Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

Really don't understand the questioning of the penalty. Sure, it was surprising that it was actually given, but that's not because it wasn't a foul but more that the refs nearly always allow it when it's in the box and the striker has managed to actually shoot. Anywhere else on the pitch, it is a free kick all day long with nobody complaining about the validity of it.
The moment VAR got hold of it, it was always going to be a penalty following the laws of the game. You can’t look at that in slow motion and say a defender with his studs up dangling isn’t dangerous play.

If he gets the ball fine, but he didn’t.

I hope Spain will get a ref decision in their favor in the final, because the only reason England won is because Bellingham was crying over the referee. Never a fecking penalty, corruption all around

Do you know how VAR works?

The ref was terrible sure but England looked the better team overall anyway.

England was far better the first half. It was about equal or maybe slightly edged by us in the second. In the end England win because of pure quality by Watkins.

Watkins on the bench while we started fecking Memphis... how is that fair?

I hope Spain will get a ref decision in their favor in the final, because the only reason England won is because Bellingham was crying over the referee. Never a fecking penalty, corruption all around
Please do another, it just makes it funnier.

Kane was never impeded, the only reason he got hit after striking the ball was that he lowered his foot.

This penalty is only a thing because Zwayer wanted to seem impartial after the Bellingham thing. Uefa is fully to blame for this.

Kane struck the ball, unfortunately behind it was an onrushing pair of studs right to his foot.
It's a penalty, it was silly and reckless from Dumfries, he knew it.

Wout also was over the top with many fouls (Dumfries too), he is quite a character the big fella, feisty as fvck...
I agree that the ref wasn't great, but not as bad as many complain and got things wrong for both.

Dunno, too much talk about a ref in a match that the main thing was that both teams for moments forgot to actually play.

Koeman adjusted pretty well his team in the second half, it's sad that Wout has to be the fella to actually score in Holland.

He was putting a foot up to block a shot and Kane kicks him on the follow through. Is he supposed to dive in with his head or just let him have a free shot on goal?

Never a penalty for me, ridiculous decision.

All the Dutch really had was set pieces, shocking lack of talent in attacking areas compared to their historic compatriots. Suppose this is what happens when the domestic league is reduced to level it is now, feeder league, not a great environment for developing high end talent.

I'll say it once more, penalty was clear as day. No referee wouldn't give that when given the chance to have a proper look at it.

Clear as day.

Beautiful

He was putting a foot up to block a shot and Kane kicks him on the follow through. Is he supposed to dive in with his head or just let him have a free shot on goal?

Never a penalty for me, ridiculous decision.

He's supposed to not stick his studs in the direction of an onrushing player in his own box.

Kane's shot caused the momentum which allowed Kane's foot to initiate contact in the first instance. Minus the follow through from Kane, the Netherland player makes no contact.

By those standards it’s often a players running momentum that takes them into a tackle, if they didn’t run, they wouldn’t get fouled.

Absolutely everywhere else on the pitch, a high foot with studs showing and coming a clear second to the ball is a free kick and a yellow card.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Spain have been solid throughout and definitely favourites. But honestly just want to shut up most of you England hating United fans tbh. A textbook example of a Walking contradiction. Don’t understand why you’re all even here…

I know that you feel that a dodgy ref decision in the final is the only thing that can stop it coming home.

Nothing can stop it.

It's coming home.

All the Dutch really had was set pieces, shocking lack of talent in attacking areas compared to their historic compatriots. Suppose this is what happens when the domestic league is reduced to level it is now, feeder league, not a great environment for developing high end talent.
Meh we were a feeder league while we played Robben, Van Persie and Sneijder up front. We're just having a terrible generation of attackers.

The really good Dutch players (like Ake, Van Dijk, Vd Ven etc) just leave our league earlier now.

Kane was never impeded, the only reason he got hit after striking the ball was that he lowered his foot.

This penalty is only a thing because Zwayer wanted to seem impartial after the Bellingham thing. Uefa is fully to blame for this.

As a man with an English Father and Spanish Mother, who would be ok either way on Sunday, I am very much enjoying how upset you are

Predictable.

Netherlands were never going to be enough to stop England.

Can't wait for the final.

He's supposed to not stick his studs in the direction of an onrushing player in his own box.
He's trying to block the shot, what else is he supposed to do? Jumpin head first?

I expect we'll see all defenders from now on not trying to block shots just in case they get kicked and have a penalty given against them. Just stand their hands behind their back to make sure they don't give away a handball either. Let the striker shoot and hope he misses.

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Spain have been solid throughout and definitely favourites. But honestly just want to shut up most of you England hating United fans tbh. A textbook example of a Walking contradiction. Don’t understand why you’re all even here…
It was exactly the same in the last Euros. People on here support an English team but would never step foot in England, what’s not to understand??

Get a grip man. A decision went against your team. It happens. The penalty made it 1-1 before the 20 minute mark and your team could have had plenty of say in the game after that. The referee didn't prevent them from scoring, the referee didn't make de Vrij inexplicably open his legs to try and block the shot and not get closer to Watkins. Holland failed to score, England did. 2-1, dry your eyes.

Can't see us winning the whole thing but what an evening. Absolutely delighted.

Apart from the penalty situation. We can all agree the referee was absolutely awful.