Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

I would like that too. I spent an afternoon with him and his dad once. Tez seemed nice enough, but his dad is a big United fan and a lovely guy. Told me he supported United after he tried to go and watch Blackburn (his local team) but was racially abused by their fans. He said when he watched United, the home fans took him under their wing when the opposition fans started to give him shit, and told him he was 'one of us'.

We recorded a podcast, although that story was told to me after recording had ended, annoyingly.

Cheers for this - I'll give it a listen.

Saw Tez do stand-up last year and he was hilarious - he's also always great value whenever he appears on Fighting Talk, so yeah, I think he'd be great on this.

Ayoade was the best thing about Travelman and near everything he's in.
QuestionableIndelibleConch-max-1mb.gif

Line up for next series

Dara O'Briain
Fern Brady
John Kearns
Sarah Millican
Munya Chawawa

I called Dara, the missus said Fern.

Ugh, Millican. She's just awful live.

Can't wait for her to end up being the best one on this though now I've said that! :lol:

I thought the same of Judy Love but I thought she was brilliant

Slightly nervous as that looks a great line up I just hope it delivers.

Will be interesting to see Dara's approach to the tasks and John Kearns is bound to do some very weird things in his goes.

The only one I haven't really seen is Fern and to be honest on first look I'm gonna like her no matter what she does:D

Next season starting tomorrow. I feel like the format is a bit jaded at this point, but I'm sure I'll still watch it and there'll be some great moments.

Next season starting tomorrow. I feel like the format is a bit jaded at this point, but I'm sure I'll still watch it and there'll be some great moments.

I still think it's great if you have good contestants. Season 13 was definitely up there with the best.

I still think it's great if you have good contestants. Season 13 was definitely up there with the best.
Yeah in fairness, just reminded myself who was in that one, and it was good. Maybe I'm the one who has become old and jaded

Last season was one of the best.

I was just about to say, I don't think things can be jaded, you're jaded about them.
That may be the case in the fancy Queen's English you presumably learned.

Not looking forward to Sarah Millican but happy to be wrong about that.

Acting like a right bunch of Woosters in here right now.

That chicken :lol:
Good first episode, this looks like it might be a good line-up.

What’s Munya Chawawa like? Was hoping he got booted off Masterchef as early as possible as he was annoying as feck. Will definitely give him another chance as a few comedians I don’t mind have come across as trying too hard on other contest shows though. Judi Love was another but she was way better on Taskmaster. Should be worth it just for Dara alone.

The tasks didn't really give the contestants any room to be funny, creative or tactical.

Still thought it was a decent enough first episode though.

What’s Munya Chawawa like? Was hoping he got booted off Masterchef as early as possible as he was annoying as feck. Will definitely give him another chance as a few comedians I don’t mind have come across as trying too hard on other contest shows though. Judi Love was another but she was way better on Taskmaster. Should be worth it just for Dara alone.
Depends how much you like LeBron James tbh.

I just noticed that there's a third season of Taskmaster NZ. Anyone seen it? Season 2 was great, but Season 1 was meh.
No, but I'll definitely be looking for it now as they're a really good watch.

I think he will be the star this season and I'm a huge Dara fan but Munya and Sarah Millican make a good team for the team tasks.

Fern Brady is seriously hot and probably really funny if I could just understand her.

It's like watching Tom Hardy act I know he's great but just can't understand a
Word.

I think he will be the star this season and I'm a huge Dara fan but Munya and Sarah Millican make a good team for the team tasks.

Fern Brady is seriously hot and probably really funny if I could just understand her.

It's like watching Tom Hardy act I know he's great but just can't understand a
Word.
I’ve never minded Sarah Millican. Not seen much of her stand up but she’s always a laugh on the panel show circuit. Plus she’s married to Gary Delaney so we’ve got similar taste in comedians.

I’ve only seen Fern Brady on that roast battle show and they always go for her accent :lol:

why LeBron James? :lol:
I’m an admirer despite having no interest in Basketball.
It's just something that pops up once or twice during the show. Greg Davies' reaction to it is exactly what I did when my daughter mentioned it.

It's just something that pops up once or twice during the show. Greg Davies' reaction to it is exactly what I did when my daughter mentioned it.
I guess I’ll know when I see it! Managed to clear a couple of series off the watchlist so this’ll be next.

I’ve never minded Sarah Millican. Not seen much of her stand up but she’s always a laugh on the panel show circuit. Plus she’s married to Gary Delaney so we’ve got similar taste in comedians.

I’ve only seen Fern Brady on that roast battle show and they always go for her accent :lol:

It's weird I just have trouble with Scottish accents anyway.

Season 3 of the New Zealand version is worth a watch. Binged through a good amount of it at the weekend.

Was a good episode, the grapes and the duck/sock challenges were a fun watch.
I'm not entirely sure half of Dara's laminated instructions should have counted though.

I just noticed that there's a third season of Taskmaster NZ. Anyone seen it? Season 2 was great, but Season 1 was meh.

It's probably the weakest season so far, but still good - largely 'cos the Tasks are generally pretty well thought out.

Jeremy Wells is much better this season then in the previous two... feels more like he's coming into his own. Paul Williams is still great.

Dara bossed it. Did great on the live task with how Fern and John were no help at all.

Great bunch of contestants. Can tell the rest of this series is going to be enjoyable.

Dara bossed it. Did great on the live task with how Fern and John were no help at all.

Great bunch of contestants. Can tell the rest of this series is going to be enjoyable.
Yeh I’ve never been a fan of Munya, find his tiktok comedy kind of annoying, but I’m quite enjoying him. I think this show has been great for changing perceptions of certain contestants, where they’re only known for a certain brand of comedy but then having a vehicle to be a bit more ‘themself’ endears the audience to them more.