Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

Southgate's England pretty much always lose against the first decent side they play. The only question is "are Holland a decent side".

That's been an England problem since 1966 since to be fair. Hopefully one day it will change!

Tchouameni, Kante, and Rabiot while being a really solid midfield 3, is also incredibly uninspiring. Surely Kante and Tchouameni is enough defensively, with Griezmann the third man to provide some craft. Not like he’s afraid of graft either.

I just don’t see how France are planning to get the ball to their forwards in dangerous areas. I am assuming they are going to rely on individual brilliance from Mbappe and Dembele to disrupt Spain’s shape.

Griezmann has been quite bad this tournament but so have been France's other attackers.

That trio of defensive midfielders and no Griezmann, means that France will be even more boring that their usual-self.

If anyone had any doubt France were going to just sit back and hope for a counter the line up confirms it is the plan.

Navas area is going to be very important for the match, if he even resembles what Carvajal (massive loss for us) gives us, Spain will improve the chances a lot. Nacho will need to keep 2, 3 or 4 eyes over there. On the paper our biggest weak spot.

1-0 for Spain. France just too defensive and boring, but Spain will dominate the game and score once.

1-0 for Spain. France just too defensive and boring, but Spain will dominate the game and score once.
Really want Spain to win but I can see France having a bit of joy maybe on the counter. Spain play an high defence which will suit mbappe and Dembele

Really want Spain to win but I can see France having a bit of joy maybe on the counter. Spain play an high defence which will suit mbappe and Dembele

Yes, but France are really bad. Look at their scoring stats and chance conversion. They have been extremely poor going forward considering the squad.

Thought Morata was suspended for some reason.

Midfield battle will be interesting. The red card for Carvajal could be costly.

Spain got this.

Rooting for England tomorrow so we can start finalizing our dutch signings.

If anyone had any doubt France were going to just sit back and hope for a counter the line up confirms it is the plan.

Navas area is going to be very important for the match, if he even resembles what Carvajal (massive loss for us) gives us, Spain will improve the chances a lot. Nacho will need to keep 2, 3 or 4 eyes over there. On the paper our biggest weak spot.

This game desperately needs an early Spain goal.

If France can't score against a defence with Jesus Navas...

Mbappe has to destroy that spain left side and force Rodri to defend more. Hopefully the good Dembele shows up and can hit the target.

Jesus Navas will have the game of his life and be man of the match. Goal and assist, all while keeping Mbappe in check.

Mbappe has to destroy that spain left side and force Rodri to defend more. Hopefully the good Dembele shows up and can hit the target.

He is cooked, he would struggle to destroy either of us.

Jesus Navas is still relevant?! I swear he was playing for Sevilla at the start of the century.

This is one of the dumbest mistakes in Football history. Can't believe there are people who glorify this incident. Massive brainfart in a World Cup final.
Such a bizarre take. He fell victim to a private provocation. Not saying he did the right thing but he had an amazing tourney up to that time. He will always have a special place in my heart.

Smart to bench Griezmann. Too much creativity would hurt them on the break.

What's this ref like? Is he card happy?

Mbappe and Theo Hernandez surely have to do something against that Spanish right hand side?

Hard one to call this. Based on their tournament level Spain should win but their wide players could be nullified by French defence and then you look at France's attackers to finally turn up.

Smart to bench Griezmann. Too much creativity would hurt them on the break.

He hasn't created or made a single decent pass. He somehow managed to be the most useless attacking player during this competition.

Just pray we get an early goal in this one. Otherwise its going to be an awful watch.