Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

Why is everyone happy for Spain? Fecking sick of them being so good. Lost all but one player from their legendary WC/Euros doubles squad and they’re still winning. Fair do’s and all that, but wish they’d feck off now. Best team in the tournament but feck them.

I wanted France to win because because from an England pov they would have been the less complicated opponent to face in the final, should we beat Holland. But the way the tournament has gone, Spain has been the best team in it and it honestly hasn’t been that close.

Why is everyone happy for Spain? Fecking sick of them being so good. Lost all but one player from their legendary WC/Euros doubles squad and they’re still winning. Fair do’s and all that, but wish they’d feck off now. Best team in the tournament but feck them.

It’s good to see a well coached team play great football rather than the negative dross with other teams and managers including England.

The BBC pundits are absolutely insufferable
At least they’ve made it clear, multiple times, that the England vs. Holland game is on BBC Sounds tomorrow, with highlights on iPlayer later in the night. Just fantastic public service.

I refuse to believe a team who's best defender is Cucurella and is captained by Morata is going to win the cup.

I also refuse to believe a team with a forward line of Gakpo, Depay and Weghorst can reach a final.

ITS COMING HOME LADS. ITS feckING HAPPENING

I can't believe a team with talents such as Foden, Saka, Toney, Mainoo etc. can be utterly and completely shit, riding hard their luck to scrape a semi final, but here we are..

It’s good to see a well coached team play great football rather than the negative dross with other teams and managers including England.

It’s fair, I give them all the credit. This tournament has been pretty weak and Spain has basically salvaged it from being a complete dumpster fire.

I refuse to believe a team who's best defender is Cucurella and is captained by Morata is going to win the cup.

I also refuse to believe a team with a forward line of Gakpo, Depay and Weghorst can reach a final.

ITS COMING HOME LADS. ITS feckING HAPPENING
On the flipside England are managed by Southgate.

Only one team is winning this tournament now. Netherlands to get the runners-up medal. Spain are typical of a team that has “clicked” at the right time . Yamal looks to be a generational talent

Same as france. In that, they have their youth system perfected. Just a consistant stream of quality.

A game nicely controlled by Spain and a deserved victory at the end. They were on a different level technically and collectivelly. Two different schools of football collided tonight and the most exciting one got the upper hand.

Pogba was such an important player for France. Zero creativity without him.
Gosh, I’d totally forgotten about him. Would have been fascinating to have seen him in that midfield tonight. Shame he wasn’t there as he’s usually brilliant for the national team.

This is exactly it. Spain are a quality team , playing quality football and the best of the rest have quality players playing muck football boring the pants off opponents.

Deschamp doesnt have to apologise for the way he sets france up, but people can rightly dislike it and call it out. look at the talent at his and southgates disposal and they bore the pants off us all. Neutrals want to see good football and its better for the game that a team that actually wants to play football wins over a more talented bunch of individuals trying not to play but nick a goal.

Enthusiasm for the final, from a fan perspective, has taken a drop now with France going out.

Potential humiliation in the final for whoever gets through, more than them winning.

If you're a neutral or fan of Spain, it's popcorn time.

I don't know. I feel like England could surprise a few if they win tomorrow and I reckon Southgate will fancy his chances more playing Spain than he would France.

Whether they win tomorrow remains a big question, though, since no one has no idea which Holland will turn up.

Turns out, all those people saying France carried him and he's easily replacable were clueless.

Not so clueless, considering France were knocked out by Swiss in the round of 16 at the last Euros with Pogba on the pitch and reached the WC final without him. They are operating at the same level with or without him.

I don't know. I feel like England could surprise a few if they win tomorrow and I reckon Southgate will fancy his chances more playing Spain than he would France.

Whether they win tomorrow remains a big question, though, since no one has no idea which Holland will turn up.
I've made some bad calls in the KO rounds, so I hope I'm wrong for the final (assuming England get through) and it isn't an embarrassing mismatch, and England can, in fact, contain Spain and give them a game.

When the Spanish are clinical in front of goal there's nobody that can touch them. In recent tournaments they've been held back by being all bark and no bite.

At the last Euros Morata had like half a dozen chances to put Italy away and botched them all. At the last World Cup the Spanish got suckered punched by Morocco and couldn't respond.

The difference this time round is they have forwards who can play and put the ball in the net. A little like when they had David Villa, there's someone they can rely on to finish. More than one. Ominous for the rest of us that they're all young and one of them isn't uni age.

At least they’ve made it clear, multiple times, that the England vs. Holland game is on BBC Sounds tomorrow, with highlights on iPlayer later in the night. Just fantastic public service.

my children will be faithfully glued to the radio, listening to the match as delivered by the british broadcasting corporation. it’ll be hard watching the tears stream down their faces, as they look out of the window and see illegal immigrants watching the game on itv, on a 65” tv that they purchased with their benefit money. but it’s an important life lesson for them, and one that will ensure they always vote for farage.

