Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

Ardal in that shower curtain has to be one of the all time great taskmaster moments.

What was going thorough his mind :lol:

Could've put 0, just zipped the bag up and won. :lol: :lol:

Great episode. Sophie with a clanger, Chris somehow in with a chance to win.

Judys mind blown with the shows educated game “hacks” as she threw away another show win :lol: she’s been brilliant as the series went on, annoying at first but just really grew on me.

The genuine disappointment on Judy's face actually made me feel sorry for her for a second. The level of competitiveness in this season is very funny to watch

It's really been a classic season so far. Really enjoyed it, and glad to see that it was the circumstances of the previous two seasons that led to it feeling a bit flat and tired.

Judy and especially Sophie looked genuinely gutted at the end when Judy once again screwed up at the death :lol:

I think Sophie tanked it on purpose so that Judi could get more points to seal the win if she was successful.

Alex was brutal saying that if Judi had wrote down 1 or 0 cans, she still would have won.

I think Sophie tanked it on purpose so that Judi could get more points to seal the win if she was successful.

Alex was brutal saying that if Judi had wrote down 1 or 0 cans, she still would have won.

Yup, I think you are right there. As much as we all love the competitiveness in TM, it's also great to see the rest of the cast actively rooting for one of themselves too.

Yes and in the process let Chris get close to her now for the series win.

You put an aubergine in my mouth. :lol:

This has been a classic season

Good series that! Surprised they didn’t tease series 14 at the end.

Yeah, really enjoyed that season. Ardal and Bridget in particular were hilarious, and there were quite a few memorable tasks. Sausage mixer will go down as a classic.

You put an aubergine in my mouth. :lol:

This has been a classic season

We need to see this unused task….

Great series. Sophie hung on in there! Although Greg had ample opportunity to give wider scoring in the finale, felt a bit of matching scores!

Some good laugh out loud moments for me. A good series overall IMO. Looking forward to next week.

So chances are they still show the line up for season 14 at the end of next week's special.

Any guesses as to who will be on the next season?

I have seen a lot of rumours around Sarah Millican for one

So chances are they still show the line up for season 14 at the end of next week's special.

Any guesses as to who will be on the next season?

I have seen a lot of rumours around Sarah Millican for one

I hope not, can't stand her.

Although convoluted I liked the bike/duck task due to the fact that there were so many workarounds (moving the arrows was genius and taking the basket off was great too). Feels like some tasks have lacked that imagination sometimes.

Going by Greg Davies and twitter last night I never realised how confused English people can get by an Irish person saying cert instead of certificate.

It's like they really never heard of it before

Just finished the show, one of the better seasons.... or series as you weirdly call it.

I didn't know any of the contestants from before, but have seen Chris a couple times.
Surprised when reading through the last few pages that so many of you like Judy, i found her annoying. The other 4 were great, especially Ardal, he's up there with eh... Woznisomething as my favourite of all contestants.

Although convoluted I liked the bike/duck task due to the fact that there were so many workarounds (moving the arrows was genius and taking the basket off was great too). Feels like some tasks have lacked that imagination sometimes.
I wonder if Alex actually tested it beforehand - he was absolutely knackered after each clip.

At the start of the series I thought Chris would be good at the imagination/finding loopholes part with him being such a big fan of the show - and he was at times with the words on the ducks - but in the end others were better with Judi getting Alex to help move the cups for the cup snake and Bridget taking the basket off (though she cocked up the one duck at a time bit).

Really enjoyable series. The series 14 teaser will definitely be after CoC2. At some point they should use the gap between Taskmaster series to air episodes featuring tasks that didn't make the final cut.

Ardal's "The House Queens and Bez" line was great. Criminal that he isn't verified on twitter.

I wonder if Alex actually tested it beforehand - he was absolutely knackered after each clip.

At the start of the series I thought Chris would be good at the imagination/finding loopholes part with him being such a big fan of the show - and he was at times with the words on the ducks - but in the end others were better with Judi getting Alex to help move the cups for the cup snake and Bridget taking the basket off (though she cocked up the one duck at a time bit).

Really enjoyable series. The series 14 teaser will definitely be after CoC2. At some point they should use the gap between Taskmaster series to air episodes featuring tasks that didn't make the final cut.

Ardal's "The House Queens and Bez" line was great. Criminal that he isn't verified on twitter.

Oh I missed the Bez line I knew he said something about Bridget that makes sense now :lol:

Surprisingly few who did the "an the time starts......" and delayed it, like they have done a lot in the other seasons.
Expected atleast Chris to do that.

Just finished it, great series. Wonder what the aubergine task was?! :lol:

One team, one dream, we all scream for the house queens...

DistortedElderlyConey-size_restricted.gif

Yeah, one of the very best Taskmaster series. Hope many more are to come!

I’m trying to think of comedians who have not yet appeared and who I’d like to see:
  • Dara Ó Briain
  • Henning Wehn
  • Dawn French
  • Rob Brydon
Shame Sean Lock never did it.

Last edited:

I’m trying to think of comedians who have not yet appeared and who I’d like to see:
  • Dara Ó Briain
  • Henning Wehn
  • Dawn French
  • Rob Brydon

I think Harry Hill might be good but not sure he would do it. Tom Davies could be good too

I wonder if they will ever bring back a previous contestant not a winner there are so many I'd love to see again

I would be surprised if Rhys James and Sarah Millican are not in the next season going by who they are following on Instagram and Twitter recently.

• Dara Ó Briain
  • Henning Wehn
  • Dawn French
  • Rob Brydon

Richard Ayoade and Tez Illays are my top two... David Mitchell would be in there but he's already said he wouldn't do it.

Someone like Henning Wehn would also be fun I think. Has there ever been a contestant where English has been their second language?

Richard Ayoade and Tez Illays are my top two... David Mitchell would be in there but he's already said he wouldn't do it.

Someone like Henning Wehn would also be fun I think. Has there ever been a contestant where English has been their second language?
I would like that too. I spent an afternoon with him and his dad once. Tez seemed nice enough, but his dad is a big United fan and a lovely guy. Told me he supported United after he tried to go and watch Blackburn (his local team) but was racially abused by their fans. He said when he watched United, the home fans took him under their wing when the opposition fans started to give him shit, and told him he was 'one of us'.

We recorded a podcast, although that story was told to me after recording had ended, annoyingly.