Semi-finals | Spain vs France | Netherlands vs England

Bit like the World cup, France should've trusted some of their younger players more game time earlier. Barcola giving Spain something to think about but he's hardly been used this tournament.

Dude, you're not going to believe how old Yamal is, just wait until you hear it = mind blown.

Don’t know if you heard it yet, but he’s actually got schoolwork with him.

Also, little known fact, German employment laws mean he’s not allowed to do post match interviews.

They should really talk about it. Mad that they don’t.

No worries, your special cocktails will have him in great shape once the season resumes

The Pintus special.

I do agree and it’s bizarre someone like Rabiot gets preferential treatment and selected ahead of Camavinga, but that’s just Deschamp being incredibly defensive and playing favorites. Benching arguably the most creative midfielder is just dumb. But it does fit my request to minimize playing time for all of our players :lol: So thank you Mr Deschamp.

Missing a bit of creativity in midfield and Dembele is way too wasteful

They are not able to press Spain, or build up pressure with the ball. If you look how Germany put Spain under pressure, France are not able to trouble them at all.

How do France not have a single creative midfield passer around the squad? Even Griezmann is more a finisher than a creator, France are a one v one team and if that isn't working it is so pedestrian.

How do France not have a single creative midfield passer around the squad? Even Griezmann is more a finisher than a creator, France are a one v one team and if that isn't working it is so pedestrian.
One v one, cutback, rinse, repeat.

As I’ve said before, Deschamps makes Southgate’s England look like 1982 Brazil

That type of player has disappeared in French football basically

Why are France not showing more urgency? Time is ticking. Spain will pass away the last 10 minutes.

Yes it's nowhere near as fluent as when Pogba was at his peak in 2018. Him declining and then getting banned created a big problem for them given his unique game style when on the ball.

Spain have been really, really negative with the ball for most of the 2nd half. Clearly a deliberate strategy but one I hate for them (and myself). Did the same thing against Germany and paid the price because it completely takes Williams and Yamal out of the game.

Think it will need a 5 at the back shitfest to beat Spain. We did it in the qualifiers and almost managed to do the double over them. I think England or the Netherlands could too.

The Pintus special.

I do agree and it’s bizarre someone like Rabiot gets preferential treatment and selected ahead of Camavinga, but that’s just Deschamp being incredibly defensive and playing favorites. Benching arguably the most creative midfielder is just dumb. But it does fit my request to minimize playing time for all of our players :lol: So thank you Mr Deschamp.

It would be bizarre if Camavinga had not been every bit as bad as Rabiot.

Time for Spain to channel Athletico Madrid. The one time I will support this.