This is exactly it. Spain are a quality team , playing quality football and the best of the rest have quality players playing muck football boring the pants off opponents.

Deschamp doesnt have to apologise for the way he sets france up, but people can rightly dislike it and call it out. look at the talent at his and southgates disposal and they bore the pants off us all. Neutrals want to see good football and its better for the game that a team that actually wants to play football wins over a more talented bunch of individuals trying not to play but nick a goal.

Funnily enough, at this Euro I can only think of one other team who can stand toe to toe with Spain in terms of quality with the right setup and that is Portugal.

They play positive, quality attacking football. Playing positive football will always endear fans to you, especially neutrals like myself. In an arena where guys like Deschamps and Southgate are getting plaudits for playing terrible football with world class players, seeing a team play proper positive football is a breath of fresh air.

Totally agree, he's won trophies which is great but the quality of this team should be smashing teams and dominating like that Spain team of 08/10/12

Yes. At the end of the day, Deschamps won 1 trophy out of 6 with a deep squad that was the favorite or in the top 3 in every tournament. This is fairly underwhelming.

Funnily enough, at this Euro I can only think of one other team who can stand toe to toe with Spain in terms of quality with the right setup and that is Portugal.

I was thinking that watching them against France. Actually thought the Portuguese played the better football in that game and ironically had they dropped Ronaldo , even for a more team orientated Morata, they’d of won.

The technical football from Portugal and Spain at times is great to watch. Unlocking teams, not just hoping explosive players will grab a goal or make a chance.

Obviously also Germany, as they went toe to toe and were extremely unlucky to lose that game and probably deserved a win if anything. Portugal if they had the right manager who would call up different people and manage them differently, who knows, but the same could be said about England and France.

Of course he stays. And no Zidane nor the FA have an issue with one an other.
Really even after this ? I mean it's ok with this style of play when you're winning but when you're not. There's no pressure on him in France and the media ?

You think he stays ? Who's the alternative ? Zidane has issues with the FA iirc.

i’ll do it, as long as they let me bring my own cheese and don’t try and get me to eat any of that french muck.

Totally agree, he's won trophies which is great but the quality of this team should be smashing teams and dominating like that Spain team of 08/10/12

Spain never smashed teams in the 2010 WC, it was a gritty affair, yet their 2012 was really fecking great.

PD: also France has lots of polivalent fantastic athletes, but they always lacked more intelligent fellas (that's why Grizzie on form was so important for them), or even technical "champagne football" players alike like some of their 80's teams that were trully amazing. Nonetheless they should have play a lot better and be more positive about their football.

Really even after this ? I mean it's ok with this style of play when you're winning but when you're not. There's no pressure on him in France and the media ?

There has always been pressure on Deschamps, a large amount of people and media don't want him. But only the FFF opinion matters and he extended his contract last year, unless he wants to resign I'm pretty sure that he will coach the team for the World Cup, if we qualify.

Jesus Christ. England are now “Aiming to be the first England team to get to a Major Final overseas”. Silly stat but something in it I guess.

He'll step down wont he? He has been in charge of France since 2012

Has to be. I mean he's taken France as far as he could, reaching two World Cup finals and a Euro final, winning the former once and losing the other on penalties. Very impressive for a twelve-year spell but a new direction is needed.

There has always been pressure on Deschamps, a large amount of people and media don't want him. But only the FFF opinion matters and he extended his contract last year, unless he wants to resign I'm pretty sure that he will coach the team for the World Cup, if we qualify.

Thinking back to USA 1994 , who is gonna be your potential Ginola?

I was hiding socks all around my bedroom at 16, this kid is winning semifinals for his nation at the same age.

I was just telling my wife something similar. Biggest decision I had at 16 was choosing which flavor chips to each, salt&vinegar or barbeque.

I hope England don't Greece there way to Euros. Spain have been class to watch all tournament.

On one level I like Southgate cause he’s everything that’s the opposite for of the normal undeserving cockiness that usually permeates from the England national team and everything surrounding it. I mean practically every other country in the world has equally won no tournaments in over 54 years and yet you wouldn’t know it listening to the English media during a tournament that they inevitably fail when the big boys put manners on them.

Regardless, Im not sure England could keep that Spain team out and I don’t see England getting two goals against them.

Has to be. I mean he's taken France as far as he could, reaching two World Cup finals and a Euro final, winning the former once and losing the other on penalties. Very impressive for a twelve-year spell but a new direction is needed.

Indeed, maybe Zidane will step-up and give it a go or maybe Thierry Henry.