Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

Sausage mixer will go down as one of the greatest moments in TM history. Surprised it passed health and safety
6h2tqp.jpg

Alex getting increasingly annoyed by Bridget is one of my favourite bits from this season..

Alex : Just walk normally

Bridget : I am walking normally!

*proceeds to walk like a feckin lunatic*

I still haven't recovered from that blatent attack on the Irish today in last night's final task by Judi love.

Her only chance to finally won an episode and instead of going for it she attacked our Irish hero instead who was not even in the running.

This is an outrage hopefully Channel 4 will issue an apology

Another great episode. Loved the bit where Ardal tried the balance the wooden spoon after Chris doing the ladder :lol:

Ardal and Chris are brilliant contestants, and I didn't particularly like Chris before TM. Judy has been better than I expected, too.

Another great episode. Loved the bit where Ardal tried the balance the wooden spoon after Chris doing the ladder :lol:

Ardal and Chris are brilliant contestants, and I didn't particularly like Chris before TM. Judy has been better than I expected, too.

"How can I kill you with your own shoe" :lol:

Chris is like if you built someone to do well at Taskmaster, has a general all round level of competence at random shit.

Chris is like if you built someone to do well at Taskmaster, has a general all round level of competence at random shit.

He's obviously a huge fan of the show which is surprisingly rare in the show as most contestants weirdly have little idea of what the show is about before signing up.

Chris though is someone who wanted to be on the show so much and it's aware that there is usually a trick to the tasks that he is constantly looking for.

Unlike say Richard Herring who was similarly a fan Chris seems more like Ed Gamble and aware that he has to combine doing well with being entertaining as well.

He's obviously a huge fan of the show which is surprisingly rare in the show as most contestants weirdly have little idea of what the show is about before signing up.

Chris though is someone who wanted to be on the show so much and it's aware that there is usually a trick to the tasks that he is constantly looking for.

Unlike say Richard Herring who was similarly a fan Chris seems more like Ed Gamble and aware that he has to combine doing well with being entertaining as well.
Apparently he'd not watched much of it before they asked him to take part, due to him feeling envyous of all his mates who'd been on it already!

She can borrow a dog whenever she wants don't you know?

Been a great series but prob one of the weaker episodes tonight task-wise. Funniest was the stage task and Judi being Judi :lol:

This has overtaken series 4 as my favourite so far. The only way next series can potentially live up is if they somehow get Karl Pilkington.

Sophie is seriously hot weirdly obsessed with death and going to win.

Chris was genuinely disgusted when the series score was announced, he really wants to win it :lol:

Chris was genuinely disgusted when the series score was announced, he really wants to win it :lol:

Yeah I've felt he's been better when he is not trying to win it so much.

Don't think I've seen Alex lose it as much as he's doing in this series. Ardal especially seems to make him burst into laughter

Yeah I've felt he's been better when he is not trying to win it so much.

Don't think I've seen Alex lose it as much as he's doing in this series. Ardal especially seems to make him burst into laughter

And Bridget seemed to actually piss him off during the "Guess the Shoe" task.

Sausage mixer will go down as one of the greatest moments in TM history. Surprised it passed health and safety
Surely he must have played/created it before... Maybe sausage swingball or something, instead of the mixer.

If not, how would you think of that so quickly?! :lol:

There have been high points to this season but I still wouldn't have it near the Acaster series. I may be viewing it through my Wozniak lenses but I also think last season was better (once you got over the volume issues).

There have been high points to this season but I still wouldn't have it near the Acaster series. I may be viewing it through my Wozniak lenses but I also think last season was better (once you got over the volume issues).
Having the audience and them sitting beside each other makes a massive difference that I just can’t rate last season up there, as great as Mike was. He deserved an audience for all his lunacy.

the show is always at its best when they are super competitive and into it which they’ve all been this season.

Having the audience and them sitting beside each other makes a massive difference that I just can’t rate last season up there, as great as Mike was. He deserved an audience for all his lunacy.

the show is always at its best when they are super competitive and into it which they’ve all been this season.

Geordie fella, who's name currently escapes me annoys me a bit. Similar to Ed Gamble.

Also the young woman is about as funny as an exposed haemorrhoid. The rest are good though.

I agree the live banter is much better this series though.

Geordie fella, who's name currently escapes me annoys me a bit. Similar to Ed Gamble.

Also the young woman is about as funny as an exposed haemorrhoid. The rest are good though.

Sophie Duker? Feel like she's been decent.

I've liked them all. Judy especially has subverted my expectations.

Chris is just super competitive and it shows sometimes, but he's also very good at it, and sausage mixer was great. I liked Gamble too, though.

Ardal is just... lovely. I want him to be my friend.

Sophie Duker? Feel like she's been decent.

I can only remember Ardal and Judi.

I really don't find her in anyway entertaining. I didn't like the older woman at first either but she's really grown on me as the series went on.

I've liked them all. Judy especially has subverted my expectations.

Chris is just super competitive and it shows sometimes, but he's also very good at it, and sausage mixer was great. I liked Gamble too, though.

Ardal is just... lovely. I want him to be my friend.

Judi is brilliant, as is Ardal, in a dopey, daft uncle kind of way.

It may be conformation bias but he's basically just Dougal.

Judi is brilliant, as is Ardal, in a dopey, daft uncle kind of way.

It may be conformation bias but he's basically just Dougal.
You think? I actually find he's come across as incredibly intelligent and witty on it. I was expecting another grump like Alan Davies.

You think? I actually find he's come across as incredibly intelligent and witty on it. I was expecting another grump like Alan Davies.

Obviously not as stupid as Dougal and it may just me only really knowing him as Dougal, but he just reminds me of him with the way he acts.

Oh I was starting to wonder if one of the previous champions was refusing to come back for this mostly Liza as her season was weak and I've always read some comments she wasn't exactly great to have on the show.

Lou Saunders is airways good for chaos and Ed is obviously a taskmaster superfan who understands what's needed to make the show work

Definitely Wozniak lense. This season has been by far the best since pre pandemic.

Agree that it's not up there with the very best though. As well as the Acaster series, I'd rate Season 2 above it as well, and think you can make a case for 3, 4, and 5 all being higher too.