Tennis 2024

75 GS appearances, 37 finals. Every time you read a Djokovic stat it looks more and more bonkers

Also was there on Friday, went to the resale queue at 10, was 101 in the queue and got tickets at like 1630, system worked perfectly and resold tickets go to charity, eminently cool and sensible. Not really their fault you don’t know how the system works.

Also don’t have much time for people with C1 tickets entering resale for CC on a rainy day when everyone with courts 2+ would love any covered seat!
Happy for you.

But what’s the point having CC half empty with tickets not resold?

They should’ve just had the old system of a real queue.

Also that day they screwed over C1’s matches and put the 3 main matches all on CC. Every other day they were split out nicely.

75 GS appearances, 37 finals. Every time you read a Djokovic stat it looks more and more bonkers
He hasn’t lost a single first, second or third round match in any grand slam when he’s gone on to win it.

Happy for you.

But what’s the point having CC half empty with tickets not resold?

They should’ve just had the old system of a real queue.

Obviously it’s annoying but you don’t know that the tickets have left the ground - can always be any of;

people going to the loo, going for a break, going for food or drink, not being bothered about that particular match, leaving the grounds but coming back or leaving the grounds and not having had their ticket scanned. Only the last one I would say cast iron they could do better.

More down to the people with the tickets than the system.

Obviously it’s annoying but you don’t know that the tickets have left the ground - can always be any of;

people going to the loo, going for a break, going for food or drink, not being bothered about that particular match, leaving the grounds but coming back or leaving the grounds and not having had their ticket scanned. Only the last one I would say cast iron they could do better.

More down to the people with the tickets than the system.
But it’s happened way more this Wimbledon than any other year. What’s changed?

He hasn’t lost a single first, second or third round match in any grand slam when he’s gone on to win it.
He may be a farm animal but that would have been beyond even him!

But it’s happened way more this Wimbledon than any other year. What’s changed?

Yeah, I’m not sure about more than any other year but it is noticeable. I think closing the queue at like 5 (and even earlier 1st week I think) was a shit decision.

Weather, top women all going out early, retirements and 1 full side of the men’s draw being wank likely also factors in fairness. A lot of full days on C1 for example have been pretty underwhelming on paper.

Wimbledon crowd has been a bad sport, genuinely awful. Cheering double faults what the heck, glad Krejcikova held her nerves.

bad news for Djoko if his underwhelming serving continue. he can't really afford such long service games at this age.

bad news for Djoko if his underwhelming serving continue. he can't really afford such long service games at this age.
The good news for him is that even Carlos hasn't really served amazingly this tournament.

Carlos has zero respect for Novak's increased charging to the net it seems. But it's doubtful that remains, I would have definitely had Novak winning the first set.

So far this is extremely one sided. Hopefully Alcaraz keeps it up.
I for one would be shocked if Djokovic was to drop the first set. Has he ever managed to come back from losing the first set of a match?

Djokovic looks like he’s coming of a night out. The heck was that 2nd serve

Novak just has nothing to trouble him atm. double break already, Alcaraz never under any kind of pressure.

Nightmare start for Djokovic. Alcaraz has started very well, a reverse of how the final started last year.

Last year I felt the first set was more important for Alcaraz and this year, I feel the first set is more important for Djokovic.

Djokovic doesn't need to win this set but ideally he needs to end this set relatively strongly, so the momentum doesn't feel so much.