Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

Hopefully Bellingham has saved his best for the last two games. With Brazil already out of the Copa America, there's a fair chance if England win this then he will be the Ballon D'Or winner

The only thing that is absolutely shite is your memory.

Greece were absolutely enjoyable to watch in Euro 2004, Southgate's England makes even United's current football appealing.
Nah. Kudos for their succes but they werent enjoyable to watch at all.

Greece were absolutely enjoyable to watch in Euro 2004, Southgate's England makes even United's current football appealing.

What?? Greece where awful to watch. It was the closest to Drillo football I have seen outside of actual Drillo football.

Not sure why you’re being so hostile but that simply isn’t true. The only thing fun about that Greek team was their underdog status. The actual football was very dull. Very effective, but dull.

Spain never smashed teams in the 2010 WC, it was a gritty affair, yet their 2012 was really fecking great.

PD: also France has lots of polivalent fantastic athletes, but they always lacked more intelligent fellas (that's why Grizzie on form was so important for them), or even technical "champagne football" players alike like some of their 80's teams that were trully amazing. Nonetheless they should have play a lot better and be more positive about their football.
They did win it though?

Kostadinov :drool:
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

very good

I’d be happy if United had a look at him
Yeah, I'm not sure if I am making this up, but I almost thought there were rumors linking us to him when the season ended - but not from any reliable sources. Wouldnt mind him one bit, but he'd be doing his best work in Bruno's role, essentially. He can also play out wide, but then we'd need a Frimpong type fullback to provide the width and the pace out wide. He's around 4 years younger than Bruno but not quite sure he'd be worth the investment for us (unless Bruno leaves) considering other priorities we have in the team/squad.

Spain were outplayed by Germany, lucky with the refs/VAR and the posts and pulled off what was by the end a smash and grab

Yesterday they scored 2 wonder goals in 2 minutes, then spent the rest of the game trying to play keep away and defending for their lives - didn't even pretend like they were interested in scoring another.

I'm really not sure why people keep going on about this great, entertaining football honestly...

Spain were outplayed by Germany, lucky with the refs/VAR and the posts and pulled off what was by the end a smash and grab

Yesterday they scored 2 wonder goals in 2 minutes, then spent the rest of the game trying to play keep away and defending for their lives - didn't even pretend like they were interested in scoring another.

I'm really not sure why people keep going on about this great, entertaining football honestly...
Think that's a bit harsh. They outplayed Germany for 60 minutes. Or course they were a bit lucky and could've been eliminated there, but I don't thi I they won undeservedly. Same as yesterday

I dont understand the narrative that Spain was lucky. Versus Germany before the handball incident German players were offside. They were better than Germany until taking players off which was a mistake by the manager.

I can understand somewhat when people say they were lucky against Germany. Against France, I just dont see it. France created nothing aside from that shot by Mbappe in the second half which must have been 3 ft off the post. They spent most of the time chasing shadows like Germany did against Spain in 2010 WC. It is simply the way Spain plays.

England again big favourites on paper, even if been shite this tournament largely and I think lost the xG in both knockout rounds so far. It would be a surprise if England didn't get through. I just want the result in 90 minutes again, no long boring extra time please.

I dont understand the narrative that Spain was lucky. Versus Germany before the handball incident German players were offside. They were better than Germany until taking players off which was a mistake by the manager.
Games don't last 70 minutes. That one lasted 120, and while Spain might have edged it in the first 70, the remaining 50 minutes were a military siege of their box. Germany could and should have won that game

Against France, I just dont see it. France created nothing aside from that shot by Mbappe in the second half which must have been 3 ft off the post. They spent most of the time chasing shadows like Germany did against Spain in 2010 WC. It is simply the way Spain plays.
I don't disagree with this, "luck" is kinda of a catch-all term here. "Luck" is LY scoring that goal, or Dani Olmo scoring that goal, which ultimately is also just a function of the team's quality. It's also not something that happens every game either, hence "luck". I don't think Spain were undeserving yesterday, they took the lead - and had been the better team to that point - and controlled the game fairly well from there, the only real big chance they conceded afterwards was the Mbappé one while Laporte was getting patched up on the sidelines.

