Southport knife attack - 3 children dead, 8 children and 2 adults injured

Jesus, even on 'Following' I am getting tweets with what appear to be photos of the crime scene taken from inside the nearest building, those images will be tough to forget.

Honestly how I felt months ago when Israel started their genocidal crimes...but then, I hate to say this, you become desensitised to the horrific injuries.

Jesus, even on 'Following' I am getting tweets with what appear to be photos of the crime scene taken from inside the nearest building, those images will be tough to forget.

Shit like that is why I deleted Twitter. Why take risks like that with your mental health? Or at the very least your mood? Is the “upside” of using Elon’s app really worth it?

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Just cannot imagine what their families must be going through.

Thought this was an interesting perspective.

That's because terrorism is not defined the creation of terror but rather the motive behind the act. Specifically for political or ideological motives.

That's certainly not the case in Asia. Singapore, Japan and South Korea all have capital punishment but very low murder rates. Crime generally is much lower out East.
All these countries still have people on the death row though. Point being the death row does not deter the people who often commit the type of crimes that warrants being put on death row from committing those crimes.

Shit like that is why I deleted Twitter. Why take risks like that with your mental health? Or at the very least your mood? Is the “upside” of using Elon’s app really worth it?

I thought I was capable of curating my timeline enough to still be able to roughly see the things I want to see but the algorithms are all kinds of fecked up now that it doesn’t even matter where on the app I am, I’m being bombarded with a particular kind of rhetoric. I decided yesterday to delete whole thing.

I thought I was capable of curating my timeline enough to still be able to roughly see the things I want to see but the algorithms are all kinds of fecked up now that it doesn’t even matter where on the app I am, I’m being bombarded with a particular kind of rhetoric. I decided yesterday to delete whole thing.

I can 100% guarantee you will never regret this. I haven’t missed Twitter for one minute since I binned the app a couple of years ago. Quite the opposite.

Anything on the attacker? Since its not terror, is he a mental case? Whats the motive for doing such a ting other than being a total lunatic

I can 100% guarantee you will never regret this. I haven’t missed Twitter for one minute since I binned the app a couple of years ago. Quite the opposite.
The constant pushing of right wing bullshit by social media algorithms is a plague.

A few days ago, on Youtube (with no account and clean browser data), on a football video, the first recommendation is "blah blah DESTROYS woke feminists!". Just feck off.

That's because terrorism is not defined the creation of terror but rather the motive behind the act. Specifically for political or ideological motives.

All these countries still have people on the death row though. Point being the death row does not deter the people who often commit the type of crimes that warrants being put on death row from committing those crimes.
Maybe, although the number on death row is orders of magnitude less than in say the US and drugs are way less rife in Singapore in particular, suggesting they have an impact as a deterrent. Nothing is ever going to be an absolute deterrent when the rewards are potentially high.

You both are and never were?

The odds of this happening (and yes including the Dublin one) are pretty much the same as they always have been.
Except things like this is happening a lot more recently. The odds have increased.

Honestly how I felt months ago when Israel started their genocidal crimes...but then, I hate to say this, you become desensitised to the horrific injuries.
I’ve gone in the opposite direction. I can’t see anything like that any more as it stays with me for days and I can’t not think about it.

Maybe, although the number on death row is orders of magnitude less than in say the US and drugs are way less rife in Singapore in particular, suggesting they have an impact as a deterrent. Nothing is ever going to be an absolute deterrent when the rewards are potentially high.
O for sure for crimes where the punishment outweighs the crime, the punishment is the deterrent. If you made DUI a crime carrying a life/death sentence, 99% of would-be drink drivers will think twice about it, leaving the 1% who won't care of the consequence either way. Irony being those are the exact people we are trying to deter.

Heinous violent acts like stabbing kids are so out on the fringes that i don't think they can be prevented with harsher punishments but rather through preventative measures. A 'prevention is better than cure' route if you will.

I dont have the answer. I think whoever stabbed children must have been mentally ill. Maybe better care for the mentally ill, especially those who are dangerous would help prevent such things.

I'm getting old and i've never been stopped and searched in my life. If i was to get stopped and search even twice a year, whats the chances they'd find something on me?
That's one of the reasons they use for shootings in the US, if it was true it would explain a lot!

In this case we have no idea, in some ways I hope it is because the alternaive doesn't really bear thinking about

What do you mean?

Not saying there's a link because they are by no means similar in terms of someone having a mental health crisis, versus the Ariana Grande concert.

But the attack yesterday was still planned, and it was targeting young girls.

Just the cowardice of people is unbelievable.

Last edited:
Seeing their faces every time I open the news breaks my heart. Those poor families.

That's one of the reasons they use for shootings in the US, if it was true it would explain a lot!

