Solskjaer's legacy and his future

so you think his tenure is good enough to be called a success ? We probably will when any club in the top league would touch him and he wins them trophies. Or those other clubs that wont hire him are subjective too ?
I think his tenure was good enough that posters don't need to flock to here every day to make excuses for Ralf six months later

What a lovley place. Still going on and attacking a good manager that did good things but was let down by our players. But sure, he wasn’t hipster enough for some of you young fans. One day you will understand more about what he did and see it through objective glases. Until then I guess this anti-manager club will just produce wierd arguments.
What are you on about ?
im not a young fan and ole is a poor manager, he did nothing.
He didn’t change one thing and wasted a shedload of money

Given this thread is partly about his future, has he been linked with any club from any credible source?

Apparently, Malmo FF had him on the list (Swedish team, played in the CL this season) but I don't know how close it was. Anyway, they went for another coach. I'm not sure they could afford him with his salary at United in mind. But yeah, that's the level he belongs at.

I think his tenure was good enough that posters don't need to flock to here every day to make excuses for Ralf six months later

None of them deserve excuses; every one of them was utter shite and well below what's required. The constant semantics over who was the least shite is nauseating.

None of them deserve excuses; every one of them was utter shite and well below what's required. The constant semantics over who was the least shite is nauseating.

Bang on.

I fear it'll go on until we win something of note as well. The forum was heading this way for years and Ole's tenure was always going to be the most sentimental to many supporters, hence to constant excuses.

The reality is what you've already said, all managers post Fergie have been shite, just to different degrees of shiteness. People can probably find positives in each reign (Moyes aside) but now it's just become a point scoring exercise from the extreme posters on each side of the divide.

What a lovley place. Still going on and attacking a good manager that did good things but was let down by our players. But sure, he wasn’t hipster enough for some of you young fans. One day you will understand more about what he did and see it through objective glases. Until then I guess this anti-manager club will just produce wierd arguments.
How do you explain then that such a good attacking manager that did a good job at Manchester United is only being considered for jobs such as Malmö and Aberdeen after his tenure with us? I mean if you were correct than surely he would be in contention for top jobs or at least CL clubs from top leagues and be a top candidate for any open PL job?

Stop trying to rewrite history. He was a failure and by your attitude and that of others, we seemingly need to repeat this from time to time to ensure no lies are being spread.

I'm not even joking when I say that the club should even consider bringing him back in some kind of psychological/motivation role. It will never cease to amaze me that he lasted as long as he did in the manager role despite a very obvious lack of managerial acumen. The reports that surfaced after he got sacked and other stuff indicate that Ole was big (and obviously far too reliant) on positive psychology and belief. Are there many sides that have staged that many comebacks from losing positions in a single season? It was extraordinary. Before anyone piles in, as a manager, I wouldn't go near him with a 10ft barge pole as you need a cold headed, pragmatic, statistics driven approach to playing alongside motivation. But you can't help but be pretty astonished at how he held it together against the odds, papered over cracks and actually achieved top 4 places, even though his management absolutely left us in a highly unstable and worse condition prior his departure. It's surely part of what made him such an effective sub during his playing career. Whatever he has, it is valuable, it's just not at all suitable for being manager of a top club.

I've often wondered what constitutes a "young fan" and at which age you gain access to the criticism skill tree.

The Hibernian job is available... Do they want a counter attacking coach who believes in pashun and desire? He might just suit that job.

True. We should discuss each in their own merits. Need to let go of our pretty squabbles. I'm more guilty than most. Excited for the next steps at the club

You can go through every aspect of the club while Ole was manager and see just how much of a failure he was at every single level.

The hapless scouting department, £250m of woeful signings, all the obscene player contracts signed under his management, the sub-standard coaching staff he assembled, the decline in fitness levels, the staggering declines in work rate, distances covered, duels won etc, despite his laughable promises after the 4-0 at Everton to do the exact opposite. The way he presided over the torpedoed careers of Martial, Rashford and Greenwood, the three young strikers everyone expected to flourish under a manager like Ole. And the way he cemented us as a club with more problems with player power than anywhere else.

He left us with a squad of emotionally fraught, chronically unfit, mentally weak serial losers, full of cliques with big rifts between them, and no leaders anywhere to be seen.

If we look at the list of players who we know, for whatever reason, have no long term future at United: Pogba, Martial, Rashford, AWB, Jones, Matic, Mata, Henderson, Bailly, Pereira, Lingard, Greenwood, Maguire, VDB, Cavani and Ronaldo.

16 players we know will never play a part of us winning a major title. Ole signed 5 of them, green-lit baffling new contracts for 8 of them, tricked Lingard into staying and was originally brought in to keep Pogba happy.

