Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

I had forgotten what Dutch tears tasted like (I think the last time was when Chelsea pumped Ajax in the Champs League a few years ago).

Delicious.
Good example, even the UEFA referee conference judged that Ajax was robbed there. Same like tonigh

Whether you like the rules of the game or not is irrelevant. It was a clear and obvious penalty.

Well it clearly wasn’t a clear penalty , even the itv VAR bird was irked by the decision. But you keep repeating yourself, maybe it makes it more a penalty the more you say it, go for it.

Happy that England are in the final but then I remember this probably means Southgate is around for another 4 years

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it-fed-up.gif

Wonder if he’d walk away if he won. Leave at the top, drop the mic, would be proper hard. Southgate 2nd best England manager ever

I don’t hate England , I dislike the bollox over cocky media and thuggish fans though.

I was at the ireland friendly abandoned because a bunch of English co.ksuckers started ripping up the stands and laying into passive Irish fans. As I’ve gotten older , my dislike of England has really melted to the point that I actually like to see England go far in tournaments. Keeps it interesting. I was at the World Cup in Japan in 2002 and the amount of English fans supporting Ireland over England was very surprising. Was down to the fact you could have a laugh at an Irish match regardless of result. So it sounds like a lot of English , English fans don’t love supporting the English team aswell.

Supporting an English team, that I’ve probably Been to watch most seasons since early 90s, has nothing to do with England. I used to like seeing United/English players do well. Particularly found it fascinating how much crap English fans gave becks after 98 and how fickle they were when he showed great character to rise above it.

I don’t get this “why do you want to see England do poor and United bad”. In international football I don’t give a rats arse about anybody but my own country who are currently a disaster , think we appointed a former dentist as manager!!. I enjoy watching smaller nations or underdogs do well and like to see quality football (rare as it can be in international football). Not really sure what supporting United and England has, the EPL is no longer English , it’s a global brand, sure there’s more fans outside of England supporting English teams, it’s why the league is so rich.

Let's be clear, England are now two times Euros finalists, WC semi finalists, and narrow losers to the beaten finalists from the last four tournaments and we're all still subjected to the same drivel that it's arrogance that England fans and the media expect us to get to the latter stages.

Not hating but Kane just said "it's been a tough journey" ..... sure it has bud on the easiest side to the final

Well, in fairness I think he was just talking about having to pretend to run in so many games, period. And all that effort to convince teammates and coaches they are crazy and he’s actually playing well.

I would imagine it really is quite exhausting

Ref giving everything to England here and the commentators on ITV are saying they don't care, what a joke

I thought it was refreshingly honest.

Seriously though, after that koeman clear red and subsequent free kick winner in 93, I don’t have any sympathy for him

Well it clearly wasn’t a clear penalty , even the itv VAR bird was irked by the decision. But you keep repeating yourself, maybe it makes it more a penalty the more you say it, go for it.

Oh it was a penalty, Harry Kane actually scored it once he'd ran off the stud marks on his foot.

Hard and low to the keepers right, beautiful pen.

The Dutch were awful and incredibly negative. We played well first half - probably our best 45 minutes of the tournament - the second half was really not great, but it felt fantastic to get over the line.

Spain look unstoppable, but two finals and a semi-final from the last three international tournaments for England is impressive (not impressive enough to keep Gareth, though!).

The Dutch were awful and incredibly negative. We played well first half - probably our best 45 minutes of the tournament - the second half was really not great, but it felt fantastic to get over the line.

Spain look unstoppable, but two finals and a semi-final from the last three international tournaments for England is impressive (not impressive enough to keep Gareth, though!).
In the last World Cup we lost at the QF stage. A bit of a forgotten match but France played Morocco in the SF.

He just glides through games but goes under the radar with the pundits. Should have at least one MOTM in this tournament.
Do they have a “young player of the tournament” award for Euros? Although I suppose the likelihood of that going to anyone other than Lamine is slim … unless Lamine wins outright player of the tournament.

I think Mainoo has been getting plenty of flowers from this though. Everyone I know is talking about him. He’s definitely stood out.

Do they have a “young player of the tournament” award for Euros? Although I suppose the likelihood of that going to anyone other than Lamine is slim … unless Lamine wins outright player of the tournament.

I think Mainoo has been getting plenty of flowers from this though. Everyone I know is talking about him. He’s definitely stood out.

Yeah TBF I think it's quite nice that he gets the occasional nice comment but the English pundits aren't coming out with the typical outlandish comments about any young player who does well.

Let him stay as under the radar as possible while being as good as he is.

Ok so you are saying that maybe in the future it might not be the English Premier League.

It can always be called the EPL, thats the name of the product. How many English owners of the top teams ? How many of the apparant 600 million United fans are English ? Would you say man United is an English man United fan centric club ?

Bit by bit, the league/clubs sells itself off to the highest bidder. Even the footballs changed from blood and guts English physical high tempo stuff, to more European kind of flair stuff. It’s more a product than a league at this stage.

German club fans own the majority of their clubs. This is what should have happened in EPL but they didn’t care what money came into the sport.

It can always be called the EPL, thats the name of the product. How many English owners of the top teams ? How many United fans are English ? Would you say man United is an English man United fan centric club ?

Bit by bit, the league sells itself off to the highest bidder. Even the footballs changed from blood and guts English physical high tempo stuff, to more European kind of flair stuff. It’s more a product than a league at this stage.

German club fans own the majority of their clubs. This is what should have happened in EPL but they didn’t care what money came into the sport.

You don't half speak some waffle. It's okay to just say "I don't like England" I promise you, no one cares.

Manchester Utd are a Manchester club.

The fact that I watch Hollywood movies says that Hollywood in America are doing something well they should be proud of. It doesn't say they start to become partially Manchester movies.

feck sake now this thread has got people arguing the Premier League isn’t English :lol:

Koeman should be sacked just simply for not playing Frimpong.....how the feck do you leave him on the bench and not get on the pitch?????

He just glides through games but goes under the radar with the pundits. Should have at least one MOTM in this tournament.
I don't know who you've been listening to but all the pundits I've heard have been impressed by him