In this case we have no idea, in some ways I hope it is because the alternaive doesn't really bear thinking about
I just imagine any sane person doing such a thing. Unless this person was not diagnosed - he should not have been free.

It's all very surreal. There's a helicopter right above me. It's like being back in Belfast during the Troubles. They're 500m from me, round at St Luke's Road. There's a mosque there, so no guesses as to why they chose to be there. It's being livestreamed by far right 'citizen journalists' on YouTube. They've only come for a ruck.

I’ve gone in the opposite direction. I can’t see anything like that any more as it stays with me for days and I can’t not think about it.
I'm totally numb. Like today for me example, the local overpass we have is a bit of a suicide hotspot and last week a young lad leapt to his death, 19 years old.

The entire railings are covered on one side with flowers, photos, poems, even his fecking glasses. The other side is now covered in A3 sized signs saying "don't jump, call someone, it'll pass etc"

It's so sad but my mind is so guarded.

Then you see these three little girls, then the news of more kids dead in Gaza or Golan or wherever, and it all just feels so unreal.

Like a day dream you have when you're driving somewhere far. I feel an overwhelming quiet, due to the deafening onslaught of the chaos everywhere I look.

Absolute state of these cnuts hijacking the grief of families for their own means.

'kinell, turning into a Leeds siuation from the other week now.

fCt1BdD.jpeg

Absolute state of these cnuts hijacking the grief of families for their own means.

This is all I've heard since the attack. I feel really bad for the families, but the other people using it as a disguise for racism are annoying the feck out of me.

Singapore.drug seizures have increased year on year for the last five years.

Singapore.drug seizures have increased year on year for the last five years.
I can't see those figures from a cursory glance. Even if they are, not sure what the argument is here? I never claimed the death penalty there deters all attempted crime. There's plenty of desperate and uneducated people in the region who can be duped, coerced or paid to try and smuggle stuff.

Still never been anywhere else outside of Japan where people feel safe enough to use their mobile as a placeholder on a cafe table when they order.

Horrible that this tragedy has been hijacked by a bunch of racists who aren't there for any reason but to riot. The video shows a bunch just laughing and also what is the purpose of it?

I wonder if they will get a judge to lift any orders to reveal the prick kids identity, or parts of it to stop riots if he isn't an immigrant or Muslim

I would love it either way if all these clowns in the videos are arrested

Horrible that this tragedy has been hijacked by a bunch of racists who aren't there for any reason but to riot. The video shows a bunch just laughing and also what is the purpose of it?

I wonder if they will get a judge to lift any orders to reveal the prick kids identity, or parts of it to stop riots if he isn't an immigrant or Muslim

It has already been said that they were born in Cardiff and the name and story initially released and spread by GB News et al, was fake and wrong.

Didn't these GeT tHeIr CoUnTrY BaCk with Brexit?

It has already been said that they were born in Cardiff and the name and story initially released and spread by GB News et al, was fake and wrong.

The point for a lot of the far right is that if you're not white, you're not British. You could be born wherever.

I'm totally numb. Like today for me example, the local overpass we have is a bit of a suicide hotspot and last week a young lad leapt to his death, 19 years old.

The entire railings are covered on one side with flowers, photos, poems, even his fecking glasses. The other side is now covered in A3 sized signs saying "don't jump, call someone, it'll pass etc"

It's so sad but my mind is so guarded.

Then you see these three little girls, then the news of more kids dead in Gaza or Golan or wherever, and it all just feels so unreal.

Like a day dream you have when you're driving somewhere far. I feel an overwhelming quiet, due to the deafening onslaught of the chaos everywhere I look.
I’m thinking of making a conscious effort to just tune out more. We can’t do anything to prevent the horrible shit in the world and I think there’s a sick part in everyone’s brain that’s almost addicted to receiving the next bit of info. The nature of the internet and social media means shit like this spreads far and wide very quickly so there’s very little bad in the world we don’t know about in real time. Our brains weren’t made to wake up in the morning and instantly scroll and see images of dead children in Gaza. It’s too much.

It really is sickening, to use such tragedy for misguided motivations.

Apparently his parents were from Rwanda, an overwhelmingly Christian country. Also, you know, he was born in Cardiff. Just insanity the lot of it.

The more the police sit on their hands in terms of charging someone, then the more opportunity it gives for these idiots to take matters into their own hands. All completely preventable considering they believe they have the suspect and have had him in custody for over 24hrs.

The more the police sit on their hands in terms of charging someone, then the more opportunity it gives for these idiots to take matters into their own hands. All completely preventable considering they believe they have the suspect and have had him in custody for over 24hrs.

This has nothing to do with someone being charged by now or not.