Solskjaer's legacy and his future

"we're building something here"

"footballs not all about tactics its about desire and second balls"

Just a couple of my favourites.

Ralf couldn't get any of his players to show that tonight bar a 19 year old kid who came on for a 5 minute cameo.

His legacy is wasting upwards of £400m in space of 3 years and doing irreparable damage to the squad. The biggest negative of his entire tenure has to be how low standards dropped here. The fact we still have fans in here parading 66pts 3rd placed finish is proof of this.

He hid behind cultural reset for 3 years and avoided any and all questions whenever it came to actually delivering a trophy. Sucking up to this squad so much that none of them respect the new man in Ralf Rangnick, this is his legacy. The fact he said his cultural reboot of a squad is different from one left behind by Mourinho, as they won't ever give up on the shirt and the club is absolutely hilarious.

It's an actual joke the lengths people will go to absolve him of any blame. One of the reasons why he kept asking for time was that he was resetting the culture and pride back to Man Utd. How the players he have signed know what it is to play for the club and not give up. None of his ardent fanboys ever revisit this point, and for good reason. Because, they know it was a lie.

before few years, we thought " "I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time. I think we need to play better" was how the standards dropped.

Ralf couldn't get any of his players to show that tonight bar a 19 year old kid who came on for a 5 minute cameo.
Thats because most of them are out the door in the summer.

Imagine being a permanent manager for over 3 years, building said culture and getting players in of your own, before getting your pants pulled down worse.

This is 100% Ole’s mess. Anyone blaming Ralf is delusional. It’s like a learner driver crashing his dad’s Ferrari and blaming it all on the mechanic who comes to fix it.

before few years, we thought " "I think we've played a very good side and it's the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to at this moment in time. I think we need to play better" was how the standards dropped.

Moyes was sacked 4 months after that. He didn't spend £400m while trying to downplay the ambition of winning trophies as hallmark of success.

Thats because most of them are out the door in the summer.

Imagine being a permanent manager for over 3 years, building said culture and getting players in of your own, before getting your pants pulled down worse.

He brought in 5 players for big money. All have been rubbish bar Bruno but he is certainly going that way.

What's the excuse for the other 15+ players in the squad?

Yes, but like other managers probably had no or little say in the renewals. The problem is that this club is run by businessmen, who see the players like assets, rather than their performance. It's the only way to explain handing out contracts to the old boys like candy.

That's true.

Nothing could explain the Bailly contract or negotiating new ones to Rashford and Shaw, these are definitely not footballing decisions.

He brought in 5 players for big money. All have been rubbish bar Bruno but he is certainly going that way.

A culture where egos are fostered and tactical discipline is ignored. Thought thats obvious.

He also signed off on dumbass extensions, like Bailly.

Well bring me a lucky captain ..I would say Ole is unlucky..he missed a trophy after De Gea missed the 11th penalty
We also won against Paris twice , win against City away a few times .. Chelsea HOME and away.. arsenal away.
We were 37 games unbeaten away in the league .. we scored 9 goals ..
It just unraveled this season .. but he is definitely better than Ralf
Christ, when has beating psg ever won us a trophy. Bring back Jose because he beat a ronaldo juve.

This is 100% Ole’s mess. Anyone blaming Ralf is delusional. It’s like a learner driver crashing his dad’s Ferrari and blaming it all on the mechanic who comes to fix it.
This is players mess. Not manager.

And if you want to use that analogy. Both mechanic and previous driver saw to late that Ferrari is actually old Ford Fiesta.

A culture where egos are fostered and tactical discipline is ignored. Thought thats obvious.

He also signed off on dumbass extensions, like Bailly.
He didnt. That's down to the Glazers.

