Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff from Nishikori. He's been hitting the ball very well this year so not entirely surprising he's gone deep into the Open.

First time ever Nadal wins a Grand Slam game even though he's won fewer games than his opponent.

Don't want to see him overtake Federer so hopefully Del Potro or Djokovic are up to the task.

AO 09 final was 179-178 for Federer.

edit - nvm, you said games not points

Djokovic is lucky. A better player would be after him right now if he’s tired.

Is it just me or Djokovic looks abnormally skinny? To me he looks like a sick patient. Has he always been like this?

Millmans did Djokovic a big favour. Giving him a rest, tablets and physio.

He's always been very skinny. Its just concealed since he usually has a shirt on.

I guess so.

But he doesn't even have the lean mean athletic look. Not much muscles. Just has a sick look.

I guess it doesn't matter if he is able to play like this.

I guess so.

But he doesn't even have the lean mean athletic look. Not much muscles. Just has a sick look.

I guess it doesn't matter if he is able to play like this.

For me its the best physique for a Tennis player since the skinny ones usually have the best cardio and endurance.

Lendl had a very similar physique to Novak back in the day and was considered the fittest athlete on the tour.

14199552_10154214424190865_5243198147925114882_n.jpg

Djoko has not been very good all tournament but just hasn't faced anyone remotely good enough who can challenge him.

He's playing the best tennis of anyone in the tournament.
Del Potro has been better imo. Played more challenging players too in Verdasco, Coric and Isner and none of them are great which shows how weak Novak's draw has been.

Nishikori in the SFs I expect him to win comfortably as he'll be able get back all of his serves. Plus, knowing Nishikori he'll have nothing in the tank either.

Del Potro has been better imo. Played more challenging players too in Verdasco, Coric and Isner and none of them are great which shows how weak Novak's draw has been.

Nishikori in the SFs I expect him to win comfortably as he'll be able get back all of his serves. Plus, knowing Nishikori he'll have nothing in the tank either.

He's definitely played harder opponents but Djokovic has generally dispatched all his opponents with ease while playing at a very high level. He's also coming off winning Wimbledon and Cincinnati over the past couple of months and has been playing the bests tennis on the tour during that stretch.

Djokovic looks borderline malnourished sometimes but it’s not just his skinny arms that make him strong, he’s got monster legs, plus he’s overall one of the most balanced players around.

https://goo.gl/images/v3zWkV

I'm wondering what he has been doing different over the past few months that have pulled him out of his rut he'd been in for the past couple of years. Whatever it is, long may it continue.

I'm wondering what he has been doing different over the past few months that have pulled him out of his rut he'd been in for the past couple of years. Whatever it is, long may it continue.

It was a combination of things. His elbow completley healed after the injury and operation. Vajda coming back to the team was enormous. Also Vajda’s insistence that Novak quits the exposure to any outside influence (meaning Pepe Imaz) and focuses one hundred percent on tennis only. There was also some talk about at least introducing fish in his diet to get some more proteins in, but not sure how much of a game changer that was (Novak talked about his diet in some Serbian media outlet and said he hasn’t changed anything).

He's definitely played harder opponents but Djokovic has generally dispatched all his opponents with ease while playing at a very high level. He's also coming off winning Wimbledon and Cincinnati over the past couple of months and has been playing the bests tennis on the tour during that stretch.
Overall form I'd agree, but I've not been that impressed with him here and more so with Del Po, though he's not needed to elevate his level. I'd fully expect him to up his game if he makes the final.

Agree that Djokovic hasn't looked overwhelming. Could see an issue where he comes undercooked into the finals while Nadal/Del Potro had to beat a variety of different challengers and are well up to their game. Wouldn't surprise me to see one of them winning, would love if Del Potro could make it again.

He's playing the best tennis of anyone in the tournament.
I disagree. Del Po has been better and imo even Nadal has played better tennis. Djoko has dropped sets against poor players, looked in discomfort and not played close to his best.
As for Cincinati, he was VERY poor there other than the final.

I disagree. Del Po has been better and imo even Nadal has played better tennis. Djoko has dropped sets against poor players, looked in discomfort and not played close to his best.
As for Cincinati, he was VERY poor there other than the final.

Dropping a set here and there isn’t an issue. His overall form has been very good and that is reinforced by the fact that he has been more successful than any player on the tour since the end of clay season. He was ranked somewhere in the 20s at the beginning of summer and is now up to 4th (3rd if he wins the Open). Del Porto is playing very well also just as last year so it should be a good set of semi finals.

They played earlier this year. Serena was still working building her fitness up after returning from pregnancy.

Jack Sock has won the US Open mens doubles title with Mike Bryan. They won Wimbledon as well.

Looks like Jack Sock will be at the World Tour Finals two years in a row, but this year as a doubles player.

Nadal/Del Potro coming up. Should be good. Expect Nadal to win as I don't think Delpo will have the energy to deal with Rafa.

What the hell Delpo. Rafa just defending and Delpo throws the set away. Now watch Rafa winning the firsr set and probably the match.

Must take one of these set points surely?

Delpo finally takes the first set.

That play from Delpo:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.