Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've improved as the tournament has gone on. Stream for me now is also much closer to real time that it's not annoying unlike the first couple of days.
The presentation and commentary was good from the start (I'm a Tennis Podcast listener so was going to like it) but I like it that they've taken on board feedback immediately and improved the number of matches available, the quality of streams and the highlights available rather than saying that they'll consider it going forward. I know they have a lot more money behind them but this has reassured me about the future of sports streaming online following Eleven Sports' very poor coverage of the PGA Championship.

Was so nervous at times watching that I'm going to it a night and miss the night matches.

Just seen the order of play for tomorrow and I'm surprised Kyrgios - Federer is a day session match. I was willing to stay up to 2am to watch that one. Certainly won't be for Djokovic vs Gasquet.

Bizarre schuedling. Federer Nick is easily the better t
Khachanov is a very decent player. He certainly can get a grand slam after the big four go away.

Nadals been decent. It was always going to be a tough game. His serve has been pants all year unlike last year. I don’t think it’s ability because he serves well certain games but he has lapse in concentration more frequent.

Zero aces in 4 sets and 4.5 hours is absolutely unacceptable no matter how poor a server you are.

Bizarre scheduling. Federer Nick is easily the better tie.
Doesn't make any sense at all but from a selfish point of view I'm happy.
Yeah stream delay is an issue . I am just happy that I could just pay for a month of Amazon to watch the tournament. It's a pain watching football in this country
My second 30 day free trial :D

Though I'll get it (or maybe Tennis TV) next year when they have the Masters events
The presentation and commentary was good from the start (I'm a Tennis Podcast listener so was going to like it) but I like it that they've taken on board feedback immediately and improved the number of matches available, the quality of streams and the highlights available rather than saying that they'll consider it going forward. I know they have a lot more money behind them but this has reassured me about the future of sports streaming online following Eleven Sports' very poor coverage of the PGA Championship.
Yeah the coverage itself has been good. I'm a listener too and think their podcast is great, certainly enjoy it a lot more than No Challenges Remaining.

Not a fan of streaming services with sports broadcast.

The coverage has been decent. They should have got Marcus to present it. I like Rudseski, Petchey and Courier.

Bizarre schuedling. Federer Nick is easily the better t

Zero aces in 4 sets and 4.5 hours is absolutely unacceptable no matter how poor a server you are.

It’s early in the tournament. Nadal a few years ago would have lost that match. The fact he’s not playing at his best and still winning is a good sign. He wasn’t even great in Canada. He just did enough to win.

Like I said he had a tricky opponent. Djokovic beats some crap opponent in four sets and everyone gets a hard on that he’s going to win the grand slam.

None of the big three have been convincing for me. Djokovic hasn’t come up against anyone decent yet and Gasquet is the perfect opponent for him.

If Wawrinka wins today then you could say he’s back in the fold.

The Williams sisters face off ended up being a complete joke. Serena is back in beast mode.
I think Halep was projected to be Serena's R4 opponent and Mugurza in her QF. Certainly opened up for her.

Not a fan of streaming services with sports broadcast.

The coverage has been decent. They should have got Marcus to present it. I like Rudseski, Petchey and Courier.

It’s early in the tournament. Nadal a few years ago would have lost that match. The fact he’s not playing at his best and still winning is a good sign. He wasn’t even great in Canada. He just did enough to win.

Like I said he had a tricky opponent. Djokovic beats some crap opponent in four sets and everyone gets a hard on that he’s going to win the grand slam.

None of the big three have been convincing for me. Djokovic hasn’t come up against anyone decent yet and Gasquet is the perfect opponent for him.

If Wawrinka wins today then you could say he’s back in the fold.

Nadal has stats and history going against him. He's NEVER defended a HC title in his life and I just don't see it happening here either for some reason. Anderson and Del Po is a tough couple of matches to get through before facing Fed/Djoko.
Also he's usually much better at facing big servers than he was last night. He just could not get a look in on the Khachanov serve from the deuce side.

He's been marginally better than Djoko and Fed so far but I'm not very confident tbh.