But they also didn't play entertaining, attacking football either. They basically did what France has been doing to everyone else over the last ~6 years. To France ;)

Or, just to pile misery over the english lads on here: Spain successfully did what England should have done 3 years ago against Italy :lol:

Games don't last 70 minutes. That one lasted 120, and while Spain might have edged it in the first 70, the remaining 50 minutes were a military siege of their box. Germany could and should have won that game

I don't disagree with this, "luck" is kinda of a catch-all term here. "Luck" is LY scoring that goal, or Dani Olmo scoring that goal, which ultimately is also just a function of the team's quality. It's also not something that happens every game either, hence "luck". I don't think Spain were undeserving yesterday, they took the lead - and had been the better team to that point - and controlled the game fairly well from there, the only real big chance they conceded afterwards was the Mbappé one while Laporte was getting patched up on the sidelines.

But they also didn't play entertaining, attacking football either. They basically did what France has been doing to everyone else over the last ~6 years. To France ;)

Or, just to pile misery over the english lads on here: Spain successfully did what England should have done 3 years ago against Italy :lol:
Gi - Drago - orno.

:lol:

England will sit back and do feck all until they concede. Depending on how much time is left they might get a draw and go on ET

In general Spain play football. Turning to a more cynical or defensive style of play when you are winning or games are stretched is different from playing that way the entire game.

Spanish trying to unlock a defence is different from some of the other teams using speedy players or hoping for genuine quality moments. Just before France scored, Spain had a very similar headed chance, I don’t know why people think France were far better the first 15 mins.

Against Germany, Kroos should have been off after that foul on Pedri and he could have gotten more yellows at different stages. Still felt they played the better football overall. You can’t hold it against a team as the game goes on that they get leggy or struggle to retain their early pace.

Best chance for England , if they beat Dutch, is to holdout until later on in the game. If Spain get ahead I don’t see England getting back into the game outside of a wonder strike or moment. Spain have already proven they can concede against strong teams and get back into games. England as of yet , have been less than convincing in any game they’ve played.

Maybe they kick into gear now but looks like the they are only in the tournament cause they got a ridiculously fortunate draw. Spain have played Italy , Germany and France on the way to the final. I wouldn’t be suggesting Spain have been lucky when you see what England have avoided to the final.

Both English and Dutch footballforums are now talking about how they could beat Spain. For some reason both countries seem to think they have already qualified.

Both English and Dutch footballforums are now talking about how they could beat Spain. For some reason both countries seem to think they have already qualified.
How about we just team up. I reckon we have a chance with 22 against 11.

Of course Spain doesnt play entertaining football all the time and sometimes they're pragmatic, as it should be, but generally they play football. They dont wait for an individual to make something out of nothing or dont give the edge to muscles and strength to get them through but they're trying to find openings and chances through combinations, openings, structure, famous patterns of play. You dont beat Croatia, Italy, Germany and France just by luck, on the contrary its an extremely tough path to the final.

But that doesnt make it a smash and grab though.

I'd enjoy Spain more if they weren't such whingy cnuts. Yamal is 12 years old and already goes down faking a fractured spine after every challenge.

I bet those Spanish twats even come out of their mother's womb crying.

Last edited:
I'd enjoy Spain more if they weren't such whingy cnuts. Yamal is 12 years old and already goes down faking a fractured spine after every challenge.

I bet those Spanish twats just come out of their mother's womb crying.
Cucurella is the worst. You breathe in his face and he's down grabbing his head.

Already a festive atmosphere here in Dortmund. They say 70 000 Holland fans are expected today
:eek:

So what's Gareth going to do tonight, Guehi back in? Shaw to start?

I think I Guehi will come back in but Shaw won't start.
Is saw somewhere Shaw still not fit and Trippier to start.

I was excited reading Trippier will start at left back again until I realized it's still Bergwijn who he's up against.

My only solace from defeat tonight is that England do not deserve to be in the final and would've got battered by Spain anyway. It also spells the end of Southgate.

I was excited reading Trippier will start at left back again until I realized it's still Bergwijn who he's up against.
Not much of a chance Frimpong starts?
Frimpong and Dumfries could cause a lot of problems to the English left side, whether its Trippier or Shaw.
Bergwijn not so much.

Any leaked england team news?

Got a feeling Southgate will follow his pragmatic nature and start Gallagher ahead of Mainoo. Or Eze for more experience.