise it's a 16 year age gap, that's huge in sporting terms

ND just looks so old and slow all of a sudden. He’s nowhere near balls he would have got to a few years ago.

Carlos is playing exceptionally well, but usually Novak would be able to go toe to toe with him, do we think it's the injury or is age just catching up with hun

I think there's the age factor as well. Right now, I think a peak level Alcaraz beats a peak level of this current Djokovic. He can hang with him and potentially beat him but I think Djokovic playing well would probably lose to Alcaraz, he's that good.

Alcaraz has very little interest in playing defensive tennis for long periods and he's got so many aggressive tools in his game that it's unreal. There's only Federer that you could even argue has being a better outright aggressive player.

To me, Novak has looked fairly lacking in motivation this year. That, along with the ditching of Goran and other reshuffling in his team and his various comments about the importance of family and so, I feel like he's a bit done.

Not even competitive unfortunately. Great achievement getting to the final even with the favorable draw but clearly outmatched today.

The pass to bring up break point reminded me of Novaks pass vs Federer 5 years ago.

Wondered where Castles was going with the Tom Cruise comment.

"Usually hanging out the back of..."

:lol: :lol:

Though I do wonder if he'll make the Euros final now there's a clear window opportunity possibly opening, he's the type of lunatic to try isn't he?

You would think he's a registered Republican with the amount of missed shots this match. End of an era for my goat, sadly.

That game might wake Novak up. He needs a quick break here and build momentum.

I suspect the injury isn't helping, but age will be having an impact too. He's looked relatively flat and a small loss of movement, and not having the mobility he's used to can make it look like that.

This whole match feels like he's come to the depressing realization that Carlos is just better than him.