What are you on about? Solskajer is the reason we have Harry feckin Maguire as our captain, that's enough to dignify his sacking. And what tenure? The man signed absolute dross and had us winning feck all, and his parting gift is this squad of chancers, almost all of which aren't fit to wear the shirt.
Yeah it was time for him to go. We have still got worse since. I was guaranteed a pressing coach would improve this 'title winning squad'. Now due to the embarrassment of that prediction the squad needs to be talked down in every sentence posted on here

This is players mess. Not manager.

And if you want to use that analogy. Both mechanic and previous driver saw to late that Ferrari is actually old Ford Fiesta.

:lol:

Just give up, this is Ole's squad. He used this squads fighting spirit, and character and cultural reboot as an excuse for not winning silverware less than an year ago. That was his whole shtick, so if you're trying to pin the blame on the players, then it's shared by Ole given he's the one who fostered this squad and their egos.

Ole set this club back for years, and he's the worst manager we've had this century. £400m and 3 years wasted where we progress nowhere, and now we face another rebuild. This is Ole's legacy, no amount of mental gymnastics for you is going to change that.

Worst manager we had in the last decade. Knew how to get romantic football fans on his side. Imposter

Worst manager we had in the last decade. Knew how to get romantic football fans on his side. Imposter

And the fans are partly to blame why he got hired in the first place. A few good results and fans deluded themselves and spent all the time chanting for him to be given the full time job.

Maybe the fanbase should shut up about what kind of manager is getting hired.

This is what Ole left us in after 4 years of shite. Worst manager ever. He didn't rebuild shit. He ruined us and set us back for years. Worst manager ever and worst decision our club ever made, both by making him permanent and by backing him for so fecking long. Complete waste of so many years. Disaster.

:lol:

Just give up, this is Ole's squad. He used this squads fighting spirit, and character and cultural reboot as an excuse for not winning silverware less than an year ago. That was his whole shtick, so if you're trying to pin the blame on the players, then it's shared by Ole given he's the one who fostered this squad and their egos.

Ole set this club back for years, and he's the worst manager we've had this century. £400m and 3 years wasted where we progress nowhere, and now we face another rebuild. This is Ole's legacy, no amount of mental gymnastics for you is going to change that.
In principle I agree, I voiced Ole out a lot during his time here, he was tactically inept and vocally full of rubbish. Saying that, the true demon of the club and the single person who set us back more years and has wasted 10 years is that weasel Ed Woodward.

He didnt. That's down to the Glazers.

List of players bought by Ole:

1. Daniel James - £15m
2. Harry Maguire - £80m
3. Aaron Wan-Bissaka - £50m
4. Bruno Fernandes - £50m
5. Donny van-de-Beek - £40m
6. Alex Telles - £16m
7. Facundo Pellistri - £10m
8. Amad Diallo - £40m
9. Edinson Cavani - Free
10. Jadon Sancho - £80m
11. Raphael Varane - £40m
12. Cristiano Ronaldo - £15m

Total - £436 million.

List of players offered new contracts under Ole:

1. Anthony Martial (January 2019) - Until 2024 on £250,000 a week.
2. Phil Jones (February 2019) - Until 2023 on £80,000 a week.
3. Ashley Young (February 2019) - Until 2021 on £120,000 a week.
4. Juan Mata (June 2019) - Until 2021 on £160,000 a week.
5. Marcus Rashford (July 2019) - Until 2023 on £200,000 a week.
6. Andreas Pereira (July 2019) - Until 2023 on £75,000 a week.
7. Axel Tuanzebe (July 2019) - Until 2023 on £40,000 a week.
8. Victor Lindelof (September 2019) - Until 2024 on £120,000 a week.
9. Tahith Chong (March 2020) - Until 2020 on £30,000 a week.
10. Scott McTominay (May 2020) - Until 2025 on £70,000 a week.
11. Odion Ighalo (June 2020) - Until 2021 on £140,000 a week.
12. Brandon Williams (July 2020) - Until 2024 on £40,000 a week.
13. Nemanja Matic (July 2020) - Until 2023 on £120,000 a week.
14. Dean Henderson (July 2020) - Until 2026 on £120,000 a week.
15. Mason Greenwood (February 2021) - Until 2026 on £75,000 a week.
16. Eric Bailly (April 2021) - Until 2025 on £80,000 a week.
17. Juan Mata (June 2021) - Until 2022 on £160,000 a week.
18. Lee Grant (July 2021) - Until 2022 on £30,000 a week.
19. Tom Heaton (July 2021) - Until 2023 on £60,000 a week.
20. Edinson Cavani (July 2021) - Until 2022 on £210,000 a week.

