Solskjaer's legacy and his future

It was obvious that Ole was out of depth as a manager but I also feel like everyone was way too quick to scapegoat him when it was obvious that the issues were way more than just the coach.
By changing him, we changed nothing. In some aspects, we are actually even worse.

In the space of 2/3 years, 90% of this team needs to be gone since I don't expect a wipeout in 1 single summer window (I wouldn't complain that much if that happened tho).

Ole is a joke of a manager and too arrogant to learn good football managerial approaches. Bad managers deserve all the criticism they get until they are willing to learn and improve.

Ole refused to improve, and all the criticism towards him are perfectly legit.

It was obvious that Ole was out of depth as a manager but I also feel like everyone was way too quick to scapegoat him when it was obvious that the issues were way more than just the coach.
By changing him, we changed nothing. In some aspects, we are actually even worse.

In the space of 2/3 years, 90% of this team needs to be gone since I don't expect a wipeout in 1 single summer window (I wouldn't complain that much if that happened tho).

No we are not. Now we have seen what needs to be done to get out of this rut. With Ole it would be still the same. We would still be spending millions on people like Maguire, AWB and DVB etc. And give my Rashy a new bumper contract for just turning up on match day and play every game no matter how bad he is.

I'm rolling at these replies saying he was working magic with this squad right after a tie he also got thrashed in. Safe to say the biggest apologists won't be picking up any Nobel prizes in this life or next.

How do you build an attacking team that capitulates against counters? Teams just waltz through our middle. We aren't functionally built to attack and it reflects the work of a total newbie. These issues also became painfully obvious in the mirror tie he lost 5-0.

Last edited:
Ralf has been a big disappointment but, at the end of the day, he is a caretaker managing someone else‘s squad. Ole was given the opportunity and funds over 3 years to engineer a comprehensive rebuilding of the squad and did not manage to make one signing who is unquestionably good enough (including Bruno Fernandes).

The problem was our 2nd place in the league. Everyone kept saying that this is our year and Ole thought yeah we need to play on the front foot. So he changed a winning system against the top teams and he found out that he couldn't beat the top teams by attacking them and the smaller clubs were shutting up shop and hitting us on the counter. He simply didn't have the nous to change it.
He was a horrible manager.

Not at all given that he signed these players, or made these players key parts of his plans and approved their contract extensions. And he left behind a squad more mentally unfit than it was after Jose left, and more physically unfit than any United squad in the PL era. There's plenty more people than just Ole to blame but he deserves a big share of it for being such an inept manager and willing Glazer patsy.

The only reason he's being relentlessly criticised here is because of the cuckoo cultists of his who keep periodically popping up and coming out with delusional nonsense, like how our results under Ralf are proof of what a good manager he actually was.

It's all irrelevant now anyway. If we want to analyse how the football world views Ole's job here there's plenty of indications. Just look at how Everton gave someone as questionable as Lampard a job in the most desperate circumstances. But had any Everton board member suggested Ole instead they'd have been laughed out of the room. The guy isn't even deemed good enough for the SPL. That's how bad a manager he is and that is his legacy as a manager.

Fantastic post.

I'm sure his fans will find a way to spin this as a negative.

Hilarious. I can't believe you lot are still trying to pin it on the guy who got 2nd and 3rd with pretty much this set of players. Where is the logic that the person who objectively performed better is the one who is at fault? What happened to "this team should be challenging" and "any decent manager would be doing better"? I'm sure the expectations for this season thread is still around somewhere, I wonder how many were saying we'd be losing in the rat race for 4th?

Also, you do know that after Ole, Carrick actually did a lot to stabilise the club and put us on something of an even keel, with his three games being Chelsea, Villarreal and Arsenal? We were 2 or 3 points off fourth when RR came in, and were coming into our easiest run of the season (a run which I am absolutely positive Ole would have done better with), and what has been the end result? All Ralf had to do was to keep things ticking over, and on that front he has abjectly failed.

I think at a time like this, this Twitter thread is perfect reading:

So many of those sentiments have been apparent in this thread from the start, and so many of them have been disproven, and yet, just like the Twitter accounts, almost all of you are stubborn to admit you were perhaps a tad harsh on the last guy and are consistently shifting the goalposts.

Was Watford or Leicester hard teams? Yet they embarrassed us.

If you were abramovich you would still have Di Matteo as a coach, because your approach has no context. Btw, Jose came second and Ole bottled it in the end with top 4 the next season. So, why not still have Jose here? He would have won against huddersfield. I m doing it right?