Nadal has stats and history going against him. He's NEVER defended a HC title in his life and I just don't see it happening here either for some reason. Anderson and Del Po is a tough couple of matches to get through before facing Fed/Djoko.
Also he's usually much better at facing big servers than he was last night. He just could not get a look in on the Khachanov serve from the deuce side.

He's been marginally better than Djoko and Fed so far but I'm not very confident tbh.
IIRC the commentators were saying his 80% first serves in, during the first 2 sets was extremely high, espcially for someone serving big.

Exactly the guy was serving crazy.

Del Potro should be the one worried about facing Nadal not the other way round considering Nadal seems to knock him out of every slam in the last year.

Obviously he needs to improve. But Nadal gets better as the further he gets in a tournament.

IIRC the commentators were saying his 80% first serves in, during the first 2 sets was extremely high, espcially for someone serving big.
Yup Khacha served brilliantly and hadn't been broken all tournament before this match but Nadal usually returns better against these guys. For example, was brilliant handling Del Po and Anderson last year.
I was just disappointed that he really couldn't adapt to the Khachanov serve when was in the deuce court. It was always the same serve out wide allowing him to totally control the point. He could have maybe tried to come in and reduce the angle sometimes and try change things a bit and give Khacha something to think about.
Exactly the guy was serving crazy.

Del Potro should be the one worried about facing Nadal not the other way round considering Nadal seems to knock him out of every slam in the last year.

Obviously he needs to improve. But Nadal gets better as the further he gets in a tournament.

Yeah Nadal of Week 2 in Slams is far far better than Week 1. Last night really was the type of match he'd lose here. His record at the USO when losing the first set is 7-7 compared to 48-3 when he wins it.

:nervous:

Not sure Roger will win today.... think he's been slightly off all year...

Not surprised to see Roger struggling. He hasn't looked sharp for a while...

Kygrios is such an exciting talented player. Be a shame if he doesn't win a slam or two.

Fed wins first set!

Can't believe Fed has gotten the break already and still not 100% on form imho. Hope it continues.

Oh nice down the line from Fed:drool:

That's true but that particular opponent is somewhat assisting in this process.

Well yes...he's one of the least head strong people on the tour so no matter how well he plays its inevitable he would crumble a some point. Fed is winning this at the net and on winners.

If Kyrgios got his mentality under control he would be great. He really shouldn't be 2 breaks down.

Old man Fed still quick as feck:lol:

Must be frustrating being in your physical peak at your profession and getting destroyed by a 37 year old.

If Kyrgios got his mentality under control he would be great. He really shouldn't be 2 breaks down.
Like the commentators are saying, not having a coach could help his game and mental side so much.

Like the commentators are saying, not having a coach could help his game and mental side so much.
Probably needs someone like Lendl who is tough and doesn't take any shit. Would be a shame if he wasted his talent. Irrespective of his antics I enjoy watching him.

As usual....Federer breaks people in their minds, at which point the racket follows.
Federer was absolutely awful all first set. Nick broke himself.
The second set is the predictable Nick tanking/implosion.

Well this has turned out to be a pretty boring match.
Even the first set was pretty boring really. Federer Nick games are just full of aces or near un-returnable serves which eventually go to a TB. Maybe Djoko-Gasquet as the night match isn't that bad an idea. Atleast it'll have quality rallies.

Fed 2 sets to love up. Really thought this would be tighter. However, still a long way to go. Plus Kyrgios is so up and down, who knows what he will do next?

Fed 2 sets to love up. Really thought this would be tighter. However, still a long way to go. Plus Kyrgios is so up and down, who knows what he will do next?
Going by previous experience, tank it. Typical Nick Kyrgios so far. Blame the rest of the world, have a meltdown and stop giving a crap.

Kyrgios' shot selection is so naive. Its like he thinks his surprise, angular drop shots will work against Federer.

It doesn't bother me personally, but I can definitely see the argument that Kyrgios mimicking Federer's serve mid-match is just daft, particularly when you've had the nonsense with the tanking in the last match.

It doesn't bother me personally, but I can definitely see the argument that Kyrgios mimicking Federer's serve mid-match is just daft, particularly when you've had the nonsense with the tanking in the last match.
It was unnecessary, stupid and childish and exactly the kind of thing Nick would do. Think he also mimicked Nadal's warmup dash to the touchline.

Status
Not open for further replies.