Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferrer injured yet breaks Nadal, who is playing awful in this second set.

Ferrer retires and that’s his last grand slam.

Credit to him he made the most of his talent. If only Kyrgios could learn from him and put the effort in.

Copil was 5-1 up. At 40-0 up in that game and he lost the set 7-5 to Cilic.

Novak wins first set 6:3 against Fuscevics. 33 deegres is not that hot really, don't know why he's sweating so much.

Djokovic seems to be making slightly harder work of it than necessary. But I can't help feeling that something like this might just make him more battle hardened for the second week.

The prime app needs to have info bar of who is playing like the BBC do.

Up watching Rogie. Hope this isn't a long one otherwise I'll be sleeping with my eyes open at my desk tomorrow/today.

I’d be surprised if this guy takes more than two games in each set off Fed.

Can’t see Murray pulling this off unless Verdasco has a drop like in the second set. It’s all dependant on how Verdasco plays rather than Murray because he has nothing about his game at the moment.

Anyone watching Murray/Verdasco? Really good match and some great points being played.

Anyone watching Murray/Verdasco? Really good match and some great points being played.
Yeah I've watched since the beginning of the third set. Been good and even if Murray goes on to lose this, he's certainly on the right path.

Yeah I've watched since the beginning of the third set. Been good and even if Murray goes on to lose this, he's certainly on the right path.
Agreed about Murray. Really hope he gets a win here, but Verdasco playing some awesome stuff as well.

Terrible game from Murray getting broken...

Murray hasn’t been great.

The whole match has been dependant on Verdasco. Murray can’t impose his game on him.

He needs a new coach like I said a million times. He can’t play the same way he was playing 5 years ago or even 2 years ago. Needs to keep points shorter.

Murray out.

I don’t see Del Potro having any trouble with Verdasco.

I think Murray can take a lot from that. A difficult match physically against a good opponent. Certainly areas to improve on, but I fitness permitting, I think Murray can get back near the top 8 again.

Murray played well. He will keep improving.

Impressed by Verdasco today. Great match.

Considering that matches are played so late, and you can't record matches, I'd have thought Amazon would at least have a good highlights section.

I guess the US Open's Youtube channel's two and a half minute match highlights will have to do.

Kyrgios takes the third to go 2-1 up. Fingers crossed he makes it through and played Federer in R3.

Fognini is heading out to Millman so the winner of that the above R3 match will be happy.

Paire has played well in this first set. Feel like he has to win this for it to be a match.

Some good matches today.

Stephens vs Azarenka
Nadal vs Khachanov
Serena vs Venus
Del Po vs Verdasco
Shapovalov vs Anderson
Raonic vs Wawrinka
Coric vs Medvedev (hipster choice)

Some decent line ups in the other half of the draw too.

Depending on scheduling and the like, I could see Kyrgios pushing Federer in the next match. Federer still looks a little wobbly to me and if Kyrgios can try to set the agenda and really start fizzing the ball around then I think he might be able to break down Federer somewhat. The bits I've seen have suggested some of the shanks have crept back into his game.

Based on current form, though, I think Djokovic will comfortably beat whoever comes through that match. He's moving so well that I don't see how Federer particularly can shorten the points sufficiently to take the racquet from his hand.

Depending on scheduling and the like, I could see Kyrgios pushing Federer in the next match. Federer still looks a little wobbly to me and if Kyrgios can try to set the agenda and really start fizzing the ball around then I think he might be able to break down Federer somewhat. The bits I've seen have suggested some of the shanks have crept back into his game.

Based on current form, though, I think Djokovic will comfortably beat whoever comes through that match. He's moving so well that I don't see how Federer particularly can shorten the points sufficiently to take the racquet from his hand.
I imagine the Kyrgios Federer match will certainly be a night match on Ashe.

I've not watched Djokovic's matches but he's dropped a set in both rounds again fair standard opposition, so I don't think he would have it so comfortable in any QF tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.