Was Watford or Leicester hard teams? Yet they embarrassed us.

If you were abramovich you would still have Di Matteo as a coach, because your approach has no context. Btw, Jose came second and Ole bottled it in the end with top 4 the next season. So, why not still have Jose here? He would have won against huddersfield. I m doing it right?

People really need to stop using a few off games to make a point. I know this is what aboutism, but I think every big team has had a few embarassing losses - Tuchel is not a shit coach because they conceded 5 to WBA and 4 to Brentford. Look at the things from a wider lens

It has been useless sacking, similar results after his sack (even worse in my opinion)
It's been anything but useless. Ralf has come in and stirred up a hornets nest on actually how gutless our players really are. This cultural reboot we kept hearing about was in no way sustainable which is why we're in the shit we're in present day. That blueprint is about to be ripped up by people who actually know what they're doing instead of winging it for the last decade. Rangnick has been the best thing that's happened to this club since RVP.

There were always going to be teething problems changing from jobs for the boys to a professionally run club but short term pain for long term gain will be absolutely worth it and if people can't see that then the problem is on them.

Not at all given that he signed these players, or made these players key parts of his plans and approved their contract extensions. And he left behind a squad more mentally unfit than it was after Jose left, and more physically unfit than any United squad in the PL era. There's plenty more people than just Ole to blame but he deserves a big share of it for being such an inept manager and willing Glazer patsy.

The only reason he's being relentlessly criticised here is because of the cuckoo cultists of his who keep periodically popping up and coming out with delusional nonsense, like how our results under Ralf are proof of what a good manager he actually was.

It's all irrelevant now anyway. If we want to analyse how the football world views Ole's job here there's plenty of indications. Just look at how Everton gave someone as questionable as Lampard a job in the most desperate circumstances. But had any Everton board member suggested Ole instead they'd have been laughed out of the room. The guy isn't even deemed good enough for the SPL. That's how bad a manager he is and that is his legacy as a manager.

this x 1000

People really need to stop using a few off games to make a point. I know this is what aboutism, but I think every big team has had a few embarassing losses - Tuchel is not a shit coach because they conceded 5 to WBA and 4 to Brentford. Look at the things from a wider lens

the wider Lens includes liverpool & city plus poor draws & bad form from august in CL & prem

he deserved the sack & he left us in a mess

the wider Lens includes liverpool & city plus poor draws & bad form from august in CL & prem

he deserved the sack & he left us in a mess

And no one has said that he didn't deserve the sacking.

Your two points contradict each other.

We already know the issue run deep, and into higher positions from the moment Ole got appointed as permanent manager. That doesn't mean we should keep Ole to maintain the vibe, why we restructure. The manager is still the most influential person for how the team perform. You can scout players the whole years, but you only have 2 window in a calendar year to make deal. And very rarely you're the only club interested in certain player.

So coaching a playing identity, squad management are still the number one priority. You may not get result, but at least show some competence, and promise. Ole had overstayed his welcome, and he had fair share of responsibility in this mess of squad building. He has no CV to back it up, yet was given so much money to spend.

RR may be failing at coaching part (not his team. It's Ole team. Failing to have your own team perform is more damning), too but he's putting his reputation on the line by making honest assessment of the state of our squad, and recruitment approach. You can't even ask that from Ole. Ole was supposed to carry out the cultural reset of Mourinho squad. It wouldn't take 90% of the squad back then. Now post Ole, it's reasonable to assume a whole squad overhaul would require.

There seems to be alot of "black and white" opinions going, that it's either 100% good or 100% bad. I think there is a middle ground when it comes to Ole. He did good and he did bad, but in a top club where you want to be among the best you need someone who does alot more good than bad. Ole didn't, and he never had the skills to do so.

Oles team came 3rd then 2nd, and isolated those finishing positions are good. It doesn't mean everything was getting better. Considering how a league position also relies on the performance of the other teams in the league one can't judge on-pitch improvement purely on the league positioning. Mourinho finished 6th in 16/17th but with 3 points more than Solskjaer did with his 3rd place. He drew 3 matches Solskjaer lost, but due to the performance of other teams people judge Solskjaers more successful?

Ole was the first manager post SAF to finish two consecutive seasons in top 4. He was also the first manager since Moyes to not improve on the performances of the previous manager. That doesn't automatically make him the worst post SAF, it just means Mourinho raised the bar to a level Solskjaer couldn't manage. Looking purely at the results of every game during the season, ignoring trophies or league positions, Mourinho won the most and lost the least. Solskjaers two full seasons were both better than LvG and Moyes seasons looking at points pr game and win rate, but they were well behind Mourinho. Solskjaers best season had a total win-rate of 57,38% while Mourinho reached 66,07% in his 2nd season. Even Mourinhos first season had a win-rate of 57,81%.

