Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

People are really in Zirkzee's transfer thread criticising him for his performance. Embarrassing.

Holland were poor, England although fortunate at times were the better team.
Spain the best team in the tournament should win but you just never know in a final.
Will be deviating for England if they lose a second final in a row, dont think they will ever get that monkey of their back if they lose this one.

All the crying and gnashing of teeth from the usual gimps on here make it all the more sweet :)

No one got that run off draws on successive tournaments either. This isn't nothing.

You're absolutely right to be fair.

England before were knocked out by footballing heavyweights only. The likes of Iceland, Costa Rica, USA, not even qualifying etc.

Disclaimer: Southgate is not a good manager and nobody is claiming he is.

Commiserations, but you played a mostly bad game. Surreal to see rubbish Dutch sides. Not befitting of your history.
We played about as well as we did all tournament. Southgate kept us alive for some strange reason. You completely played us off the park after the pen then just, stopped and gave us more of the ball. We're not really good at doing anything with it, but we did get some setpiece chances.

If you had kept up the plan of the first half it'd have been 4-1.

Reactions: Fortitude
That Watkins goal was a proper strikers finish. One touch out from feet, smash it far corner. Absolute inch perfect.

Been screaming for him or Toney all bloody game.

Koeman is a genius for bringing in 2 strikers when the game was effectively over. Who’s the next coach for Netherlands now? Van Gaal?

Have to wonder what the Dutch formation would have been if they’d taken it to extra time. Koeman pulled a Southgate, only madder

England the better team, but that penalty was a shocking decision that, as a neutral, leaves a bit of a black mark on the game.

Southgate proving to be a man-managing colossus that has finally instilled a ruthless, determined mentality in an English national team.

Can't buy moments like that in football. In life. Greatest sport in the world.

Get in England!!!!

That was probably our best performance of the tournament and maybe we are peaking at the right time. 1st half was very good, 2nd half was difficult as Netherlands got their tactics spot on to stop our midfield from playing theirs off the park but we have stolen it at the end. Watkins will never score a more important goal in his life, that’s probably as good as it gets for him. Not many bad performers today, Mainoo and Foden were different class 1st half but tbf there were loads of good displays today.

Netherlands will complain about the penalty and maybe they are right but we deserved that luck and maybe that along with Saka’s goal and Bellinghams last minute winner are signs that our name is on the trophy this year. Having said that, Spain are the best team this year and we will need a lot more fortune to overcome them.

England the better team, but that penalty was a shocking decision that, as a neutral, leaves a bit of a black mark on the game.
I’ll take it. The amount of bad decisions England have had against them down the years is astounding. So, for this one, we’ll take it. Gutted for the Dutch, my second team.

I honestly don't know who to root for in the final. Do I think England has a chance? No. But I'll root for them if they re less divey cnuts than tonight when playing against Spain. Shouldn't be too difficult. Spain will probably dive twice for each time England does it.

I honestly don't know who to root for in the final. Do I think England has a chance? No. But I'll root for them if they re less divey cnuts than tonight against Spain. Shouldn't be too difficult.
Root for the United players....so England