I'm missing few players too. Ole wasted a lot of money not only in transfer fee but even moreso while handing contract extensions like candy, that too on super wages. Stop pretending this is not his squad, it's completely of his own making.

Thats why we were dominant force under Rangnick, Mourinho and vanGaal.

Stop blaming managers. We know who are to blame.

Terrible managerial options don’t help. He has compounded the poor decisions of the club and made the situation much, much worse. There is no escaping that.

Thats why we were dominant force under Rangnick, Mourinho and vanGaal.

Stop blaming managers. We know who are to blame.
We were never a dominant force under any of those managers, now you're just straight up lying to defend Rangnick. Are you trolling or just deluded?

One of the worst managers in the club's history. He built a shite squad and let them get to these fitness and mentality levels. The players are shite too to be fair, but Ole was just awful in so many ways.

Forgot the best one pal. "Trophies are for ego." When he said this I know he is the biggest fecking loser mentality manager in the league. You can ask any sunday league coaches and no one would say that bollox crap

List of players bought by Ole:

1. Daniel James - £15m
2. Harry Maguire - £80m
3. Aaron Wan-Bissaka - £50m
4. Bruno Fernandes - £50m
5. Donny van-de-Beek - £40m
6. Alex Telles - £16m
7. Facundo Pellistri - £10m
8. Amad Diallo - £40m
9. Edinson Cavani - Free
10. Jadon Sancho - £80m
11. Raphael Varane - £40m
12. Cristiano Ronaldo - £15m

Total - £436 million.

List of players offered new contracts under Ole:

1. Anthony Martial (January 2019) - Until 2024 on £250,000 a week.
2. Phil Jones (February 2019) - Until 2023 on £80,000 a week.
3. Ashley Young (February 2019) - Until 2021 on £120,000 a week.
4. Juan Mata (June 2019) - Until 2021 on £160,000 a week.
5. Marcus Rashford (July 2019) - Until 2023 on £200,000 a week.
6. Andreas Pereira (July 2019) - Until 2023 on £75,000 a week.
7. Axel Tuanzebe (July 2019) - Until 2023 on £40,000 a week.
8. Victor Lindelof (September 2019) - Until 2024 on £120,000 a week.
9. Tahith Chong (March 2020) - Until 2020 on £30,000 a week.
10. Scott McTominay (May 2020) - Until 2025 on £70,000 a week.
11. Odion Ighalo (June 2020) - Until 2021 on £140,000 a week.
12. Brandon Williams (July 2020) - Until 2024 on £40,000 a week.
13. Nemanja Matic (July 2020) - Until 2023 on £120,000 a week.
14. Dean Henderson (July 2020) - Until 2026 on £120,000 a week.
15. Mason Greenwood (February 2021) - Until 2026 on £75,000 a week.
16. Eric Bailly (April 2021) - Until 2025 on £80,000 a week.
17. Juan Mata (June 2021) - Until 2022 on £160,000 a week.
18. Lee Grant (July 2021) - Until 2022 on £30,000 a week.
19. Tom Heaton (July 2021) - Until 2023 on £60,000 a week.
20. Edinson Cavani (July 2021) - Until 2022 on £210,000 a week.