Ole was also the first manager post SAF to have a worse goal difference in his 2nd full season compared to his 1st. His defensive record in his 2nd season is the worst any manager had in a full season (Moyes included) post SAF, and by a good margin. This doesn't fit the "things were going the right way" so I rarely, if ever, see it mentioned. When you spend 150m+ on defensive signings that is not the way it should go if you do it right. Of course he also delivered the most goals offensively post SAF, but for every goal he increased offensively it cost almost 2 defensively. So the bad far outweighted the good.

This season Ole was the first manager post SAF to record a negative goal difference for the games he managed during a season. Also being the first to loose as many as he won.

Looking at Rangnick I find it funny how many of the same who defended Ole and said "time, he needs time" are on Ralfs back quickly due to things not working out immediately. Granted, the results have been poor, the win rate is as bad as Mourinhos last half season. But its improved from what was served from Solskjaer this year. The win rate is as good as equal but where Solskjaer lost a staggering 41,18% of the games, Rangnick "only" looses 25%. Offensively the avg goals pr game is equal, while defence has gone from shipping 1,71(!) pr game to 1,50. Still a high number, way to high for a Man Utd team. Rangnick has been dealt a poor hand and he haven't been able to improve it on the pitch. Hopefully the hornets nest hes shaken about off the pitch will improve the club for the future.

I think the legacy of Solskjaer will be that he did a ok job as a interim. Came in and turned the mood after Mourinhos toxicity, but should never have been given the job on a permanent basis. (His point pr game in the interim season was lower than both of LvGs seasons, just marginally better than Moyes)
He came in and promised a whole lot of changes, but could only deliver on a few of those, leaving behind a toxic unfit/lazy squad that needs a total and fundamental rebuild.

Reactions: oates

But out of the players he signed, only Maguire sticks out as a problem right now. A lot of fans points to Ronaldo as a huge problem which i cant fathom myself. Where would we be this season without him? Who would have scored our goals? Rashford?

Regarding their "mental fitness" i dont disagree. It went straight to hell this season and it has shown on the pitch. Outside of the opening games it seemed most of them couldnt even be bothered. The thing is though, Ole raised these concernes publically often and got laughed at as some kind of simpelton because apparently putting in the effort is some kind of outdated nonsense and just pandering to the fans. Ralf said pretty much exactly the same after Liverpool but this problem is far from new. It was the same under Lvg and the same under Jose. There is a toxic culture in the dressing room and it seems under Ralf its been that way since the start.

Ole did not solve it, but he didnt create it either. The squad threw LvG under the bus, they threw Jose under the bus, they threw Ole under the bus, they are throwing Ralf under the bus and im pretty sure they will throw ETH under the bus as well. They're a bunch of arrogant, lazy, overpaid plonkers. There is no fight, no desire, no pride

You might claim Ole made them this way by being to lenient, but the same happened with Jose and he does not take any shit from his players. So it seems it's irrelevant what man managment approach the manager has. Eventually we find a way to go back to putting in the minimum amount of effort.

There seems to be alot of "black and white" opinions going, that it's either 100% good or 100% bad. I think there is a middle ground when it comes to Ole. He did good and he did bad, but in a top club where you want to be among the best you need someone who does alot more good than bad. Ole didn't, and he never had the skills to do so.

Oles team came 3rd then 2nd, and isolated those finishing positions are good. It doesn't mean everything was getting better. Considering how a league position also relies on the performance of the other teams in the league one can't judge on-pitch improvement purely on the league positioning. Mourinho finished 6th in 16/17th but with 3 points more than Solskjaer did with his 3rd place. He drew 3 matches Solskjaer lost, but due to the performance of other teams people judge Solskjaers more successful?

Ole was the first manager post SAF to finish two consecutive seasons in top 4. He was also the first manager since Moyes to not improve on the performances of the previous manager. That doesn't automatically make him the worst post SAF, it just means Mourinho raised the bar to a level Solskjaer couldn't manage. Looking purely at the results of every game during the season, ignoring trophies or league positions, Mourinho won the most and lost the least. Solskjaers two full seasons were both better than LvG and Moyes seasons looking at points pr game and win rate, but they were well behind Mourinho. Solskjaers best season had a total win-rate of 57,38% while Mourinho reached 66,07% in his 2nd season. Even Mourinhos first season had a win-rate of 57,81%.

