Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

Surprised Alex is now ripping tasks off the New Zealand taskmaster. Although it is a great task in fairness.

The show is his idea therefore he cannot rip anything off. He allows other countries to have their own version of the show.

Without his creation they would have nothing

Also very few people outside those countries would ever watch another version of the show

John might be my favourite ever contestant. He's incredible

Surprised Alex is now ripping tasks off the New Zealand taskmaster. Although it is a great task in fairness.

Pretty sure he's listed as an executive producer in TM NZ... But yeah, I imagine all the TMs have some form of collaboration between them

You're in for a treat. There's a bit of a dip around when covid had an impact on the tasks and filming but thats around 10/11 series in. On the whole it is great telly.

I’m on series 5 and I haven’t had feelings for Sally Phillips like this since I’m Alan Partridge around 25 years ago

Dara realising how badly he’d messed up one of the tasks was hilarious, particularly given how competitive he is. Enjoyed that task generally - I wonder at what point Alex would have suggested that they open the envelope.

Not to continue on the recent caf trend of hatred against those with speech tics, I noticed that after anything Dara says that's meant to be funny, he does a little 'ehhh...' or similar. It's mildly off putting.

Not to continue on the recent caf trend of hatred against those with speech tics, I noticed that after anything Dara says that's meant to be funny, he does a little 'ehhh...' or similar. It's mildly off putting.
Does my head in.

I have that exact hammer from the prize tasks, and I bought it after reading about someone who drove off a pier or something. Haven't had to use it yet, but I'll be ready :lol:
Do you want to swap it for a sort of disc line-up toy that will showcase your intelligence?

The feather task :lol: when they realised the bath wasn’t outside

Munya having a dream episode tonight. All that training finally paid off

I just love Ferns voice, she'd be brilliant in voice over work in animation.

Loved how fecked off Fern and her team looked with the Henry Hoover reveal at the end. Absolutely cheated!

John nearly pulled it out of the bag for them if his switch has stood.

The pairing of the teams have been brilliant this time. Munya and Sarah have an amazing chemistry together and Dara trying to cope with Fern and John is hilarious.

Every task John does not I keep wondering if he is trying to sabatage it he has been amazing

A really funny episode I thought. John is just broken. When Greg pulled him up for picking out a black person's hand :lol:.

Great job by Munya on the hand task. It is one of those where you just know that there is some workaround provided but don't think I'd have been able to make the connection Munya did.

I would have done what Sarah did though and made some sort of gesture with my hand when the photo was being taken - you've surely got to be suspicious when Alex wants to take a photo of your hand thinking it'll probably be used for something later.

I watched the Horne Section TV Show and it isn't that bad, though it does heavily feature a certain poster's favourite contestant.

Great job by Munya on the hand task. It is one of those where you just know that there is some workaround provided but don't think I'd have been able to make the connection Munya did.

I would have done what Sarah did though and made some sort of gesture with my hand when the photo was being taken - you've surely got to be suspicious when Alex wants to take a photo of your hand thinking it'll probably be used for something later.

I watched the Horne Section TV Show and it isn't that bad, though it does heavily feature a certain poster's favourite contestant.
:lol:

I watched it as well and thought it was OK. I'll definitely watch all the series.

I doubt I'll grow to love it anywhere near as much as Taskmaster and the equally wonderful No More Jockeys. But nice to have another Alex Horne show to watch.

Great episode again :lol:

My hand was one of those on the wall. I managed to spot it in the Twitter post they made.

It was that weird one that Fern spotted, wasn’t it?

Honestly when I was trying to find it they did all stop looking like hands and more like demon claws :lol: Felt like mine was one of the more normal looking ones.

Honestly when I was trying to find it they did all stop looking like hands and more like demon claws :lol: Felt like mine was one of the more normal looking ones.
How did you get involved with that?

John is just great. Up there with my favourite ever contestants.

He's class

How much credit do you give him for it being intentional/the character and how much is just him being him and being unintentionally funny?

Heard about the show, flicked through it on tv years ago. I only just started watching the short clips on YouTube after a recommendation. Really fun watch. Love the one where Lee Mack asks a perplexed random woman to take the loo roll and drive off with it :lol:

He's class

How much credit do you give him for it being intentional/the character and how much is just him being him and being unintentionally funny?
I think his haplessness during tasks is proper legit and hilarious in itself, but I do think he knows it’s hilarious and plays up to it in the studio quite a bit now too, which I’m fine with!

Yeah John is great, and if he is playing up his uselessness a bit, it's not obvious so it's fine.