Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather becoming a major issue for this tournament now, apparently Federer was sick post match and even Rafa & Djokovic who are usually crazy fit have struggled. Isner is now struggling after 80 minutes , he is probably conserving energy but these are not good conditions

Isner looks fecked. Del Potro really needs to finish him in 4 sets now otherwise it may backfire against Thiem or Nadal

They both looked like they're struggling today. If Nadal makes it to the SF, I think a match in the day would really help him vs Del Po.

Thiem just completely bottled serving out the 3rd set. Nadal 6-5 up now. A break would be amazing.

Rafael bloody Nadal. Just unbelievable.
Thiem threw that away but Nadal was there to take advantage

Nadal might come to regret those 2 BP he just missed. That was the match right there.

Miss BP and then get broken. Just typical 4th set Nadal this tournament

Thiem had the set there. Nadal escapes big time.
Need a break now!

4 BP come and go for Nadal this set. If he loses, he only has himself to blame.

2 sets all. Nadal missed an easy volley for match point, while Thiem has really choked this. Should have won in straights, but Nadal just doesn't go away.

One heck of a bottle job by Nadal in this tb. Misses an absolute sitter of a volley to go MP up and then 4 SHIT errors in the tb. Theim going to win this now.

What a match!

Thiem's backhand on fire at the moment.

Was sure Thiem would bottle this in the fourth, surprised to see him winning the tiebreak.
Still think Nadal will take this as he's mentally stronger.

Was sure Thiem would bottle this in the fourth, surprised to see him winning the tiebreak.
Still think Nadal will take this as he's mentally stronger.
Yeah. I would be shocked if Dominic pulled it off.

Nadal might be mentally stronger but he looks tired. Thiem looks like he can play 5 more sets.

Nadal might be mentally stronger but he looks tired. Thiem looks like he can play 5 more sets.
To be fair, the heat in New York is extreme. Hotter down on the court as well. I reckon they're both hurting.

Looking tired doesn't mean a loss. Years ago, Sampras played Alex Corretja (sp) at this same stage I believe. They'd been going for over 4 hours. Alex looked like he could go another 5 sets, whilst Sampras was throwing up on the court. Guess who won? Yep, Sampras:D

Nadal is just horrendous at BP conversion. Why so passive at the 15-40 BP?! You just know he's not going to break even when he gets these. He needs like 6 BP to make one.

Nadal has just missed so many points at the net that are proving costly. Been the same all tournament

Nadal is an absolute choker. HOW MANY BREAK POINTS DO YOU NEED BLOODY HELL.

Feck break point for Nadal on Thiem's second serve and straight into the net ffs

5/17 on BP. Just bloody horrendous.
Can not believe the second serve he threw into the net on the second BP. Just criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.