I'm missing few players too. Ole wasted a lot of money not only in transfer fee but even moreso while handing contract extensions like candy, that too on super wages. Stop pretending this is not his squad, it's completely of his own making.
So a question to Ole fanboys here. Has Ole improved anything in the club during his glorious tenure ? We are in a worse state than before his appointment. Not a single position in the field is fixed

agreed. not sure what people expected from Ralph - although I have to admit I'm glad he's not getting the job full time

He did. He's consulted on it heavily.
Who just gave Bruno 250k a week when he was on a long term contract on a 100k anyway? I really doubt Ralph had any influence on the decision.

A great fecking start for the next manager. If Bruno's bad spell continues the next manager is stuck with him.

I'm looking forward to your excuses when Ten Hag is sacked in approximately 24 months :lol:

Another side issue fans gloss over is what we saw last night was culminating for years as ole and mourinho constantly had us surrendering possession to the likes of Liverpool and City with the hope of nicking something so it is no surprise that we see a team getting absolutely outplayed when it is all they have known how to play against Liverpool for so long and it is going to be hard for this group of players to change their mentality going into the same game again

Ralf basically says the same thing regarding physicality and yet Ole gets laughed at for saying more or less the same thing.

Basically these players do not give a single feck.

He did. He's consulted on it heavily.
Like Jose was for Smalling and Jones' contracts despite buying Lindelof the summer before and then literally having the biggest Jose hissy fit ever the summer after when we didn't sanction a move for another one? Or when we gave Bailly a new deal a month or two before we bought Varane, despite Ole hardly playing him?

And that's before we get to Bruno getting a contract when we haven't even got a manager.

I wonder who consulted the club on that one?

Hilarious. I can't believe you lot are still trying to pin it on the guy who got 2nd and 3rd with pretty much this set of players. Where is the logic that the person who objectively performed better is the one who is at fault? What happened to "this team should be challenging" and "any decent manager would be doing better"? I'm sure the expectations for this season thread is still around somewhere, I wonder how many were saying we'd be losing in the rat race for 4th?

Also, you do know that after Ole, Carrick actually did a lot to stabilise the club and put us on something of an even keel, with his three games being Chelsea, Villarreal and Arsenal? We were 2 or 3 points off fourth when RR came in, and were coming into our easiest run of the season (a run which I am absolutely positive Ole would have done better with), and what has been the end result? All Ralf had to do was to keep things ticking over, and on that front he has abjectly failed.

I think at a time like this, this Twitter thread is perfect reading:

So many of those sentiments have been apparent in this thread from the start, and so many of them have been disproven, and yet, just like the Twitter accounts, almost all of you are stubborn to admit you were perhaps a tad harsh on the last guy and are consistently shifting the goalposts.

Ole performed miracles getting this team to 3rd and 2nd in consecutive seasons. And for all the criticism of him only being about 'good vibes', that's obviously what this squad needs. His legacy is getting better with every game.

When Mourinho finished 2nd and won the Europa League, that was also down to Ole.

Dont be daft. When he was here the narrative among his most most outspoken critics was that this was a very talented squad and it was down to lack of coaching, so any decent coach would have us flying. And im not blaming RR either. Its clear that there is something really fecking wrong here and just pinning all the blame on the managers wont get us anywhere.

Ole made some howlers of course. Signing Maguire for that price and giving him the armband was a disaster in hindsight. AWB looks like a bad transfer as well, but in both cases we can get back most of the money we forked out for them. DvB was a fecking weird transfer considering he sat on his arse 95% of the time

But if he was that incompetent, how did he manage back to back top 4 places? You cant luck your way into CL spots in the PL twice.

People blame him for keeping Lingaard and Jones around and giving fat contracts with stupid wages to players who didnt deserve them, but do you really think the manager has full autonomy over who comes and goes in the squad? Over the budget and player salaries?

This nightmare circus have been going on since 2013. We have had 5 managers since then. Do you think its reasonable to assume that maybe part of the problem lies elsewhere? AFAIK we contacted Klopp before the dippers did and its a reason he chose them.