Ole was also the first manager post SAF to have a worse goal difference in his 2nd full season compared to his 1st. His defensive record in his 2nd season is the worst any manager had in a full season (Moyes included) post SAF, and by a good margin. This doesn't fit the "things were going the right way" so I rarely, if ever, see it mentioned. When you spend 150m+ on defensive signings that is not the way it should go if you do it right. Of course he also delivered the most goals offensively post SAF, but for every goal he increased offensively it cost almost 2 defensively. So the bad far outweighted the good.

This season Ole was the first manager post SAF to record a negative goal difference for the games he managed during a season. Also being the first to loose as many as he won.

Looking at Rangnick I find it funny how many of the same who defended Ole and said "time, he needs time" are on Ralfs back quickly due to things not working out immediately. Granted, the results have been poor, the win rate is as bad as Mourinhos last half season. But its improved from what was served from Solskjaer this year. The win rate is as good as equal but where Solskjaer lost a staggering 41,18% of the games, Rangnick "only" looses 25%. Offensively the avg goals pr game is equal, while defence has gone from shipping 1,71(!) pr game to 1,50. Still a high number, way to high for a Man Utd team. Rangnick has been dealt a poor hand and he haven't been able to improve it on the pitch. Hopefully the hornets nest hes shaken about off the pitch will improve the club for the future.

I think the legacy of Solskjaer will be that he did a ok job as a interim. Came in and turned the mood after Mourinhos toxicity, but should never have been given the job on a permanent basis. (His point pr game in the interim season was lower than both of LvGs seasons, just marginally better than Moyes)
He came in and promised a whole lot of changes, but could only deliver on a few of those, leaving behind a toxic unfit/lazy squad that needs a total and fundamental rebuild.
I don't think anybody is saying it was 100% good. The people who are defending Ole's record are saying that he did both positive and negative things.

It's the people on the other other side who think it was 100% bad and are refusing to acknowledge any credit he deserved for his league finishes, for instance.

But out of the players he signed, only Maguire sticks out as a problem right now. A lot of fans points to Ronaldo as a huge problem which i cant fathom myself. Where would we be this season without him? Who would have scored our goals? Rashford?

Regarding their "mental fitness" i dont disagree. It went straight to hell this season and it has shown on the pitch. Outside of the opening games it seemed most of them couldnt even be bothered. The thing is though, Ole raised these concernes publically often and got laughed at as some kind of simpelton because apparently putting in the effort is some kind of outdated nonsense and just pandering to the fans. Ralf said pretty much exactly the same after Liverpool but this problem is far from new. It was the same under Lvg and the same under Jose. There is a toxic culture in the dressing room and it seems under Ralf its been that way since the start.

Ole did not solve it, but he didnt create it either. The squad threw LvG under the bus, they threw Jose under the bus, they threw Ole under the bus, they are throwing Ralf under the bus and im pretty sure they will throw ETH under the bus as well. They're a bunch of arrogant, lazy, overpaid plonkers. There is no fight, no desire, no pride

You might claim Ole made them this way by being to lenient, but the same happened with Jose and he does not take any shit from his players. So it seems it's irrelevant what man managment approach the manager has. Eventually we find a way to go back to putting in the minimum amount of effort.
The problem comes from Woodward's recruiting strategy that made our superstars untouchable from a marketing POV. It's what bred a culture of complacency and player power that's plagued the club since the LvG era.

I don't think anybody is saying it was 100% good. The people who are defending Ole's record are saying that he did both positive and negative things.

It's the people on the other other side who think it was 100% bad and are refusing to acknowledge any credit he deserved for his league finishes, for instance.
Performances count more than league finishes for me. We may have got results but on the whole the football was pretty bad. It was never going to be sustainable.

In the 17 games with Ole this year, we had 3 convincing wins. In all the other games we were awful. So the "few games" were the majority.

In the 17 games with Ole this year, we had 3 convincing wins. In all the other games we were awful. So the "few games" were the majority.
But no one's saying he shouldn't have been sacked this year. The point I was making is for his previous 2 seasons though.

And you need to stop being so disingenuous. 4-2 to Leicester; 5-0 to Liverpool (at home); 2-0 to City; 4-1 to Watford - all with the space of about a month is hardly a few embarrassing losses; it’s an avalanche of shit, gutless results.

