Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

I love Taskmaster!!

This looks like a really good series, loved the way Judy tried to talk her way out of things, she reminds me a bit of myself in that!

Might be the best episode since pre covid? Maybe not but felt long overdue as the last few series have been mixed and missing something.

I like all of the contestants so far which is a good start.

Agree that Chris will run away with it. Sophie and Bridget will do pretty well but fall short. Judy and Ardel will be miles off. Basically the season will follow the same path as the first episode.

So much better with a live audience back.

Judy Love is what Bertie Wooster thought Desiree Burch would be.

So much better with a live audience back.

Judy Love is what Bertie Wooster thought Desiree Burch would be.

I'm such a narcissist I'm sorry.

Zqkc2PM.png

Did anyone else feel that the editing was a bit hurried during the footage of the tasks? Maybe I am just remembering the painting task, where there was not really much to show.

I've started watching this over the last month or two and up to season 5 now, for such a simple concept it's such an amazing show. I saw the new series on Thursday as i noticed it was on and had nothing else to watch. It feels like i know more of the contestants from the earlier seasons whereas i only know Ardal and Chris from the new season though.

I've started watching this over the last month or two and up to season 5 now, for such a simple concept it's such an amazing show. I saw the new series on Thursday as i noticed it was on and had nothing else to watch. It feels like i know more of the contestants from the earlier seasons whereas i only know Ardal and Chris from the new season though.

This is almost definitely true, since they don’t want to repeat guests they burnt through lots of big names early. This season in particular looks to be a very good mix, mind.

Yeah, i definitely knew more of the earlier guests, but the show has introduced me to a fair few people I'd not heard of previously, but who I'd now consider myself a fan of. It's one of the best things about it.

This series, I'd never heard of Chris Ramsay, but had heard of the others. I've seen a fair bit of Sophie Duker over the last couple of years, seen Judy Love on a couple of things and been aware of Bridget Christie mainly as Stewart Lee's wife. Obviously I knew of Ardal since Father Ted, but I've not seen Chris on anything before.

This is almost definitely true, since they don’t want to repeat guests they burnt through lots of big names early. This season in particular looks to be a very good mix, mind.
Yeah it makes sense to get all the good guests on as soon as possible but it does create a problem if this keeps going for many more seasons. I liked the new seasons contestants as well but there's going to be more hit and miss seasons due to all the good comedians already appearing. I'd love Richard Ayoade or David Mitchell to have a go at some point, i think they'd be great.
Yeah, i definitely knew more of the earlier guests, but the show has introduced me to a fair few people I'd not heard of previously, but who I'd now consider myself a fan of. It's one of the best things about it.

This series, I'd never heard of Chris Ramsay, but had heard of the others. I've seen a fair bit of Sophie Duker over the last couple of years, seen Judy Love on a couple of things and been aware of Bridget Christie mainly as Stewart Lee's wife. Obviously I knew of Ardal since Father Ted, but I've not seen Chris on anything before.
It does give the potential to see new people or see people you already know in a whole new light. Like you i know Ardal from Father Ted although as Greg said he doesn't seem any different :lol:

The only thing i'd seen Chris on is Richard Osman's House Of Games, don't know him from anything else. I've never seen the others but from the first episode i think they've been good, it's better when they embrace the bonkers nature of it all.

Solid episode this week. Blindfold task was my favourite, Bridget during that. :lol:
Love Judy. Chris 2/2 now as well.

Everything about Judy Love should be annoying but she’s actually quite funny :lol:

Everything about Judy Love should be annoying but she’s actually quite funny :lol:

I'm loving them all this time even Chris is growing on me despite the feeling he's playing it safe and is to keen to win.

Ardal probably my favourite at present

Just got caught up on this week's episode and seriously starting to think Ardal just might be my favourite contestant in the history of the show

One of the best episodes in a long time... Thought it was hilarious from start to finish.

That girls stag do was some sort of insane fever dream!

Just got caught up on this week's episode and seriously starting to think Ardal just might be my favourite contestant in the history of the show
I expected he'd be an amiable but fairly normal type, who'd somehow just been a bit type-cast as a bumbling idiot. I'm genuinely surprised how funny he is as himself.

I expected he'd be an amiable but fairly normal type, who'd somehow just been a bit type-cast as a bumbling idiot. I'm genuinely surprised how funny he is as himself.

He is and will always be Dougal in my mind!

Been an enjoyable series. Funny how everyone just knew Judi would be the first to give Alex a high five. Ardal's strategy was great - if only he did two consecutive slaps to begin with.

Been an enjoyable series. Funny how everyone just knew Judi would be the first to give Alex a high five. Ardal's strategy was great - if only he did two consecutive slaps to begin with.

One of the women should have immediately given Alex two high fives after Judi, that would be a guaranteed 5 points (if they assumed neither of the guys would have been as quick, which is a reasonable guess).

So fast with it as well. :lol:

One of the women should have immediately given Alex two high fives after Judi, that would be a guaranteed 5 points (if they assumed neither of the guys would have been as quick, which is a reasonable guess).
They never seemed to twig you could do more than one and don't think they quite understood the rules. They just did one each with Bridget thinking that doing it last second was the best course of action.

Just got caught up. I absolutely adore Ardal. Was expecting another Alan Davies grumpy old dad type but he’s just absolutely wonderful.

Last round soon as he stalled over Quantom I knew his name would be Quinton.

I am smarter than the five of them.

Nothing can stop me now