Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

Yeh I’ve never been a fan of Munya, find his tiktok comedy kind of annoying, but I’m quite enjoying him. I think this show has been great for changing perceptions of certain contestants, where they’re only known for a certain brand of comedy but then having a vehicle to be a bit more ‘themself’ endears the audience to them more.
Both him and Millican have been like that for me so far. As you say comedians sometimes develop a brand that they play up to then this kind of setting shows the genuinely funny person that’s within that character

Dara got 30 points that episode. That must be the first time that happened one person winning every task in an episode.

Yeah it’s been a strong start. The live task was great, and I thought overall the tasks were better and more creative than the first week. Can already tell Dara knows how to play the game better than the others,

Have to hand it to fern that was probably the funniest two words ever said on taskmaster.

Yeah it’s been a strong start. The live task was great, and I thought overall the tasks were better and more creative than the first week. Can already tell Dara knows how to play the game better than the others,
We thought Chris Ramsey did the same last time though, maybe this is all leading to John Kearns walking away with it.

Can't spot a grape though

That sabatage task is up there with the best things Taskmaster has ever done.

I know John Kearn's humour isn't for everyone but I like it and the entire cast is excellent again

In John Kearn overload at the moment, as he is on this show, and also was on this week's House of Games on BBC 2!

The confusion in the studio when they seemingly assumed Fern was doing a racist Chinese talking because they didn’t realise she speaks some mandarin was very awkward.

It’s been a superb start to the series, everyone is very funny good in their roles. Munya I don’t like his videos when I come across them but when he’s being an actual person he is very funny.

The confusion in the studio when they seemingly assumed Fern was doing a racist Chinese talking because they didn’t realise she speaks some mandarin was very awkward.

It’s been a superb start to the series, everyone is very funny good in their roles. Munya I don’t like his videos when I come across them but when he’s being an actual person he is very funny.

Divide and conga

Thought the sabotage task was better here then in the New Zealand Balloon task.

John was the perfect person for it too

I thought John would just be another David Baddiel but he’s been so much more. They’ve all been good but him and Dara have been great.

Good episode again last night. John arguing that the bubble machine was on for 5 minutes before doing anything :lol:

I’ve watched the first 4 episodes of the current series (I think Dara/Fern etc?) after seeing a couple of clips online. Have never watched Taskmaster before. But it’s very good. Will delve into previous series I think.

Was actually quite touching when Sarah M spoke about the singing. Glad she won after that
Mixed feelings. It was cathartic for her, but hers and Munya's songs were easily a level or two below the others. His was surprisingly bad given it's his bread and butter. Fern was robbed!

Great episode, 3 great tasks and John's song was the highlight.

I also had no idea that Tarp was an abbreviation...

3 episodes in it’s been a great series so far. Dara will always be my favourite but Fern is hilarious as well. Had never hear of John but he’s brilliant. Sarah is always good for a random one liner. Munya is definitely less annoying than he was on Masterchef. Like someone else said, he’s funny when he’s just being himself. The sabotage task was one of the best tasks in ages!

Dara is probably going to set a record for the biggest lead over a series. What a try hard.

Dara would have been best in an early series where nobody knew the craic. It's been a very good series so far though, decent tasks and there's not a single contestant you can dislike. Also, I doubt there's a single person watching this who doesn't at least have a little thing for Fern Brady now.

On another note we watched the rebooted Never mind the Buzzcocks series recently too...Greg is a genius when it comes to carrying these shows.

I’ve watched the first 4 episodes of the current series (I think Dara/Fern etc?) after seeing a couple of clips online. Have never watched Taskmaster before. But it’s very good. Will delve into previous series I think.
You're in for a treat. There's a bit of a dip around when covid had an impact on the tasks and filming but thats around 10/11 series in. On the whole it is great telly.

I just wish I could get Fern and John's songs out of my head. It was a mistake rewatching them!

I like Dara, but he is sucking the joy out of the competition a bit, and I think he's being scored very generously. Fern has had the opposite treatment.