Offensively the avg goals pr game is equal, while defence has gone from shipping 1,71(!) pr game to 1,50.
The difference between 1.7 and 1.5 is just one goal every five games; a trivial difference more easily explained as noise than as a measure of improvement.
I think the actual difference is larger, though. At least in the PL.

And you need to stop being so disingenuous. 4-2 to Leicester; 5-0 to Liverpool (at home); 2-0 to City; 4-1 to Watford - all with the space of about a month is hardly a few embarrassing losses; it’s an avalanche of shit, gutless results.
Again, no one's said he didn't deserve to be sacked. Off the back of those results he did. But that 2 month period shouldn't be extrapolated to his entire tenure here

We can argue to death about whether 2nd and 3rd finishes were an achievement, but I have never heard any explanation from Ole defenders as to why he is now only being considered for jobs in Scottish and Scandinavian leagues. If he did any sort of good or even decent job at United, he should not have any problems finding a job much better than that and the likes of Aberdeen etc should consider him way above their league. But it seems that nobody outside a part of our fan base really thinks that he is anywhere close to PL level manager even. What do they see that the entire world does not? :)
Because it is nothing you or anyone knows. It is not something Solskjaer or club need to tell. There are lot of available managers out there. Who are bigger then Solskjaer and they don't have clubs.

Fact is that Solskjaer came to a toxic enviroment and lifted us up because players didn't wanted to perform more for Mourinho.
Fact is that we didn't win trophies with Solskjaer.
Fact is that we came 3rd and 2nd in his two full seasons.
Fact is that we came to countless semifinales and a final.
Fact is that he left when toxic enviroment once again popped up.

I don't see how this is seen as poor. Ofcourse, everyone of us want to win titles. But to say that his perfomences were worst of the worst is just wrong and is built on something else then reality. He did a good job and we were close to some cups. We showed progres in the league until this year. He needed to get sacked for this year but it is more down to players then Solskjaer. Something Rangnick have noticed.

Reactions: Livvie
From Sky, United's win ratio since Fergie. Sorry if posted already - I did go back a bit but couldn't see it.

Moyes - 52.9%
Van Gaal - 52.4%
Mourinho - 58.3%
OGS - 54.2%
Rangnick - 41.7%

Ole was trying to build a side around AWB, Maguire, McTominay, Rashford, Pogba and Martial. All of whom are either massive problems, or just not good enough, or both.

And yeh the players are the problem. That's what Mourinho knew but lacked the people skills to sort out without exploding. The primary reason Ole was chosen is because Woodward wanted someone to pander to the players and massage their egos. Which he did. He and Woodward deliberately enabled an era of player power to take full hold of the club.

Come on, it's not like Woody planned any of this. Ole was hired on background of his great run as caretaker not to kiss the players arses.

Ole's big failure imo was favoring certain players, which was fecking stupid and something he was rightfully critized for, but that alone can't explain the massive attitude problems we seem to be having as it's something a lot of managers do

I agree that he bet on the wrong horse re Maguire, but at the time you cant fault him for having faith in Rashford and Martial as they both looked to be the future.

Again, no one's said he didn't deserve to be sacked. Off the back of those results he did. But that 2 month period shouldn't be extrapolated to his entire tenure here
Yeah but looking back there were other dire runs - the finish the 2019 season was absolutely diabolical (almost as bad as now,) and then there was the first half of 2019-20, when we were getting embarrassed by the likes of Newcastle and those idiotic Longstaff brothers. Bruno saved his ass that season, and I'd argue that the circumstances of Liverpool's unreal injury crisis and the Chelsea and Tottenham melting down to various degrees gave us a break and a lucky 2nd place finish (and that wasn't enough for a proven winner like Jose, so don't see why it should be enough for a second-rate manager like Ole.)

Yeah but looking back there were other dire runs - the finish the 2019 season was absolutely diabolical (almost as bad as now,) and then there was the first half of 2019-20, when we were getting embarrassed by the likes of Newcastle and those idiotic Longstaff brothers. Bruno saved his ass that season, and I'd argue that the circumstances of Liverpool's unreal injury crisis and the Chelsea and Tottenham melting down to various degrees gave us a break and a lucky 2nd place finish (and that wasn't enough for a proven winner like Jose, so don't see why it should be enough for a second-rate manager like Ole.)
Strenge take! It’s not like we didn’t have injurie crisis or meltdowns.. It’s the way it goes.. Bruno saved his ass? It’s called signing players to build a team. Do you think Pereira could do the job? I don’t think Ole did either..