And this is ultimately why he'll never get another job at any club in any top European league. I don't even think Norway would consider him for the national team, his stock is that low.
Torpedo of greenwood career. Get a grip fella. Have you no other outlet in your life haha

Whatever his input was to transfers or contracts, Ole is going to be held accountable (and rightly so) for the absolute state of this squad right now. We have never been so far away from Liverpool and then you look at that starting 11. It’s absolutely tragic.

I've often wondered what constitutes a "young fan" and at which age you gain access to the criticism skill tree.
Well if at 29 Jesse Lingard can still be considered a "young player" than I, as a 43 year old, declare myself a young fan.

You can go through every aspect of the club while Ole was manager and see just how much of a failure he was at every single level.

The hapless scouting department, £250m of woeful signings, all the obscene player contracts signed under his management, the sub-standard coaching staff he assembled, the decline in fitness levels, the staggering declines in work rate, distances covered, duels won etc, despite his laughable promises after the 4-0 at Everton to do the exact opposite. The way he presided over the torpedoed careers of Martial, Rashford and Greenwood, the three young strikers everyone expected to flourish under a manager like Ole. And the way he cemented us as a club with more problems with player power than anywhere else.

He left us with a squad of emotionally fraught, chronically unfit, mentally weak serial losers, full of cliques with big rifts between them, and no leaders anywhere to be seen.

If we look at the list of players who we know, for whatever reason, have no long term future at United: Pogba, Martial, Rashford, AWB, Jones, Matic, Mata, Henderson, Bailly, Pereira, Lingard, Greenwood, Maguire, VDB, Cavani and Ronaldo.

16 players we know will never play a part of us winning a major title. Ole signed 5 of them, green-lit baffling new contracts for 8 of them, tricked Lingard into staying and was originally brought in to keep Pogba happy.

And this is ultimately why he'll never get another job at any club in any top European league. I don't even think Norway would consider him for the national team, his stock is that low.

Im sorry mate but what?

Martial had his best season ever under Ole, same with Rashford. I guess its nice of you to defend Martial.

If you dont need reminding, Mason Greenwood got himself arrested. Are you implying Ole had anything to do with what he did?

Didn't hear many on here objecting to signing Sancho. Said at the time we'd have been better spending £73m on the midfield.

He couldn't have done a better job of sabotaging us if he was employed as a double agent
Picked the wrong lineup today! And, spending all that money!? And only 3 of his signings start? Needs sacking!

Picked the wrong lineup today! And, spending all that money!? And only 3 of his signings start? Needs sacking!

Wow, people still defend the worst manager we ever had.
But, it's not that far when people were considering him as a top 5 manager in epl.

How did Utd build a squad of defectively talented luxury players and names with no workrate or will for a fight. People constantly complain that Utd can not let go of the past but in a basic element of the game, workrate and desire, they have. Bare minimum you don't let the opposition outwork you, every team does now. Stop chasing fecking names and online engagement.

But, it's not that far when people were considering him as a top 5 manager in epl.
They used to compare him to Klopp. They used to say ‘Klopp did this in his first full season’ then ‘Klopp did that in his second full season’.

It no longer serves them to compare him to Klopp now does it? :lol: :lol:

Complete amateur with no experience in charge of training, team selection, squad harmony, players attitudes etc… for ages….and all of a sudden we are in trouble!

If only someone could have seen it coming.

The fact that he is still defended cause he managed one second place on Liverpool’s off cycle is a joke.

He has set us back years and years.

Ralf Rangnick is not as good as advertised. What has he improved from Ole?Ole left on a low it shouldn't be hard to beat. Does he even have a game where he impressed us with coaching prowess?

Ralf Rangnick is not as good as advertised. What has he improved from Ole?Ole left on a low it shouldn't be hard to beat. Does he even have a game where he impressed us with coaching prowess?
Yeah, let's blame rangnick, it's not like the previous manager left a shit show behind him.

Looking at both teams today and it’s mental to think nobody from our starting 11 gets into that Liverpool team yet Ole spend 130m on 2 defenders so it tells you how much he wasted money

Improved ? Nothing, but this squad is crap and it is on Ole he wasted 130 on Maguire and AWB who both aren’t good enough then signed Ronaldo because it was Ronaldo when we desperately needed a DM. He thought that a CM of Mctominay and Fred was good enough to go into a season where we were expected to challenge.

People still defending failed Cardiff manager? That.is.fecking.unbelievable.

Seriously, you guys are in love in that fraud or what? He single-handedly destroyed YOUR club beyond repair and some of you still defend him. Ffs