Tennis 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a super match so far between Rafa and Khachanov! Some brutal hitting as well.

Got no idea how Rafa took that second set. He was absolutely down and out and somehow found his way back in.

Is Nadal going to win/lose this match without hitting a single ace? 2 hours 40 mins, 2.5 sets in and yet not hit an ace.

:lol: That's pathetic tbh, Rafa himself essentially's his biggest enemy here.
He's never a great server but been awful today. Can't get many first serves, cant get aces, every service game is a struggle and when he gets BP on Karen's serve, he inevitably doesn't take them.

6-5 Nadal.
A break now would be great but Nadal is just returning so poorly can't see it happening unless Karen bottles it again like in the second set.

And yet another embarrassment of a return game from Nadal. Lose this set and he's not winning this match. Just way too poor all night.

No exaggeration, that is the worst tie break I've seen in my life. The mediocrity from the both of them was just staggering. Nadal's awful errors, Khachanov's predicable Double faults.

This is such a very very good match. Nadal's experience and sheer fighting ability has held off Kachanov, but honestly the guy could have been the one leading the match if he'd played a couple of key points better.

Not surprising. He's been so poor all match. Never maintains his momentum. Now serving to stay in the set.
I think your exaggerating to say he's played poor all match.

Khachanov has played very well today. Fingerd crossed Rafa can take it to the tie break and win it in four though!

I love the points between these two! I'm already looking forward to seeing these two play each other again!

Rafa wins. Fantastic performance from both players. Some awesome shot making from both.
My favourite match of the tournament so far. Kachanov can all sorts of positives from his performance going forward. He will be troubling the big boys soon if he keeps this level up.

Get in Rafa. That was a tough match To get through, but he did enough when it mattered most.

Don't know a great deal about Basilashvilli up next but Rafa demolished him 6-0 6-1 6-0 at Roland Garros last year.

Get in Rafa. That was a tough match To get through, but he did enough when it mattered most.

Don't know a great deal about Basilashvilli up next but Rafa demolished him 6-0 6-1 6-0 at Roland Garros last year.
Don't believe he'll be a problem for Rafa.

I think your exaggerating to say he's played poor all match.

Khachanov has played very well today. Fingerd crossed Rafa can take it to the tie break and win it in four though!

Khachanov is a very decent player. He certainly can get a grand slam after the big four go away.

Nadals been decent. It was always going to be a tough game. His serve has been pants all year unlike last year. I don’t think it’s ability because he serves well certain games but he has lapse in concentration more frequent.

Was so nervous at times watching that I'm going to it a night and miss the night matches.

Just seen the order of play for tomorrow and I'm surprised Kyrgios - Federer is a day session match. I was willing to stay up to 2am to watch that one. Certainly won't be for Djokovic vs Gasquet.

Don't believe he'll be a problem for Rafa.
I can't imagine so either. Will play one of Thiem or Anderson should the QFs which I think is a decent match up, probably preferring Thiem.

An absolutely incredible match and the guy on court comes in and the first thing he asks is about the 12 minute rain break . What a stupid question

He's not been poor. Both are playing at a high level.
I think Khachanov was exceptional. How such a big man returns so well was an absolute mystery to me.

As for Rafa, I found him way below par.

Things that were not working:
1) Serve: ZERO aces in 4.5 hours is shocking.
2) Net play: Usually so good and secure at the net, he was absolutely woeful by his standards. Maybe the knee issue?
3) Backhand: His biggest weapon of the year and it didn't fire at all. One BH winner in 4.5 hours is poor.

Nadal had moments where he played well but he could just get no momentum going at all. He got lucky with the Double Faults Khachanov threw in at the most crucial of times.

Really enjoying the Amazon coverage of the tournament, streaming is without doubt the future
I think they've improved as the tournament has gone on. Stream for me now is also much closer to real time that it's not annoying unlike the first couple of days.

Was so nervous at times watching that I'm going to it a night and miss the night matches.

Just seen the order of play for tomorrow and I'm surprised Kyrgios - Federer is a day session match. I was willing to stay up to 2am to watch that one. Certainly won't be for Djokovic vs Gasquet.

Bizarre scheduling. Federer Nick is easily the better tie.
Khachanov is a very decent player. He certainly can get a grand slam after the big four go away.

Nadals been decent. It was always going to be a tough game. His serve has been pants all year unlike last year. I don’t think it’s ability because he serves well certain games but he has lapse in concentration more frequent.

Zero aces in 4 sets and 4.5 hours is absolutely unacceptable no matter how poor a server you are.

Yeah stream delay is an issue . I am just happy that I could just pay for a month of Amazon to watch the tournament. It's a pain watching football in this country

Status
Not open for further replies.