Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

I think his haplessness during tasks is proper legit and hilarious in itself, but I do think he knows it’s hilarious and plays up to it in the studio quite a bit now too, which I’m fine with!

His ability to just barely miss things is hilarious. Like when the task blew away from him, or when he was feeling everywhere but where he put the tail :lol:

There's a small part of me that wonders if he had another envelope saying if he purposely came bottom of the whole thing snd nobody guessed he gets x bonus points.

Don't think they'd go that far but you never know. He probably is just a bit hopeless.

There's a small part of me that wonders if he had another envelope saying if he purposely came bottom of the whole thing snd nobody guessed he gets x bonus points.

Don't think they'd go that far but you never know. He probably is just a bit hopeless.

Nah, that only works for team tasks. Otherwise it would be Taskmaster: Now You See Me Edition, it'd just be unsatisfying.

Fern and John in particular have been great this season. Alex Horne has a good eye for relatively unknown talent.

Amelia!!!! I remember speaking to her earlier this year about how much she wanted to be on taskmaster. Quite gutted it’s only for an episode.

An episode too many. That's the problem with Munya as good as he is it might lead to more you tube twats getting on who are not good and won't be

An episode too many. That's the problem with Munya as good as he is it might lead to more you tube twats getting on who are not good and won't be
Shes not really like her schtick in real life, she’s very funny.

Nah, that only works for team tasks. Otherwise it would be Taskmaster: Now You See Me Edition, it'd just be unsatisfying.

Agree. Think it'd be unfair.

Fern and John in particular have been great this season. Alex Horne has a good eye for relatively unknown talent.

Definitely. The stand up community generally know eachother well from the circuit and i think a lot have come through the Edinburgh fest scene. I know John has won there a few times and it's where Horne first trialled the show.

It was good to see her finally win an episode yesterday. It's been a good series, even if Dara has run away with it a bit.

Having enjoyed Fern in this, we watched British as Folk on the Dave website, which was good. It also made a hit more sense of one of the funniest things we watched during lockdown:

It was good to see her finally win an episode yesterday. It's been a good series, even if Dara has run away with it a bit.

Having enjoyed Fern in this, we watched British as Folk on the Dave website, which was good. It also made a hit more sense of one of the funniest things we watched during lockdown:

Before Sarah completely failed in the live task she was only 3 points behind Dara, now up to 8. She could easily have won it from there

Before Sarah completely failed in the live task she was only 3 points behind Dara, now up to 8. She could easily have won it from there
Yeah, it had been getting very close between them. I think that live task has sealed it for Dara.

Thought the script task was really good. Munya's one :lol:.

Yeah, it had been getting very close between them. I think that live task has sealed it for Dara.

Thought the script task was really good. Munya's one :lol:.
The live task where Jon was shaking his head killed me. :lol:

They had a series where the 5 first winners competed, i would love it if they made one with the 5 worst.
Would be the best season by a ridicolus margin!

I also just got it to play on Christmas Day :lol:
:lol: I just had a look at the rules (not the tasks), dont forget to set a prize task to your guests and if you scan the QR code at the front theres a riddle for a bonus point, and you can print a PDF envelope for your tasks.

I got it last year.

Didn't really end up playing it because some of the tasks were a bit too much for chilled game on Xmas evening. Iirc you need a lot of props and things to complete tasks.
Is that the longer version or the shorter one?

fecking hell.

7WNshLu.png

And there was this post on Taskmaster Reddit a couple of months ago:

Leaked lineup going around on twitter. Can't see one of the names doing it but would be interesting if he did.

Not my predicted line up as usual but excited by it. Frankie Boyle is a bit of surprise for it but he is better when he isn't doing stand up for me.

Also as a fan of Ghosts on BBC Taskmaster is certainly doing the business for me

Frankie will be class. I'm like 3 seasons behind and haven't watched in ages. How are the last few seasons are they worth it?

Frankie will be class. I'm like 3 seasons behind and haven't watched in ages. How are the last few seasons are they worth it?

In my opinion they are brilliant. It's been on a real roll recently every season seems better than the one before. The only ones I never really liked were seasons 6, 8, and 10

Heard Ivo Graham on the Football Cliches podcast and liked him. He’s quite weird and has a niche attention to detail in a good way.

I am a fan of Ivo, and I think he'll be a great contestant. Been expecting him to be on sooner or later.

I'm going to miss some of this season's lot, especially Fern. Hadn't heard of her prior to this, but I'll be hoping to see more of her in the future.

Main thing I know Ivo Graham from is that Off Menu.

I'm actually genuinely shocked that Dara won, for one very simple reason. I listen to the Taskmaster Podcast, and since it began in Series 10 the champion has always been on the final episode. This series Dara was on earlier and Sara hadn't been on yet, so as soon as Dara appeared I knew that he wasn't going to win after all.

Good finale, that. The grape task was in the NZ version, though the challenges were different.

Main thing I know Ivo Graham from is that Off Menu.

During lockdown 1 he presented a YouTube quiz series, where he'd get a bunch of comedians for a virtual pub quiz. That was the first time I saw him and he came across quite well in that. Quite sharp and witty. I'm expecting him to be quite thoughtful with the tasks. Not necessarily good, mind - that's always harder to predict.

Really great programme this, watched the finale last night.

Next seasons contestants look interesting - when does it start anyone know?

Really great programme this, watched the finale last night.

Next seasons contestants look interesting - when does it start anyone know?

I don't think it's confirmed yet, but it looks like under C4 they've moved to two seasons a year - one around March/April, one in September, so it might be a bit of a wait for Season 15.

They do have the New Year special coming though, which is where they rope in non-comedians that might not be a good fit for a 10-episode season. This year they've got Carol Vorderman and Mo Farah.