I have to say, Ole is being complacent that he allowed some of our most hard-working people we knew to be jogging, being lazy and doesn't even track back. No wonder why we didn't work hard as it was before. None of this would happen if he's not complacent and should demand for high intensity to match like City and Liverpool.

Do not forget that he said he want us to dominate the game, controlling the game better and be on the front aggressively. We gave him 3 seasons to achieve nothing rather than qualifying for a UCL twice time in a row. We're back to where Jose got sacked and the football still didn't improve.

Because it is nothing you or anyone knows. It is not something Solskjaer or club need to tell. There are lot of available managers out there. Who are bigger then Solskjaer and they don't have clubs.

Fact is that Solskjaer came to a toxic enviroment and lifted us up because players didn't wanted to perform more for Mourinho.
Fact is that we didn't win trophies with Solskjaer.
Fact is that we came 3rd and 2nd in his two full seasons.
Fact is that we came to countless semifinales and a final.
Fact is that he left when toxic enviroment once again popped up.

I don't see how this is seen as poor. Ofcourse, everyone of us want to win titles. But to say that his perfomences were worst of the worst is just wrong and is built on something else then reality. He did a good job and we were close to some cups. We showed progres in the league until this year. He needed to get sacked for this year but it is more down to players then Solskjaer. Something Rangnick have noticed.

The real issue is Ole sacrificed real long term development for short-term results. It's a mark of a bad manager that do not know how to improve the team as a whole over the course of his tenure.

Getting to minor semi-finals and finals ( failing to win minor trophy like the Europa league) is not a mark of a good manager. Not when that manager had access to one of the most expensive squad assembled in world football.

Strenge take! It’s not like we didn’t have injurie crisis or meltdowns.. It’s the way it goes.. Bruno saved his ass? It’s called signing players to build a team. Do you think Pereira could do the job? I don’t think Ole did either..

A single good player bailing the team that was performing poorly is always a bad thing. Good managers don't rely on a singular star to save the day. That is what bad managers and middling club managers do.

It's what clubs like Aston Villa or Crystal Palace do to ensure they don't get relegated. They have one or two stars to bail the rest of the team out. But at least those managers have the excuse that they have a lower quality squad than a club like Man United.

Patterns of play is important, and being able to implement good pattern of play is a mark of a good manager.

We had nothing near the crisis that Liverpool had and you know it. Ole was a game away from getting the sack and caught lightning in a Bruno-shaped bottle. Fraud of a manager (great player mind you.)

We had nothing near the crisis that Liverpool had and you know it. Ole was a game away from getting the sack and caught lightning in a Bruno-shaped bottle. Fraud of a manager (great player mind you.)

A lot of Ole fans are utterly incapable of looking at what was going on at other clubs in context. With a fanbase that myopic, it's no wonder United failed. A stupid fanbase deserve failure.

A lot of Ole fans are utterly incapable of looking at what was going on at other clubs in context. With a fanbase that myopic, it's no wonder United failed. A stupid fanbase deserve failure.
Agreed.

Yes we did! Several times. If anything, Ole showed the squad couldn’t be trusted. He did a fine job working on that up until this season. Whether it’s on him or the players is up to us fans. But to label some of us as Ole fans is not fair! Rangnick has repeatedly said there are problems, problems Ole 100% knew was there, but didn’t have time to address. It will be the same for Ten Haag, and people will be all over him for not polishing a turd fast enough.

Yes we did! Several times. If anything, Ole showed the squad couldn’t be trusted. He did a fine job working on that up until this season. Whether it’s on him or the players is up to us fans. But to label some of us as Ole fans is not fair! Rangnick has repeatedly said there are problems, problems Ole 100% knew was there, but didn’t have time to address. It will be the same for Ten Haag, and people will be all over him for not polishing a turd fast enough.

He had more time than any other manager at any other top club has got, or will ever get, without winning a trophy.

He had more time than any other manager at any other top club has got, or will ever get, without winning a trophy.
Still. How much work did he get done? It’s not like he solved any problems. He got rid a few, but there are plenty left! Seems like the biggest axe on him is Harry. But that one is on Harry! And who fecking else would you choose as captain? Please don’t say DDG
Trophy? We are not even close to one..

How much time to give Ole ? 10 years to address the issues ? 20 ?
He had plenty of time and many of the problems were "purchased" by him. When he left, 6 out of 11 starters were bought by him and he had time to dispose of the other players but choose to keep them and use them.
If ETH is a better manager than Ole, and signs till now point he is, then he must solve the problems fast.